Are fans & white noise machines allowed?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by lucas, Feb 15, 2012.

1. lucas

lucas °o°

Are plug-in fans and white noise machines allowed on board the Dream? Or do they have to be the battery type?

On the Oasis of the Seas, the plug-ins were not allowed and they only allowed the battery types. Is it the same with Disney?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Trekker

Trekker I've gone to find myself, If I return make me stay

I had a small plug in fan on my last cruise in January and there was no issue!

4. DsnysGr8t

DsnysGr8t Mouseketeer

We have friends who are Platinum level CC members and they have brought a small fan on all of their cruises with no problems.

5. bibbidibobbidibecky

bibbidibobbidibecky The Fairy Godblogger

We always bring a small fan when we travel and did so on both of our cruises with no issues.

6. EricaG

EricaG Mouseketeer

If you are looking to use a white noise machine, there are several free apps you can download onto an iPhone (or other smartphone I would assume), and then play them through the speaker/dock thing in the room. My son sleeps with a white noise machine at night, and this strategy worked great for us!

7. E&EMom

E&EMom Mouseketeer

I took a white noise machine on our last two cruises on Disney without any problems. It not only helps me sleep but it takes care of some of the noise you hear from the cabins beside of you.

8. doris1976

doris1976 Mouseketeer

I think the phone app is a good idea, plus it saves space in your luggage.

9. mouselike-harrier

mouselike-harrier Mouseketeer

DH uses his app all the time when we travel. It even has different types of noise you can listen to.:)

10. Dislaney4n6

Dislaney4n6 DIS Veteran

Does the white noise app function without internet access? I plan on keeping my phone on "airplane mode" to not incurr any large phone bills accidently.

Thanks in advance.

11. WeLoveDisneyAlways

WeLoveDisneyAlways DIS Veteran

Personally a white noise machine or iPhone app could never replace my fan I can't sleep with out. We had one on our recent dream cruise no problems at all. I'm sure our room host would have told us if there was. The Disney site says the must be checked by the onboard electrician before being used we didn't do that.

12. disneybeachprincess

disneybeachprincess Disney Girl from Day One

:goodvibes yes...we have brought a fan & that machine for sleep apnea (DH) & also a sound machine...no problem at all...we always bring a power strip & an extension cord as well...hope this helps! :thumbsup2

happy cruising! :lovestruc

13. Momma2Jax

Momma2Jax DIS Veteran

::yes:: It will work on airplane mode. We like the app, too. Although I think we will still bring a fan, because we like to have moving air. We sleep with a fan in our room all year-round:thumbsup2

14. Im_A_Princess

Im_A_Princess PLATINUM - Woo Hoo!

We have always brought a small fan. Need the air movement for the small space. Also, it helps drown out hallway noise :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

15. mickey2000

mickey2000 Pin trader

I use my race day Nascar ear plugs :thumbsup2

[​IMG]

16. Epcotopia

Epcotopia Like a grand and miraculous spaceship, our planet

I brought my Marpac white noise machine on my last cruise in May and had no problems. :thumbsup2

I lost it on the last leg of my trip though. Doh!!! :furious:

17. Koivu

Koivu Earning My Ears

Anyone have tinnitus? I do. Do the white noise machines work? Never tried one. But fans are allowed

18. m&m's mom

m&m's mom <font color=deeppink>Waiting for the waterless cru

On our 1st cruise I was so worried cause I always sleep with the master bath exhaust fan for background noise. My mom bought me a medium sized fan that runs on battery or ac/dc to bring and it was perfect.
    Of course now that luggage is the price it is- I use the IPhone and IPad app and it works fine. Just remember to change the setting so it does not cut off.

19. lucas

lucas °o°

Thanks for the replies. I guess I am worried because RCCL was so strick about fans on our last cruise. That really surprised me because I didn't think it had been a problem in the past. I thought maybe all the cruise lines had cracked down on the plug-in items.

And as far as the iPhone or smartphone - that wouldn't work for us. We don't have one!

20. H2OMama

H2OMama Mouseketeer

I am sensitive to the sound of my white noise. I too use the Marpac as it is adjustable in pitch and volume. I have downloaded one app for white noise, but hated the sound it was like static on an old TV to me or very fake rain. I like when it sounds like a real fan best (not bathroom fan). I would love to travel with just my phone, do any of the apps have better sound quality?

21. H2OMama

H2OMama Mouseketeer

On occasion I do. What do you mean does white noise work? To make the ringing go away? No, for me with the wrong sound it gives me the ringing noise until I turn it off. But it does drown out all the other travel noises nicely.