• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are Extra Magic Hours Worth Staying On Site?

I just can't justify rack rates for even a studio much less a two bedroom.

Two Value rooms are a better deal if it makes the difference between staying on site and off -- in my opinion, of course.

You're on the edge for renting points. If you decide to do that, hurry.

Can someone direct me where to look for renting points? I am utterly confused about DVC and points. Is there a beginner thread somewhere for renting vs buying etc.

emh isnt the only reason to stay on property

we enjoy the fact that we do not have to drive if we dont want to
dme is a big plus for us
we also enjoy the fact that all our purchases are brought back to the room for us

then you have to figure out what your extra travel time is worth to you
you know all that extra time you are going to be spending in your car every day of your trip

For me, the answer would be no. I stay offsite because I like to get away from all the "magic" once in a while and recharge my batteries. I don't mind driving in every day (especially since where we stay is 5 min from Disney and I probably spend less time driving than a lot of people do using Disney transportation).

I might miss a little magic staying offsite, but it more than makes up for it with a happier mom who gets to stretch out and not be on top of 3 other people in a small hotel room in a resort that is overrun by other vacationers.

I was at Disney this summer. It was my first time in 10 trips that I stayed offsite (Sheraton Vistana Resort) and we were so happy with our choice. The parks are open for many hours anyway, and we just avoided the early/late parks and it worked out beautifully. I had booked two value rooms but paid less for a two bedroom suite, had a full kitchen and washer/dryer for less. It was a no brainer.

I thought I would terribly miss being immersed in Disney 24/7 but the downtime was nice and spreading out was amazing. Do it and you won't regret it.

scrapper2k said:
I was at Disney this summer. It was my first time in 10 trips that I stayed offsite (Sheraton Vistana Resort) and we were so happy with our choice. The parks are open for many hours anyway, and we just avoided the early/late parks and it worked out beautifully. I had booked two value rooms but paid less for a two bedroom suite, had a full kitchen and washer/dryer for less. It was a no brainer.

I thought I would terribly miss being immersed in Disney 24/7 but the downtime was nice and spreading out was amazing. Do it and you won't regret it.

Thanks so much! This is exactly what I'm worried about. It really helps to hear that you were happy with your choice.

In the future I will try to rent DVC points to have the best of both worlds but I think it's too late to try that now; maybe for our next trip.

It's great you were happy with your choice and didn't miss the EMH. Eases my mind and I think I will stick with WBC, unless an amazing discount or pin code comes out. ;)

I usually stay on site for various reasons (I love the dining plan, not driving). We have not had great luck with EMHs on some trips. But this last trip we used them wisely and now I love them. If you can get up early, take a mid day break, and stay up late then they work great.

Go to park with AM EMH, stay for a few hours til park gets more crowded, take a break, then go back to park with evening EMH. Of course, there are not 2 parks everyday with EMH. So go to park with AM EMH then hop to park that does not have EMH. That first hour, and the next couple are usually great. And from about 11 on in MK with pm EMH is great. I couldn't believe how empty the park was after 11. We rode on Peter Pan over and over at 2am. NO ONE in line.

If you are not a family that can get up early, or stay up super late, then they are not worth it.

Especially in busier times satying on site , for whatever reason, is a gigantic plus. Have helped a few friends plan trips and always lead them to the many advantages of WDW hotels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter