• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are DVC folks still using the TIW cards? I see they are 150 now..

We stopped using it. In order to reap the benefits, we'd have to spend more than $750 (break even point). Unless we travel with a group more than once the 12 month period, it no longer works for us. So we're out...

Really? We are a party of 3; two of us being relatively light eaters, and only one of us being a drinker (and not much at that), and we could hit $750 in eligible spending easily. One TS a day, a drink every day or two at a participating place, and a few meals at a participating food court and we've hit that mark inside a week. In the past we hit it in about 4 days but now we don't care to do character meals much and the cost has gone up. Then again, my kid eats a on of food and way more types of foods than before, so...

Each time we consider the card we do take a look at our planned ADRs and check the ap vs dvc vs tiw math, but for the times the tiw wins its not hard to hit the dollar mark.

Actually loving the thread....

Yes, everyone else should quite buying this :). You see, by doing so, the price will be held down for us :). By TALKING to TIW? WE have no issues getting a card good for three trips, with proper purchase timing.

In the mean time - ABSOLUTELY don't buy this card :). Your avoidance is helping to keep our costs down :). Please - don't buy it :).

Actually loving the thread....

Yes, everyone else should quite buying this :). You see, by doing so, the price will be held down for us :). By TALKING to TIW? WE have no issues getting a card good for three trips, with proper purchase timing.

In the mean time - ABSOLUTELY don't buy this card :). Your avoidance is helping to keep our costs down :). Please - don't buy it :).

Except Disney does not tend to keep around programs that aren't used.

Just got back from hurricane shortened visit. Purchased TiW on the 2nd of October and it expires on 31 Nov 2017. Used it twice while there. The wife and I drive down. We stayed at OKW. Drove to Yacht club for dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse. We splurged for 57th anniversary and got a $35 discount. After dinner got the car back for another $25 savings. The next day took oldest son and daughter in law to dinner at Big River and saved almost another $15. Two meals and I recovered half the cost of the card. Can't beat that with a stick. (Old cliché)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter