Are Disney's Special Offer discounts becoming as hard to book as Free Dining?

uccats97

Proud WDW Annual Passholder
I've been looking at various dates to take advantage of the Spring room discountoffer but finding it to be "sold out" over and over. I can still get a room at rack rate, just not with the discount. It is sofrustrating when you see that there are rooms available but that the number ofrooms blocked for the promotion are filled. It's very disappointing.

I decided to call Disney in hopes that they could magically find me a room with the discount that I couldn't get myself online. I asked the reservations CM if I had a unique pin code, and I did! Yippee! Never mind the general discount, my pin code is better. Oh wait, nope. All of the rooms blocked for using the unique pin code are booked too. Seriously?

Anyone else encounter situations like this too? I hope these room discount offers don't begin to become as sparse as free dining.

If you are booking in the spring the discounts are going to be harder to come by as even though not super busy, it still isn't as slow as it is in the early to mid fall time. My guess is they have a lot of rooms filled, but are trying to get a few more incentives to a few people to fill the others. I didn't have trouble booking free dining a couple years ago, but that was September and the parks are dead that time of year.

Like what kind of special offers? I got 15% off my hotel room because I saw they were offering it and I called in and it was still available....saved me a lot of money actually!

I got the Early Spring deal, but I booked it back in October. Then soon after received a pin code in the mail. Although they do not usually do two offers together, they did take some addtl off. Staying in value, so I think I was getting 15% off w/Spring Offer and they took $80 something off, which brought it to 20 % off value, which is the most they could do.

More recently there was another spring offer and it included 6 days for price of 5. Not sure how this worked, I saw it on a site other than Disney.

Called Disney and it was official, but I had two different CMs check for me and they said the deal I have is slightly cheaper than if I were to get 6th day free.

I will be flying from TX and I noticed that Southwest Vacations offered Disney resort availability where there was none on the Disney site.

I prefer to book my room and tix directly thru Disney, but you might want to try some of the travel sites and see what they have.

Honestly, I have had better deals thru Disney in the past, but this was okay.

Makes me wonder if they had just used the pin code alone; would I have come out better?

When dealing with the codes and stuff and comparing offers, some of it depends on who you talk to.

Waited entirely too long to book my flight. I think I am paying double what I have paid in years past.

This will be my 13th or 14th trip!

I booked FD last year in July for our Oct. trip. I was able to book for the Oct. dates during the last week of being able to book in July. But I was also flexible on my dates to being what was available for me to pick. I didn't go into booking with a hardcore date set...just simply what I could get since I had already waited that long.

People just book earlier and watch and jump on discounts. Spring is here already, basically, so people have taken up those promo rooms when it was first released. I got a PIN 3 weeks ago and called immediately knowing I would have to, if I wanted to keep the room categories I wanted with it. If I called now, I am sure I would have to compromise.

People just book earlier and watch and jump on discounts. Spring is here already, basically, so people have taken up those promo rooms when it was first released. I got a PIN 3 weeks ago and called immediately knowing I would have to, if I wanted to keep the room categories I wanted with it. If I called now, I am sure I would have to compromise.

True that.

The early bird always gets the worm.

How do you get pin codes? I've read about them. This will be our first stay at Disney and I opened a Disney CC (not charging to it but just to have it). So I'm hoping next year that will help us get a code?

How do you get pin codes? I've read about them. This will be our first stay at Disney and I opened a Disney CC (not charging to it but just to have it). So I'm hoping next year that will help us get a code?

Nobody, and I mean nobody, knows how they determine who gets them.

I get pin codes a few times a year via regular mail and email. I have never used one before and figured that's why they keep sending them to me, to lure me back lol. I finally used one this time around for our summer trip. Not sure what I did to get on their list. We've stayed at the park only twice and I did have a Disney visa years ago so somehow got on their list I guess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter