Are Costco cakes any good?

See, I am not a food snob and I was wondering why those with discerning tastes did not care for it.

I guess I should pay more attention to what I am eating sometimes. :)

Well, I should too. You do NOT want to know what I had for lunch today.;)

Oh, come on. That takes all the fun out of it! ;)

Maybe. But you hear all of these culinary terms - like "crumb" and "mouth feel" and I was wondering if there was something that I should be looking for when eating a cake.

(I know, I am putting WAY too much thought into this. ;) )

Amazing. In high school, my friends and I brought a cake in for a friend at lunch and we got through maybe 2/3rds of the cake...just about died from that amount of sugar:crazy2: BUT after a hiatus, we've become friends again. The cupcakes are great but I prefer the cake. Maybe they can inject the frosting into the cupcake center...mmmmmm.

Maybe. But you hear all of these culinary terms - like "crumb" and "mouth feel" and I was wondering if there was something that I should be looking for when eating a cake.

(I know, I am putting WAY too much thought into this. ;) )

Personally, as long as a cake isn't dry and doesn't have that stupid whipped-cream frosting (which is nothing more than a sick, cruel joke, as far as I'm concerned), then I'm good with the cake. :laughing:

The cupcakes are great, they are on the big side though, depending on how old the kids are they might not finish a whole one.
I agree. the cupcakes are more like mini cakes, instead of cupcakes. They're good, but not as good as the sheet cakes.

Are their bakery goods, good??

Well last week they were giving samples of a rich chocolate cake in small pieces. Those cakes are BIG!!. I myself, I believe, finished off a whole cake alone. The lady kept saying you look familiar.

They are GREAT! So much tastier than the local bakery here. We love the cupcakes too. They are not filled though.

it's the frosting and fillings I can't stand. Way too sugary and the crisco or whatever the fat is in the frosting just coats your mouth and tongue. :crazy2:

mmmmmm, Crisco. mmmmm

Carry on as I wipe the drool off my chin

Years ago (like 10 years ago) I had asurprise birthday party for my moms 70th birthday and I bought a chocolate one and a vanilla cake for her party- people were raving for days about those cakes asking where I got them . I thought it was funny that I paid like 11.99 a cake at the time and people thought they were great! We had the cupcake recently at a christening party and they were good but I prefer the cakes with the extra filling in them since cupcakes didn't have filling.
I recently had a party for my daughter and a really expensive bakery cake was purchased for her and we also had a costco cake- well the costco cake was almost finished and only a few people ate the expensive bakery cake.

Costco's sheet cakes are great. I'm crazy for the vanilla cheesecake filling.

Their pies are horrible, though. The crusts are not flaky and the fillings aren't baked enough.

The cream cheese filling is awesome, and the whole reason we love Costco cakes! Plus, the price really can't be beat. Publix cakes are a very close second.

I love Costco's baked goods!!

The cupcakes are HUGE and so good! The cakes are really big and yummy!

Just and FYI, teachers HATE cupcakes in school--they are VERY messy, especially in the younger grades--cookies or something else might be a good option or send in paper bowls and spoons for the kids to use to eat the cupcakes.

Love 'em. I am a buttercream frosting junkie though, keep the cake give me the frosting. :goodvibes

Just and FYI, teachers HATE cupcakes in school--they are VERY messy, especially in the younger grades--cookies or something else might be a good option or send in paper bowls and spoons for the kids to use to eat the cupcakes.

All anyone brings to school for birthdays here are cupcakes-never heard any teacehr asking for anything else to be brought in. Every class that reaches 100 percent PTA membership also get a cup cake party in school and the principal never asked to change that one :confused3

Maybe I got an off batch, but I thought the cupcakes tasted totally different than the cakes. I like the cakes, but the cupcakes I had were a different texture and more like a frosted muffin. I didn't care for them.

I am the original miser here,but I happily pay extra for Publix baked goods when I need something. If you live around a Publix supermarket,you can't go wrong with a Publix cake!!!

The only cake that I have ever had from Costco is their carrot cake and I have to say it was by far the best carrot cake I have ever had. Not sure if that would work for a kid's birthday party though.

We just joined a few weeks ago; I will have to give their other cakes a try when we have a family birthday.

Hmmm. I guess I don't really care if teachers don't like cupcakes for treats or not. I've been a good mom all year and have been sending healthy snacks, and now I get to send in a yummy snack. ;)

I'm starting to think I'll make the cupcakes, and buy a Costco cake. Those Costco cupcakes are huge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter