3) When moved to another resort
. . . guests are tried to be upgraded to a better resort, if available
. . . guests rooms are tried to be upgraded, if available
. . . but, you WILL get a room
. . . whether the same, better or worse than you booked

* I have seen
. . . people booked at POP moved to SSR
. . . people booked in a GF Suite moved to a Moderate

Also, before you get all worried, remember, though very knowledgable, the Dis crowd is only a slice of the people who go to Disney World each year. though there are the stories of it not happening for them, or for people they know, there are thousands of reports we don't hear about people getting the connecting rooms. I am in the same situation, we have two preferred rooms at All Star Sports booked with "guarenteed connecting", I also mentioned to my husband what would we do if it happened, he said "we'll worry about it IF it happens."

I think it is always best to know what may happen ahead of time. That way you are not blind-sided, and standing there wondering what the heck happened and what you do now.

IF you end up one of the few cases where you do not get connecting rooms you only have a few options. You can ask to switch to another resort in the same catagory (value to value, moderate to moderate, deluxe to deluxe) if they have the desired connecting rooms available. You can pay for an upgrade to a different catagory of room if they have connecting rooms available, or downgrade for the same. Or you can take 2 rooms that don't connect and put an adult in each room to sleep. Dinsey will NOT let you put your kiddies all in one room without an adult.

Or you can say no thanks and try to find off site accomodations that suit you.

I'm not saying anyone should be wringing their hands with worry before the fact. But it would seem smart to have an idea of what you would do if you show up and your guaranteed connecting rooms are not available.

Having worked in for a resort hotel in upstate NY for a few years I can tell you that nothing is ever guarenteed. Like someone else said, sometimes large sections of rooms are either group booked in the hotel or their could be maintance problems.

What I can tell you though is that the hotel will do everything in it's power to accomodate guests. The only time they won't accomodate you is if the simply can't. ie the hotel is at capacity and they simply don't have the connecting rooms to give you. What I would do if I were you is call the hotel directly the night before your arrival. Rooms should already be assigned by 10 pm for the next day check in. Ask the person to check and make sure that you have connecting rooms. If you don't, it is easier for them to change you with someone else who is expected to check in that day as well.

What I would do if I were you is call the hotel directly the night before your arrival. Rooms should already be assigned by 10 pm for the next day check in. Ask the person to check and make sure that you have connecting rooms. If you don't, it is easier for them to change you with someone else who is expected to check in that day as well.

The problem is that Disney doesn't publish phone numbers that go directly to the resorts. The numbers they list for the resorts are actually at a call center.

If it is already noted on the resort reservation, then you have done all you can do. Ask at check in if your request has been granted. If it hasn't, ask if they can find a set of rooms that will fulfill your request. That is really all you can do.

Disney notes right on their web site that requests are not guaranteed to be met. So really you are better off not getting hung up on getting your request met. They will do all they can, but sometimes it is just not possible to meet your request. I've had simple request such as a general area of the resort not met. I've also paid for a certain type of room and been told at check in it was not avaialble. You really are better off being thrilled that your request has been met then angry it hasn't.

:rolleyes1I'm a little tickled by how much joy some of you seem to be getting out of stressing the fact that you can pay thousands of dollars for a vacation and have the resort or company not provide what you thought you were paying for. In any other instance it would seem "un-American". Oh well, it is what it is.

Thanks to all of you for both your encouraging and harsh words. I think you helped me remember why I was going to Disney anyway. We need a vacation and want to enjoy being a family at one of the happiest places on earth. So, I'll hope for the best and take into consideration some of the great advice that many of you have given. :thumbsup2

We check in the Sunday after Thanksgiving. I'm wondering if I should cut our trip a day short and upgrade to a Villa. It would be terrible to go all the way to Florida to celebrate our anniversary and end up in seperate rooms.:sad1:

If you really feel it would be "terrible" to not receive your request, I would book the villa. That way you would know for sure that you would all be together.

:rolleyes1I'm a little tickled by how much joy some of you seem to be getting out of stressing the fact that you can pay thousands of dollars for a vacation and have the resort or company not provide what you thought you were paying for. In any other instance it would seem "un-American". Oh well, it is what it is.

Thanks to all of you for both your encouraging and harsh words. I think you helped me remember why I was going to Disney anyway. We need a vacation and want to enjoy being a family at one of the happiest places on earth. So, I'll hope for the best and take into consideration some of the great advice that many of you have given. :thumbsup2

I hope I didn't come off sounding harsh :(. That was not my intention at all. I was just trying to share what my husband and i had concluded from the same scenario. :(. Again my apologies

We check in the Sunday after Thanksgiving. I'm wondering if I should cut our trip a day short and upgrade to a Villa. It would be terrible to go all the way to Florida to celebrate our anniversary and end up in seperate rooms.:sad1:

We were told must be adult in each room with minors so IF they have connecting room will be able to have one but still needs to be adult in that room?:confused3 that was told to us from the front desk.

I have always got my room requests, to include one trip with 3 adjoining rooms with 2 connecting. This was for a large family visit and this was in July when it was really busy.

If it were me I would stick with the two room plan, I believe Disney will do their best to honor your request. Also make sure your reservation shows that you are celebrating your anniversary.

Then I would not worry about it until check in and deal with any problems calmly should they arise and ask to speak to a supervisor to discuss connecting rooms.

:hippie:

Don't let the fact that things can go wrong stress you out. If you keep your cool, you're 100% guaranteed to have a great time. :thumbsup2

Except connecting rooms are not a booking category like lagoon view, MK view or preferred are. You are paying for two rooms and requesting connecting. So they providing two rooms as promised. Disney has such complicated booking schedules that it's amazing to me as an hotelier that they can meet the requests as well as they do.

Not sure why the interpretation of people giving the correct information as joy. It's just the facts and people are just sharing them.

I don't see anyone here being harsh. Just not wanting anyone to have an ugly suprise when they show up at their resort. A little knowledge is a great thing!

I hope I didn't come off sounding harsh :(. That was not my intention at all. I was just trying to share what my husband and i had concluded from the same scenario. :(. Again my apologies

Oh no! You were not harsh at all. Actually, even the answers that were harsh were not harsh in spirit, but in truth. Sometimes the truth just hurts! Ouch! I do really appreciate everyone sharing what they know, regardless. :goodvibes

The thing is, at least this is how I see it, when you are giving advise on a board such as this it is always better to make sure a person understands what MAY happen. I would rather know that "guaranteed" does not mean guaranteed at Disney because then I could have a back up plan. It wouldn't help someone for use to say otherwise.

Simply put, Disney does it's best to meet requests... but sometimes, they just can't. Disney does not guarantee much of anything.

Thanks. It makes a difference to me that they usually at least try to meet the requests. I've prepared the family for the chance of us being seperate. I'm determined not to let this ruin the trip. Afterall, on this trip we only plan to be in the rooms after we are totally exhaused from having a great day at the parks. :)

No, connecting rooms can never be absolutely guaranteed, no matter what is printed on the confirmation. Have seen several reports of those who had "guaranteed connecting" rooms because they had two adults and numerous children, and even one with one adult and numerous children, who were NOT assigned to connecting rooms. The truth is they know that with two adults, the adults can split up, even if that is not what the adults want to do.

Un-American or not, this is how it works in all hotels. I can see how the OP considers it "harsh" to be given this knowledge, but she needs to know, as she is counting on the connecting rooms, that there IS a possibility she won't get them.

If you really feel it would be "terrible" to not receive your request, I would book the villa. That way you would know for sure that you would all be together.

Great advice. We booked this back in August 2010. At the time I had budgeted for the Villas. After the CM told me we could do guaranteed connecting rooms, I switched to a moderate hotel and extended the trip a little. I'm just learning now that "guaranteed" connecting does not always guarantee connecting rooms. Villas are no longer in our budget. I'm okay with it now. Just thankful for the trip! I'll hope for the best and if we end up seperate, it will at least encourage us to spend less time in the rooms and more time exploring WDW. Next time I can afford Villas, I'll move forward with it, though. :)

No, connecting rooms can never be absolutely guaranteed, no matter what is printed on the confirmation. Have seen several reports of those who had "guaranteed connecting" rooms because they had two adults and numerous children, and even one with one adult and numerous children, who were NOT assigned to connecting rooms. The truth is they know that with two adults, the adults can split up, even if that is not what the adults want to do.

Un-American or not, this is how it works in all hotels. I can see how the OP considers it "harsh" to be given this knowledge, but she needs to know, as she is counting on the connecting rooms, that there IS a possibility she won't get them.

Thanks Nala for understanding my disapointment, but you guys are truly right about my needing to know it is a possiblity. :) I'm so glad that you guys made sure that the first time I heard guaranteed is not always guaranteed wasn't in the hotel at check in.:scared1: I'm better prepared and thrilled to be staying at POFQ!:cool1:

Thanks Nala for understanding my disapointment, but you guys are truly right about my needing to know it is a possiblity. :) I'm so glad that you guys made sure that the first time I heard guaranteed is not always guaranteed wasn't in the hotel at check in.:scared1: I'm better prepared and thrilled to be staying at POFQ!:cool1:

I am sorry if I came off as harsh in another post. I really did not mean for it to read that way. It's just, with information such as this, I don't sugar coat things because it could lead to disappointment (not saying you would see it this way, but it has happened in the past). So I can be very to the point with things and, with the lack of being able to see body language or hear inflection in tone, I will admit sometimes it doesn't come off quite the best.

OP, I really want you to have the best vacation possible. I know how much time and energy goes into making these plans and making the decisions on where to stay or eat or what to do. So, I am glad you asked this and people were able to help you. Hope you have a WONDERFUL trip no matter what happens! :flower3:

This will be my fifth visit to POP.I usually take my parents and request connecting room,even though it was not guaranteed 3 out of the 4 times I got them.This visit will just be us and the kids,I was told that I would get connecting rooms,guaranteed. I know things can happen, but I would not stress about it.

I am sorry if I came off as harsh in another post. I really did not mean for it to read that way. It's just, with information such as this, I don't sugar coat things because it could lead to disappointment (not saying you would see it this way, but it has happened in the past). So I can be very to the point with things and, with the lack of being able to see body language or hear inflection in tone, I will admit sometimes it doesn't come off quite the best.

OP, I really want you to have the best vacation possible. I know how much time and energy goes into making these plans and making the decisions on where to stay or eat or what to do. So, I am glad you asked this and people were able to help you. Hope you have a WONDERFUL trip no matter what happens! :flower3:

No I'm the one who's sorry. It was not my intention to make anyone feel bad. I was just really dissapointed. Like I've said, you guys did me a favor by making sure that I knew this could happen. I'm grateful. Thanks for the good wishes. We are really loking forward to this trip ( a twelfth anniversary, two birthdays and 3 first visits):banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter