• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are Certain Cabin Not Released For Booking ? - or Was I Unlucky ?

jdybnsn

DIS Veteran
Just wondered if any DCL experts can tell me if certain staterooms, even though they are not officially HA ones, are commonly not generally released by DCL for on line booking ?
I gave my TA instructions to book room 7634 on the Wonder and 9670 on the Fantasy on four different cruises, for the new 2014 itineries today (Gold & Plat booking only). These are aft corner stateroom which are near, or partial HA ones (but are not classified as HA).
She wasn't able to get hold of any one of them :sad2:...which seems odd at this early stage to be so unlucky on all four cruises.:confused3

...which makes me wonder if these are simly not released...or are they just highly sort after ?:confused3

I experienced something similar today when trying to book 2507 or 2007. They were unavailable, but the CM agreed that was bizarre on opening day. She put me on hold and came back saying that they were backup accessible rooms or something to that effect. I explained that we do need an HC room, and I have checked out these rooms before on the Dream and Fantasy and know they would meet our needs. It took another hold and a supervisor to release one (2507) for booking.

I have tried numerous times to book these rooms online and they NEVER show up as available, both when I am looking for regular and for accessible rooms. I dont get it, either they are accessible or not :confused3

I was surprised that ALL 9D rooms on the Fantasy April 5 sailing were not available at 830 this morning...They are big rooms but many don't care for them. It would make sense if they were held as back up handicap as they are the same size as handicap rooms on deck 6.

Different people need different sorts of HA changes in the cabin. These cabins are normally held for people who need them--as above, they are HA back ups. At a certain point before embarkation, they are released as normal cabins if not taken by people who have need of them.

Now it is pretty much a standard procedure across the board for any property in the hotel industry. I know at our hotel, we by policy have to keep our handicap accessible rooms open until someone specifically requests an accessible room, or it is the last open room in that category (K, QQ, etc) I for one appreciate that DCL acknowledges the need to hold back rooms capable of fitting the needs of a handicapped cruiser weather they book on the date of release, or a month before the PIF.

I was surprised that ALL 9D rooms on the Fantasy April 5 sailing were not available at 830 this morning...They are big rooms but many don't care for them. It would make sense if they were held as back up handicap as they are the same size as handicap rooms on deck 6.

Not really surprising.....our extended family booked 3 or 4 of the 9D's for the July 5th Fatnasy on opening day...so they can be sold out already as there are not that many of them.

MJ

We got 8504 at around 4pm for this sailing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter