• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are cell phones good in WDW?

How were the cell phones?

• They were very good and relieable

• They were ok and fair

• They were bad the worst, wouldn't suggest it

Results are only viewable after voting.

Lillian513

Been To WDW Once So Far......
Me, my son, and mother have cell phones and they are all cingular. In case we want to split up maybe my 2 sons and daughter 15, 13, 9 go ride the roller coasters and me my mother, her sister, and her little grand daughter 3 go over to sit, take the little one to a little play area, or just walk around. Would cell phones work good in WDW to keep in touch or is the signal bad and almost impossible to get we don't want to split up and chance getting lost there?

:confused3 :earsgirl: ::MickeyMo :banana: :rolleyes: :earseek: :cheer2: :3dglasses :earboy2: :umbrella: :cloud9: :grouphug: pirate:

-Thanx Lilly :earsgirl:

Are they the newest Cingular Digital Service? The older Cingular Service didn't work as well, but the newer one works really well!

what about US Cellular? Any one try that lately? :confused3

We're Verizon customers and our phones worked great.

We use Cingular and have had no problems in WDW or Universal :)
ETA: we now both have GSM phones but have used digital before. All worked well.

We have Cingular and our phones worked just fine last November. We were meeting friends there and it really made it easier to connect with them several times. and to keep track of my daughter when she and the other teenagers split up with us.

my sister and i needed ours. i took my nephew to the parks while she had a meeting. and we were able to get in touch with our phones as to where to meet up. or even when we were looking for each other in the same park. lol felt like we were playing a more advanced version of marco polo. lol

I've used Cingular succesfully on two recent trips. It wasn't perfect (what is?), but it was quite satisfactory. At most I had to walk a little bit to get a signal. For example, about 20 steps from Test Track. No big deal, and way better than everyone being on the same radio frequency. :jumping3:

We have Verizon and they worked great, unless you were in the middle of a "deep" ride, like Mission: Space.

momto2 said:
what about US Cellular? Any one try that lately? :confused3

momto2 - Yes, USCellular works well at WDW. It does not work inside all of the buildings though. Some of the rides you'll walk into will cause you to lose service, but out in open air, it works just about everywhere.

You are roaming there of course, but if you have a nationwide plan - it doesn't matter. If you don't have a nationwide plan - use your phones sparingly. Trust me on that one - I racked up a $400 bill about 2 years ago while at WDW ( Roaming & long distance ). With the nationwide plan, I never went over $70/mo while at WDW for several months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter