Are Cast Member dining discounts gone?

kristenhh

Why can't we go to DL for EVERY vacation?
My daughter is a cast member and they usually get a list of restaurants that they get a 40% discount. However, the last one expired yesterday, and she hasn't seen a new one. Has anyone heard if Disney is doing away with these discounts? We were planning on taking advantage this week and next...

i would not be surprised to see that CM discounts are gone for the forseeable future under this management team. After life returns to normal I expect that WDW will be radically different and even more focused on profit over service.

Right - do you know if Disney will release any DM discounts or if they still get 20%?

Don't know if and when more are coming, but your daughter can access the hub to see the which locations are still offering the standard 10 - 20%.

Right - do you know if Disney will release any DM discounts or if they still get 20%?
both 40% and 20% discounts run through Jan 4th butt they will release the new dates with the same restaurants and the same discounts probably through June

i would not be surprised to see that CM discounts are gone for the forseeable future under this management team. After life returns to normal I expect that WDW will be radically different and even more focused on profit over service.
sorry but that is not true, In fact CM have had bigger and longer deals through all of this. Discounts is basically part of the perks of being a CM they won't cut those

Last edited:

sorry but that is not true, In fact CM have had bigger and longer deals through all of this. Discounts is basically part of the perks of being a CM they won't cut those

First off I hope i’m wrong in my guess as to Disney’s behavior.

Being in the tech field there is a saying ‘It’s time to leave when the meal subsidy ends’ another version it’s time to leave when the free coffee ends.

Both refer to a time when management is buffing up the bottom line and line employee perks are among the first things to go.

...just finished speaking to my DS, who is a CM .... well, technically, he is laid off as of January 1 but since he is Union, his job is guaranteed until October 2022. He is now working [temporarily] at Chefs de France, which is 3rd Party until he gets called back. He is now green card instead of blue card, which means that he no longer has access to The Hub. However, he still has full free access to any park (except DHS, which is temporarily blocked out probably because of Batuu/Star Wars Land). He also gets a discount for LUNCH ONLY at Chefs de France. And yes, CMs still get restaurant discounts but they change from time to time according to seasonal changes, which have nothing to do with Covid. BTW, one other perk that he got, which no other CMs at Epcot [except those working at the France pavilion] were afforded, was a full tour of the new Ratatouille area.

enhance

Last edited:
There is a link on The HUB that lists the cast discounts.

Just wanted to touch base. On the HUB they have stated that 20% and 40% dinning discounts are still available. Also CM can print vouchers from the holiday celebration for 30% 40% and 50% off meals and snack vouchers

Yes, the 40% discount list is back, and it's pretty much exactly the same as the last quarter! Really wish they'd change up some of the restaurants!

....it's mainly the pricier, 5-star eateries.

Yeah, but personally, I'm okay with that most of the time because at those prices, I like the discount!

I have a quest going to eat at every single restaurant, and I'm 7 away from finishing and those are all closed now so I wait.....

Yeah, but personally, I'm okay with that most of the time because at those prices, I like the discount!

I have a quest going to eat at every single restaurant, and I'm 7 away from finishing and those are all closed now so I wait.....
....TS?....or counter-service too?

....TS?....or counter-service too?

I have 7 left for Table Service, Counter I have about 11 left.

It really started out as just a quest for TS, but then I figured why not count both?? And I don't count it if a restaurant has revamped itself, so like I had eaten at Artist Point, but had to eat there again once it became storybook dining. Now, I don't differentiate between breakfast and dinner, etc. unless it completely changes like that did.

I have 7 left for Table Service, Counter I have about 11 left.

It really started out as just a quest for TS, but then I figured why not count both?? And I don't count it if a restaurant has revamped itself, so like I had eaten at Artist Point, but had to eat there again once it became storybook dining. Now, I don't differentiate between breakfast and dinner, etc. unless it completely changes like that did.
....interesting.....I started out YEARS ago having that on my bucket list.....unfortunately, we tend to eat again at places that we've really enjoyed (that is, unless we have a bad experience, like Le Cellier and Whispering Canyon).

Last edited:
....interesting.....I started out YERS ago having that on my bucket list.....unfortunately, we tend to eat again at places that we've really enjoyed (that is, unless we have a bad experience, like Le Cellier and Whispering Canyon).

We are the same! I've eaten at many on the list 4 or 5 times. But last year, I promised myself I would finally finish, so once a month, I booked one I hadn't eaten at before and just forced it!! LOL

Can I socialize with the cast members at the resort like sit down and eat with them at a restaurant in the resort?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter