• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

are capris and a nice top ok for dinner one nite on the 3 niter?

BWVDenise

I believe in something, I just don't know what it
I am really stressing over dressing! I just don't have much in my closet... but do I need to bring 3 dresses for dinners? (I don't do "pants suits") :confused:

As long as you are not a guy. LOL - Just ignore me, I'm getting excited about our cruise. - Mike

I wore capri's and a little top to Parrot Cay. Looked very tropical and in theme.

"Pants suits" can be a pair of Dockers - even for women. I'm not sure why they use the word pants suits. They really just mean no jeans, no shorts.

I wore capris and a nice top to AP and no one seemed to care. I say go for it!!:)

are capris and a nice top ok for dinner one nite

I prefer the items off of the menu personally but the servers are great and if they can find some I'm sure they'll rustle it up for you and serve it to you. ;)

Cheers,
Grumbo

They would be PERFECT for any night except formal or semi-formal, and I'm not even sure they have those 2 dress-up nights on the 3-day. I plan to wear a nice capri set on most of the nights on our upcoming 7-day cruise. Don't stress about it....I can assure you that you will see all sorts of dressing up and dressing down but a nice capri set would be both comfortable and appropriate

Grumbo - I'm still laughing. - Mike:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

CONGRATS ON YOUR 500th post. - MIke

Originally posted by Grumbo
I prefer the items off of the menu personally but the servers are great and if they can find some I'm sure they'll rustle it up for you and serve it to you. ;)

Cheers,
Grumbo

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Originally posted by BWVDenise
I am really stressing over dressing! I just don't have much in my closet... but do I need to bring 3 dresses for dinners? (I don't do "pants suits") :confused:

I've worn similar on the 4-day cruises! Go for it...have fun and no worries!

I wouldn't worry about your clothes. We just came back from the three day Wonder and our table mates wore shorts 2 out of the 3 nights. We had "formal" night at Tritons the first night and felt rather out of place with our fancy dresses. My husband was one of a minority that had a suit on. Much different from other cruises we've been on. It could have been because it was our first night but I don't know.

Susan

:eek: shorts! Blasphemy! I didn't think they would let people in the dining room for dinner with shorts! That is why I asked about the capris. I didn't know if that was too casual!

These clothes questions sometimes crack me up!! (Especially when Grumbo throws in his two cents! I split my sides with his last comment!!)

Ladies, just wear whatever you are comfortable in. This is your vacation. No stressing permitted. Just follow the guidelines, no shorts or jeans, and wear whatever you feel best in!! I will guarentee unless you dress "Way Out There", no one will even remember what you had on (unless you get your picture taken in it)! This isn't a fashion show...it's a vacation!!!

I wore capris and a nice blouse to dinner 2 times on our 7 day and also to the brunch at Palos. I never felt under dressed. Don't stress too much over the clothes. You will have a great time no matter what you wear!!

The "only" thing I've found so far, that I would call a pant suit, (I really liked, and bought) is a capri set! :crazy: So thanks, OP for the question, I wasn't sure if they were under shorts or pants?

MKY princess:

We are leaving next thursday and I was definately stressing over dressing that is for sure.....Acutally I just came to my senses yesterday after reading some of these posts. I have several pairs of solid color capris, with nice shirts and sweater sets that can all be mixed and matched. I also have a few dresses thrown in for good measure, including my formal and semi formal. Although I like to **think** it is all about me...no one really cares what I have on. I always dress appropriately which is relative - considering there will always be people in sweatpants at dinner.

I have not been on a Disney cruise yet, but cruised Celebrity in the past. We dressed EVERY night for dinner. My husband wore a jacket and I wore at the very least a casual dress. That is what we love about cruising but I imagine with kids- it is different.

And what is a pant suit anyway????? Didn't those go out with gauchos and butterfly collars? Acutally they are all back in style!

Have fun.

I own a "pants suit" pants and a top in a single piece with a long zipper up the back. Its a lovely silk number in eggplant and looks like slacks with a matching top. Its a few years (at least five, it was bought pre-children) old now, so probably not the height of fashion. The other type of pants suit I think of is the women's version of the men's suit - wool or linen pants with a matching blazer.

I find Disney's use of the term amusing, because I think they mean "slacks with an appropriate top" (one wouldn't wear nice crepe slacks with a Grateful Dead t-shirt).

The 3 and 4 day cruises are not as dressy as the 7 day ones. A pair or capri's and a nice sweater or top is great. So is a sundress. Anything but shorts or jeans. I know there have been several threads about this topic, but if you want to wear shorts for dinner, go up to the buffet or order room service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter