Are AP price increases on the horizon?

Angrose

DIS Veteran
We haven't seen any increases to the prices of annual passes since last October. Has anyone heard of any increases for this year and when those might happen?

I currently have a Deluxe AP that I would like to upgrade to a Signature, so I'm wondering if I should pop down to the parks for a day to get that done before any price hikes happen. Of course, it would be a great excuse for a day trip :)

I think that you can wait. When in October does it expire? Once you're in your 40 day renewal period, even if the price goes up, you can get last year's price. If you're going to get signature, you get a $60 discount. If they raise the price of the AP by $50, you'd still come out slightly ahead by renewing.

Edited to add: Never mind, I thought you said it expires in Oct. If you're going to upgrade before it expires, you might as well do it as soon as you can, since they don't prorate. Have you tried seeing if you can do it over the phone?

I think that you can wait. When in October does it expire? Once you're in your 40 day renewal period, even if the price goes up, you can get last year's price. If you're going to get signature, you get a $60 discount. If they raise the price of the AP by $50, you'd still come out slightly ahead by renewing.

Edited to add: Never mind, I thought you said it expires in Oct. If you're going to upgrade before it expires, you might as well do it as soon as you can, since they don't prorate. Have you tried seeing if you can do it over the phone?
Hmm, I read on the website that you had to do it at a ticket booth, but I suppose giving them a call couldn't hurt. I'll give it a try and report back!

I actually anticipated an increase back in May. Bought my APs.....and of course it didn't happen. I suppose if they increase in price this fall, I'll be patting myself on the back. But when it comes to buying things at the wrong time, I'm usually top of the mountain.

Well, I am happy to report they were able to upgrade my AP over the phone AND they accepted a gift card as payment, WOOHOO! Thank you @SMD for the suggestion. You can say that I am an even happier annual pass holder than before.
:dumbo:

It's going to be so helpful to have the Signature AP now since it looks like a girls trip is in the works over a weekend in the spring (I would have been blocked out on the Saturday) AND a family trip over Memorial Day (totally blocked). I'm so excited!!

AP Price Increases... can happen at any time without warning.

My guestimate is now with the DCA Only AP being released 9/1... maybe Labor Day? Prove me wrong, Disney. Please. I just want to see how high the new rates are :D

I expect them to go up very soon with the DCA pass being introduced at Costco. I'm still trying to decide if I should buy them.

I'd say with the way things have been going that we are diffenately due. Especially with the DCA only pass rumors floating around. If you want to renew your pass, I'd do it sooner rather than later.

Isn't an increase always on the horizon?

Although I feel like they JUST introduced the whole signature/plus thing and did away with premium. Has it really been a year?

Hold up.... a California Adventure only pass?! I guess I'm behind on the news.

If the annual passes are going to be going up, I need to purchase ours ASAP! I was going to wait until October, but maybe that isn't such a good idea...

Ach! We're going in mid-September & are going to get Deluxe AP's. Gotta do my research to see how I can buy with a DVC discount ahead of time. We buy an AP every few years & buy at a ticket booth.

I have been wondering about an increase also. I'm seriously considering upgrading our park hoppers in October, but would obviously rather upgrade before a price increase. The question is... can I upgrade tickets (purchased from LMT) over the phone, or do I have to do this at the ticket booth?

I was worried about this happening. Luckily, I was able to plan a trip at the beginning of this month so I could upgrade parkhoppers that I was holding for my mid September trip to APs. The last increase was October 4.

Someone on another board thought that mid-September might be the target time based on the discontinuation of corporate discount tickets on 9/14. Does anyone know if AP gift vouchers are still accepted for AP renewals?

there is a chance of no price hike since disney believes that all this construction makes people want to buy APs and tickets...

id guess it would hike after all these constructions...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter