Are any WDW Resorts Wireless?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Baileymouse, Oct 1, 2003.

1. Baileymouse

Baileymouse <font color=teal>Has now been touched by the Tag F

Do any of the Disney resorts offer wireless access? My public library has a wireless internet system and we often have people come in with laptops to access the internet.

Many handhelds have wireless adaptor cards, too.

Does anyplace at WDW offer wireless access?
    Adele

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. ducklite

ducklite <font color=teal>Take the Poly, it's fabulous!<br>

Not to my knowledge, sorry.

Anne

4. DisneyChick02

DisneyChick02 Earning My Ears

Yes, SOME are wireless now, and will be rolling out high-speed internet access in the coming months. I know for a fact that the Yacht and Beach Club is now wireless in the lobbies and convention center, and I believe the concierge lounge now as well. High speed internet is now available (starting today actually) at CSR, and will start opening at other resorts over the next few years- look for it at traditionally convention hotels (CSR to start, CR, YC, etc.) I would expect everything to be at convention and deluxe hotels first, then over the long-haul I bet each hotel will have it.

The cost is 4.95/hour or 9.95/24 hours, and you can buy a wireless card if you need one at the hotel business centers (usually located in the convention areas)

Hope this helps!!!

5. billybaruch1

billybaruch1 Mouseketeer

I guess I'm just "old-fashioned" because I have dial-up and don't know the broadband from the big bands or the Wi-Fi from the Hi-Fi. It's all Sci-Fi to me. DisneyChick02, it looks like you're exactly right! :)

http://www.wdwig.com/hnews.htm#929

6. ducklite

ducklite <font color=teal>Take the Poly, it's fabulous!<br>

Kewl! Thanks for the update!

I usually have to work while on vacation, and this will make my life MUCH easier!

Interesting and smart to get an outside vendor to provide the service--they have no financial risk and make a profit while keeping guests happy :)

Anne

7. mousehut101

mousehut101 I've been there...WORKED THERE...and done that! :-

As far as I know The Walt Disney Co. owns Smart City Telecom.

8. Cris

Cris <font color=red>DVC member<br><font color=green>Co

WDW does not own Smart City. They owned Vista communication and handed over to smart city.

9. alexedan

alexedan Mouseketeer

If staying at the poly can you hop to GF or Contemporary for wireless access? (Paying, of course)

10. Baileymouse

Baileymouse <font color=teal>Has now been touched by the Tag F

You people are the best!!!:Pinkbounc

I knew I was asking the right group :teeth:

I'm staying at the BCV this trip so it'll be easy for me to access. I'm going to bring a hand-held.

Take care,
    Adele