Are any WDW Resorts Wireless?

Baileymouse

<font color=teal>Has now been touched by the Tag F
Do any of the Disney resorts offer wireless access? My public library has a wireless internet system and we often have people come in with laptops to access the internet.

Many handhelds have wireless adaptor cards, too.

Does anyplace at WDW offer wireless access?
Adele

Yes, SOME are wireless now, and will be rolling out high-speed internet access in the coming months. I know for a fact that the Yacht and Beach Club is now wireless in the lobbies and convention center, and I believe the concierge lounge now as well. High speed internet is now available (starting today actually) at CSR, and will start opening at other resorts over the next few years- look for it at traditionally convention hotels (CSR to start, CR, YC, etc.) I would expect everything to be at convention and deluxe hotels first, then over the long-haul I bet each hotel will have it.

The cost is 4.95/hour or 9.95/24 hours, and you can buy a wireless card if you need one at the hotel business centers (usually located in the convention areas)

Hope this helps!!!

I guess I'm just "old-fashioned" because I have dial-up and don't know the broadband from the big bands or the Wi-Fi from the Hi-Fi. It's all Sci-Fi to me. DisneyChick02, it looks like you're exactly right! :)

http://www.wdwig.com/hnews.htm#929

High Speed Internet Arrives at WDW Resorts

It has been a long time in coming, but High Speed Internet Access is being rolled out at the WDW Resorts, starting with Coronado Springs.

Price is $9.95 for 24-contiguous hours charged to the room account. You will need to supply your own laptop and cable! Technical support will be available via your in room phone.

Here is the estimated timetable for access:

Coronado Springs - Oct. 1, 2003
Yacht & Beach Club Resorts - Nov. 4, 2003
Contemporary Resort - Dec. 2, 2003
Grand Floridian - Dec. 2, 2003
BoardWalk (including DVC units) - Dec. 30, 2003
Saratoga Springs - Jan. 30, 2004
Villas at the Wilderness Lodge - Feb. 27, 2004
Old Key West - April 2, 2004

Wi-Fi is Also Available

Wi-Fi: High Speed Wireless Internet Access is available to Guests staying at select Disney Resorts. Guests with Wi-Fi enabled laptop computers or PDA's will be able to access the Internet from the common areas of each resort. Smart City is the vendor providing this service and 24-hour technical support for those Guests who need it. Smart City will bill the Guest using a secure credit card transaction via the on-screen Internet connection.

Requirements: Requires a wireless interface card (WIC), available for purchase in the resort's business center.

Price: $4.99 for the first 60 minutes or $9.95 for 24 contiguous hours

Grand Floridian - Main Lobby, Convention Center Hallway, Beach Pool

Contemporary - Main Lobby, Convention Center Hallway, Feature Pool

Yacht Club - Main Lobby, Convention Center Hallway, Stormalong Bay Pool

Beach Club - Main Lobby, Convention Center Hallway, Stormalong Bay Pool

Coronado Springs - Main Lobby, Convention Center Hallway, Feature Pool, Francisco's

Kewl! Thanks for the update!

I usually have to work while on vacation, and this will make my life MUCH easier!

Interesting and smart to get an outside vendor to provide the service--they have no financial risk and make a profit while keeping guests happy :)

Anne

As far as I know The Walt Disney Co. owns Smart City Telecom.

WDW does not own Smart City. They owned Vista communication and handed over to smart city.

If staying at the poly can you hop to GF or Contemporary for wireless access? (Paying, of course)

You people are the best!!!:Pinkbounc

I knew I was asking the right group :teeth:

I'm staying at the BCV this trip so it'll be easy for me to access. I'm going to bring a hand-held.

Take care,
Adele

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter