Are all the Toy Story Lot Buses Wheelchair Accessible?

Nevada Jen

DIS Veteran
I seem to remember that the parking lot shuttles in Disney World were not wheelchair accessible. I have avoided any hotel that includes using the Toy Story Lot Buses as a way to make it walkable, but I am rethinking that Strategy.

There is a dedicated waiting space for wheelchair buses and when I needed one with a family member the wait was no longer than 10 minutes usually I see ine waiting there and ready.

Since we are here now I paid attention in the morning we arrived at toy story lot at 7:30 and had to wait for a bus. We weren't using the accessible
Bus but one arrived at the same time as the reg bus in about 10 minutes. When we left the park at 3:30 there was one waiting at the park but not one on the other end at the parking lot. Hope that helps a bit. Maybe someone will answer who knows how many accessible
Buses they have etc.

Resurrecting this thread, which I am aware is old, but still relevant, since I'm looking for a related answer. We just found out my stepmother, who will be 87, will be joining us next June for my son's 7th birthday trip. We're staying at the Hyatt Place across the street from the Toy Story Lot. Would it be reasonable to push her in her wheelchair across the street and use the Toy Story wheelchair bus? Or, should we drive to Mickey and Friends? Or walk?

The "ART Route 20" buses (Toy Story) are the same as used by most public transit. The buses can "kneel", and also have ramps. Wheelchairs will need to be strapped in for legal reasons, but every bus is designed to be ADA friendly. On a rare occasion a bus might have a maintenance issue in regards to one of the ADA functions, bit if needed, they will just have you wait for the next bus.

www.rideart.org

Resurrecting this thread, which I am aware is old, but still relevant, since I'm looking for a related answer. We just found out my stepmother, who will be 87, will be joining us next June for my son's 7th birthday trip. We're staying at the Hyatt Place across the street from the Toy Story Lot. Would it be reasonable to push her in her wheelchair across the street and use the Toy Story wheelchair bus? Or, should we drive to Mickey and Friends? Or walk?

Alas, there is no ART rote that services the Hyatt House at Katella and Harbor. The walk backwards to the middle of the Toy Story Lot would be about the same as just walking to Disneyland.

So you could opt for a Taxi/Uber/Lyft or drive to the Toy Story or Mickey and Friends lot. If I was driving, I would opt for Toy Story.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter