• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are all the resorts really booked for Aug 1-8?

dngrmys

Mouseketeer
I heard that all the Disney resorts are booked up for Aug 1-8 so I went and checked myseld at disney.com. It seemed to be true: I couldn't find any available resorts, with the exceotion of a suite at CSR. It's not a big problem because I have already booked my reservations, but I am just wondering if the resorts ARE really booked up and what this will mean for crowd levels!?!?

Nonetheless, I am excited to be leaving in less than a week.

There are still plenty of rooms listed on Expedia...

I made my reservations for POP last week with no problem. We are going M-Th of next week.

I tried to change our room from POR to two rooms at POP or a value 4 times this week, and each time was told there are no rooms open. Our travel dates are Aug 21st to 27th.:confused3

We will be at CSR the 3rd-8th.. booked our room mths ago. I hope this doesnt mean the park crowds will be horrible. Its our first Disney trip in 15 yrs. We really want to have a good time and do lots of things.

Wonder if the hotels have overbooked rooms? and we can get an upgrade to something. That might be nice...

Wonder if the hotels have overbooked rooms? and we can get an upgrade to something. That might be nice...

That's my hope too, although I've call Disney way too many times this past week, I think if there was an upgrade on my room I'd know by now.:rotfl:

we havent called at all.. made our ressies thru AAA.. and they say its all taken care of. I requested the Cabanas, but after more thought have decided that the Casitas would be just fine too. that is where all the fountains are.. still a VERY PRETTY area.. When are you staying?

I noticed the open Expedia rooms, too. I wonder if Expedia reserves a bunch of rooms to Disney...not sure of how that system works.

We are headed to CSR from August 1-8 and are hoping for the Casitas, but I am not too picky.

Yikes! I hope that's not an indication of crowds! Good thing I'll be there for 10 days!

I just tried to book a mock trip to check on Disney.com and was able to get either Value, Moderate or Delux. Maybe it was a glitch in the system. I Just booked last week for 8/1 - 8/6 and had no problem. Although the Cast Member at reservations couldn't do it. Computer problems. I ended up booking it online while I was talking to her.

How many people are in your party? If you have over the allowed occupancy for one standard room, then it will tell you no rooms are available....

How many people are in your party? If you have over the allowed occupancy for one standard room, then it will tell you no rooms are available....

Was wondering the same thing, and since a suite popped up.. I know when I was trying to book something I had too many people on it for any availability.

Only 2 people in my party. I tried again and I came up with nothing. I did have better luck when just trying Aug 1-6.

And I am still a little bummed since Expedia shows almost every resort open and even has double beds available at CSR for Aug 1-8, but when I made my original reservations with Disney in late June, all I could get was a King for an extra $15 a night!

My boyfriend would LOVE the king room, but we cant. We are bringing his 8 yr old son.. its HIS TRIP.. :cool1: :cool1:

Neither of us have been in about 15 yrs.. so it will be new for all of us!!!

CSR 3rd-8th..

Expedia still has some rooms left in their inventory but most of those dates are sold out with Disney reservations. Expedia's inventory is removed from the Disney reservation inventory, so if you want those dates and Expedia has them, you would have to book with them.

I think it is going to be crowded especially at the resorts, it is the last week before schools start in the Southeast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter