• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are all Fast Pass return windows always 1 hour???

skywaywaver

DIS Veteran
Just wondering...is a Fast Pass return window (the time you come back to ride) always one hour? Or is it sometimes shorter, like maybe in the case of a show?
Thanks!

Not at all.

It could be 40 minutes, or it could be many many hours away (like Toy Story Mania, for example).

Early in the morning, the return times will be shorter, as the day goes on they get longer.

The time you can get a next FP, though, will never be longer than 2 hours. Return to ride times and next FP time are not always the same.

Both times are printed on the FP when you get it, and the return to ride time is also on a sign at the FP machines or ride entrance.

Thanks for your answer. :)
I know that the actual time could be any time in the future, but I guess what I meant to say (sorry I wasn't too clear - still need coffee!) is:
Is the time that you have to ride with your Fast Pass always one hour? Or will it be shorter, like in the case of Lights Motor Action in DHS? Or in other words, will it always be say...10:05 to 11:05 when I can ride or will it be different? I think all of the actual "rides" are one hour but I just want to be sure.
Thanks again!
And boy am I jealous that you're going to be at the Poly in two days! Isn't it amazing how our Disboards time increases as we get closer to our trips? LOL

I don't have a link to some of the great "canned" FP info that a few of our DISers have compiled, I'm sure someone will be along to give it to you eventually.

From what you posted, I'm still not sure that I understand your question or that you understand how it works.

Are you saying - is your window of time always an hour long? Yes, it is.

HOWEVER ... you don't have to return to ride in that hour. Once that hour of time opens, you can return to ride anytime at all for the rest of the day. You can't show up early, they won't let you on, but anytime after the window starts should be just fine. We have always done this and never had a problem. There's always a few isolated reports of someone who got a CM who wouldn't let them on after the window ended, but I'd say that's about .00001% of the time.

I have to go work now, so I will actually be able to leave tomorrow! (My ticker is really off by 1 day because we added an extra day!)

Yes! That's what I was asking.
But also thanks for the info about riding anytime all day after your first FP return time. I had heard that but it is nice to see somebody who has done it. Now if we all start doing it in droves, then they'll punish us and take it away. LOL

If I recall correctly, the return window also plays a part in when you can get additional FPs for other rides. So, not only do you get the luxury of waiting to ride at any time past the open time on the window but you can also use your tickets to obtain other FPs for rides.

It's a science and we usually get an "A" for our family of 4!! :rotfl:

thanks for the info about riding anytime all day after your first FP return time. I had heard that but it is nice to see somebody who has done it.

Many folks here have used this strategy. We've never had a problem with it either, and we use FP that way just about every time.

The time to come back and ride as shown is an hour for rides except for return times at the end of the park day when it could be less to match the park closing time.

The return time for shows is centered around a specific show time and as shown on your fast pass it could be a 15 minute window.

Disney hints: http://www.cockam.com/dispass.htm

According to Corey Sandler (author of some of the Econoguide books), and others, park closing time is the latest time you may join a ride line. Everyone already in line at that time gets to ride even for non-resort guests during extra magic hours.

Sorry to hijack your thread OP, but I have a similiar question regarding FP.
If you get a FP for an attraction at the very start of the day, what is the time printed on the FP?

In the first 5 minutes at RD, for MOST attractions (Toy Story is just always the outlier now), it should be in the 9:40-9:50 range, for riding and for getting another one.

At MK, the first FP return time at RD is often 10:05 (varying reports in the last month or so since Space is closed, I've seen others say theirs was 9:40-9:50 as posted above).

Are you saying - is your window of time always an hour long? Yes, it is.

I beg to differ. If your fastpass return window is within an hour of the park closing it may be less than an hour long. I haven't seen one recently, but in the past I recall getting one that was less than an hour long. Show passes can also be less.

As for how log eh resurn time is from when you get the pass - it varies greatly. FOR the most popular rides TSM - it can go from a return time of 9:30 am to a return time of 11am faster than you can get a fastpass. I think in particular with TSM, they are seriously limiting the number of fastpasses they give out.

If the standby wait time for the attraction is short - they may not turn the FP machines on at all, especially in the morning. When they turn them on the return times will be close to the current time - sometimes only a few minutes - this can also happen later in the day if the number of fastpasses being given out is low. Like I've seen this for Living with the Land and Maelstrom.

I beg to differ. If your fastpass return window is within an hour of the park closing it may be less than an hour long. I haven't seen one recently, but in the past I recall getting one that was less than an hour long. Show passes can also be less.

Yes someone already said that - I wasn't considering the very end of the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter