• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are ages 4 and 6 good, or is it better when they are older?

The only addition I can make is the magic at any age can be slightly less magical with crowds. If you want the Christmas magic, I would consider taking them earlier in the month of Dec. Either side of Dec. 25th within a week is crazy.

I won't get in a debate about taking kids out of school since that will sidetrack this thread in a second, but with a kid firmly placed in college with an outstanding HS gpa, taking him and his brother out of school (never in HS, but yes, before)was the best decision I made, especially for our cruises. The cost savings was huge, and I love the parks (both WDW and DL)when they are not so crowded.

My DD's first trip to Disneyland was just days after she turned 4. Whether she actually remembers it or just remembers from poring over the photos in her scrapbook doesn't matter to me. I still remember how in awe she was over this magical place. She is now 14 and we have been on some sort of Disney vacation 1-3 times a year since that 1st visit and she has already told me I can't do Disney without her even when she goes to college. :goodvibes

Just remember when you take younger kids to Disneyland it is more for the parents when it comes to memories, but the kids will love it. We have been taking my daughter since she was 3. The memories she has is from around 5 and and up, but Mom and Dad still remember the brown eyes opening up the first time she saw her favorite characters, take lots of pictures and start saving up for future visits, because they will want to ride the big boy rides eventually.

Our first trip, WDW, the kids were 3 and 5. 2nd, 4 and 6. Last year, DL, 5 and 7, this year, 6 and 8. This year was by far, the best year yet. NO STROLLER! More understanding of waiting for rides, coming back later, etc. I don't regret the earlier trips at all. I mean, you're at Disney! Can't go wrong. But this trip was most enjoyable. (until next year, lol)

My girls will be 4 and 6 when we go in a couple weeks....they were 3 and 5 last year when we went (WDW), and my DD6 went before when she was 3 and 18 mo (both WDW). I think its great at any age!

I LOVE Disneyland and want to book a vacation for our family. I am thinking that Christmas 2013 would be great! By then, our 2 boys would be 4 and 6. Is that a good time, or should we wait a year? I want to go all out and say at The Grand Californian concierge level and do 4 nights. That is going to be quite expensive so we can do 1 really good vacation. I want to get the most out of our stay, but don't want to wait too many years - you know? I know our 6 year old will love it, but what about a 4 year old? Is it better to take him at 5? Will it make that much of a difference, or would say having them be 6 and 8 be better? Thanks!

If this is a once in a lifetime trip, then I would say wait until 7 & 9, then they will be able to go on almost everything. If you plan to take them back a few years later, then go now and concentrate on the little kid stuff. We did this. In 2009 our kids were 4 & 6 (and DS4 was only 39.5 inches) and we had a fabulous time but did mainly little kid stuff (ie. no Star Tours, BTMRR, Splash or Space) but it was still magical and we had plenty to do. This year we went back and they were 7 & 9 and we again had a fabulous time and we did all the mountain rides multiple times, Star Tours plus many of the things we did last time like Fantasyland rides, went to Toontown, IASW, even Winnie the Pooh for old times sake.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter