Are AAA rates out for April?

keam

Earning My Ears
I booked two rooms at the CR (room only) for mid April through DU. This is the first time I have used a travel agent. I've always booked myself, but have heard on the boards how nice it is to let someone else stay on top of any discounts that may come available. With great difficulty, I supressed my urge to check for codes and placed my trust in a DU travel agent that was recommended frequently here.

I made the reservations in August. When she gave me the quote, she verified that the rate she gave me was not with AAA discount. She said that those discounts only come out a couple of months in advance. I have been reading this board and notice that many people already have AAA rates for dates well past mine.

I'm not sure what to think at this point. Can someone clarify for me if AAA disocunts are out for April yet.

Thanks.

AAA rates are out. I booked our room for dec. 2008 in dec. 2007 using an AAA rate.

Maybe she only checked once, no AAA rate was available for the resort and/or roomtype you wanted, and that was it? Didn't check again if a rate did come available?

The easiest way to be sure? Call disney and ask yourself for a AAA room only rate for 'enter resort you're staying at, dates and roomtype'. If it's there, they'll give you a much cheaper quote than you've got right now. At that moment you can do 3 things;

- don't take the ressie, mail DU and tell them you got quoted less and go get that rate
- take the ressie, then switch it to DU
- take the ressie and cancel the one you've got with DU and telling them why

I had the same thing happen to us for our 2006 trip. No AAA rates available according to the agent. Seemed odd to me, knowing friends got them after I booked and it still being 11 months out. So I called disney, and lo and behold; they quoted me a price more than $500,- less! That kinda p**d me off, as I also stressed to check for discounts and AAA rates. So I booked at WDTC and cancelled my ressie with DU, telling them I lost my trust in them to secure me a good discount as they didn't get me the AAA rate I was able to get myself later.

Call back or change agents. Today I booked for our May '08 trip and the WDW reservationist first said there were no AAA rates for the Poly. in May -- I asked her to check every single day of our stay, she put me on hold to speak with someone, came back, and tah dah, said we could get it for our entire stay. Unfortunately, I think she didn't know what she was doing, so just said the rate wasn't available. Wonder how many other people she helped this way before my call.

I've got a AAA rate for May already. I've already been checking AAA rates for August as well. You can use the AAA website to check for discounts. I usually check there for availability (I avoid TAs) and then call Disney to actually book.

We booked through an agent back in Sept for April 08 and got the AAA rate at the Wilderness Lodge. Other discounts may or may not come out a few months before, but the AAA rates have been out for a while. They are based on availability so I would call or have your agent call ASAP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter