Are 2 over the door hangers better than one??

mommykeg

DIS Veteran
Just wondering...since there are two bathroom doors in the cabin, has anyone used TWO of those over the door hangers?? Seems like two would contain more clutter and perhaps contain shoes as well. Also...which side of the door do you hang them on...facing inside to the bathroom, or outside to the cabin???

Hello,

We only used 1 over the door shoe organizer for two people and it was very convenient. You will hang it on the outside of the "shower bathroom" door facing your cabin. Hanging two (in out cat 9 room) would have been a problem because the other one on the "lavatory" door would get in the way of the stateroom door.

We found some cool over the door bags at LL Bean. Of course, probably more money, but we are going to give them a try!

One was plenty for the four of us. We put it on the outside of the shower door. We just used a cheap one and left it there - more room in out luggage on the way home.

Denae

There's a hook on the wall outside of the bathrooms (across from the small chest of drawers where the ice bucket and glasses are kept), and that's where we hung ours. Very convenient!

IMHO...

NO!

A deluxe cabin has enough storage space that you can easily get by without ANY over the door hangers. One would still be handy to organize all those small things you need access to frequently (camera, first aid kit, sun tan lotion), but there is room to put all this stuff in a deluxe room (just not as visible).

But if you have a standard inside cabin, an over the door hanger seems like a must (and then you only have one bathroom door to hang one over).

I saw some at walmart for $12.97. Does that seem about right? If not where did everyone else get theirs?

We've always used one on the cruise and at WDW. This cruise we're actually using two. One for all the little nickynacky items and one for shoes. DD and I are big-time into flip flops, so we'll use the other holder for shoes.
Got them yesterday at Walgreens for $7.99 a piece.

Wal-Mart has them for just over $5.00! I would not buy anything fancy because you'll probably just leave it there!::yes::

We too found one at Wal-Mart that was only about $5. It's the one that is all plastic and worked great.

Saw a clear one yesterday at Target for $5.97--but it seemed really big, it has 24 pockets (12 pair)--is this too big or is this what you all use? Let me know fast, I'd have to buy it tomorrow.
Robin M.

Robin--
24 pocket is the size we use. And we use two! One for small stuff and one for shoes. There are four of us and DD16 would probably pack 12 pairs of shoes herself if I didn't restrain her. Anyway -- 24 pockets is not that much if you are going to use it for shoes too -- for us that will take care of 3 pairs per person. The other one is for cameras, toiletries, stockings, etc. etc.

This will be our first trip, after reading these boards I decided to buy one for the trip we just took to Williamsburg VA. We stayed in a 1 bdrm condo with lots of space, but I have to say I loved the shoe holder. We kept a variety of things in it and my very messy group (always picking up after them) actually started to use it and put their own things away.

It will be something I take on all future trips...

Denise

We're a family of four and we use two over-the-door shoe organizers. We hang them up outside of our bathroom doors. They are definitely "must have" items to pack!!

We also take a couple of pop-up hampers too. Found everything at Bed, Bath & Beyond.

We had 4 people in a catagory 6 and for us it was a MUST HAVE....there was not enough counter space or shelf space for all the junk and it was so nicely organzied having it all in the over the door shoe holder. I would not ever not take one on our future cruises.

The Target $5.99 is the one I used and it had more than enough room for my family of 4. I don't see any need for 2 of them.

I did see some at dollar store, so you may even get a cheapo there but it wasn't clear.

The cabins actually had a lot of drawers so although the shoe hanger was handy, I coiuld have gotten by without it.

Another good thing is the hanging fabric cube shelves for the closet. I have seen them in Linens N' Things and Bed, Bath & Beyond. Although we were in a room with a lot of space, that type of hanger in the closet would have gone a long way to organizing a lot of clothes for the kids.
Kathy

We were in a Cat 11 and took some suction cup hooks that you can get at the dollar store 4 or 6 for $1.00. We put the hook on the tile over the commode and hung the shoe hanger on it. That way the "shoe" hanger ($1.00 also at the dollar store) was right by the sink.

We put one suction hook on the mirror by the door to hang our kttw lanyards on so we didn't clutter up the table and they were always convenient to the door. DH hung his hat on that one too.

Thanks for all the tips! I think two shoe holders will probably be best for the two of us. I also like the idea of the suction cups for the lanyands!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter