• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Archivers is in Chapter 11 Bankruptcy

clh2

<font color=green>I am the Pixie Stick NARC at my
I was REALLY saddened to see today that Archiver's has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy. This is a reorganizational bankruptcy.

I have 2-Archivers that are 90 miles away, and wish that there was one closer.

We don't get to Archivers all that often - it is just too far. But my DD and I have really enjoyed going and using their workroom. We are planning on May 18th - right after she gets home from college. (Been on the calendar since January!)

clh2 said:
I was REALLY saddened to see today that Archiver's has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy. This is a reorganizational bankruptcy.

I have 2-Archivers that are 90 miles away, and wish that there was one closer.

We don't get to Archivers all that often - it is just too far. But my DD and I have really enjoyed going and using their workroom. We are planning on May 18th - right after she gets home from college. (Been on the calendar since January!)

That's too bad. I've only been there twice and I love their stock.

oh wow...i had no clue. of course i only get there about once a year maybe. so, i'm a blonde, does this mean they aren't closing but restructuring?

According to their second email, they are restructuring.

I wish them the best. I love their stores, even if the closest one is about four hours away.

Other stores e.g Kmart came out of restructuring. I am by no means an expert, but I would expect that some of their stores that they view are underperforming, will close. Hopefully not the store near you..

I think they are going to do an analysis and close the underperforming stores. I know that they already closed a handful of stores, a couple in Texas and some in the midwest (Chicago area, maybe)? They are my hometown company, so I have been really supportive and hoping that they won't close any stores in my area. I love them all, and like knowing that anywhere I go in the city, I can find an Archivers fairly close and do some retail therapy!

However, I have been very, very tight with my scrapbooking dollars, lately, partly because I have so much and partly because I have no money. I don't know how "supportive" I can be in the next few months.

The one Archivers I visit in Fort Wayne, Indiana, closed in April. I am so sad! :sad2: The closest one is now 2 1/2 hours away! I don't go that way very much anymore as my girls are both done with college and live near home!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter