• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Archery @ FW?

Oh now, isn't THAT a great idea!!!

Maybe this is Disney's way of thinning out the deer & turkeys....or....stupid teenagers that drive by the pool at nite, jump in from a cart going 8MPH & think it's cool??? Geesh...talk about liability!

Wait'll I tell DH! He hasn't been bow hunting in a long time. Now's his chance!:rotfl:

Here are the pictures of the archery setup. It is right near the Bike Barn.

I caught them just as they were breaking it down.

100_0076.jpg

100_0075.jpg

100_0074.jpg

100_0077.jpg

Now I know why it's so hard to rent a cart. They aren't reserved.... they all have FLAT TIRES!!!:rotfl2:

i saw cm's taking a cart of crossbows to the bike barn the other day...scared me to death to know that they are letting tourists shoot things, and not inside a building like the arcade in frontierland!

tourists+crossbows=bad, bad, bad

Yeah...this sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen. Id happily take an arrow in the butt to get a piece of Disney!!!! Heck, my wife broke a kneecap for alot less than than what Disney would have to shell out for a horrible idea like this!!!

But seriously....this could actually be deadly on a worse case scenario.

But seriously....this could actually be deadly on a worse case scenario.

seriously rog............. I have seen unsupervised toddlers nearly fall into the campfire at the sing a long.........why fear supervised kids taking part in the sport of archery?????

seriously rog............. I have seen unsupervised toddlers nearly fall into the campfire at the sing a long.........why fear supervised kids taking part in the sport of archery?????

it is not the kids i worry about...now untrained adults that think they know it all and don't listen....that is scary

You're right......kids at least TRY to learn stuff as they are being taught....adults need no direction, theyve been asnswering tellephones and driving cars all their lives....an arrow cant be much differnt than a microwave, right?

They are not crossbows, they are compound bows. A cross bow fires like a gun. Compound bows are bows that appear to have more than one string.

As for 6 y/o's, compound bows come in different "weights". Pounds is basically what strength you need to pull the string back. They make child size ones.

As for banging up the inside of your arm, wear an arm guard and keep your elbow out of the way. ;) :lovestruc I only hit my elbow once and always remember to get it out of the way ever since. It doesn't help that I am double jointed, so I actually have to bend my elbow to get it out of the way.

Anyway, I would pay it for my kids and I to do it. The set up looks a little hodge podge to me though. I hope they still have it on our next trip.

From the pictures it looks like they are using Genesis compound bows. Much more beginner friendly. The do not have the let-off of a typical compound bow so do not require a full draw. Genesis makes a full size bow with an adjustable 10-20lb draw weight and a mini with a 6-12lb draw weight. Here are a couple of links:

http://genesisbow.com/genbow/

http://genesisbow.com/minigen/

Besides, they probably are considering the cost of liability, with all those 6-year-olds out there learning to deer hunt.

The violent and graphic video games played at the arcade are much more educational........:rolleyes:

Why do you prejudge archery to bow hunting........:confused3

Here are the pictures of the archery setup. It is right near the Bike Barn.

I caught them just as they were breaking it down.

Carol- Thanks for the photos- good work! :thumbsup2 I guess I was wrong about there not being an area near the Bike Barn for an archery range. Many years ago, I worked two summers at a Boy Scout camp. The archery range was a pretty elaborate set up.

TCD

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter