Aquaduct tips

Siliobear

Mouseketeer
Will soon be on Dream. Any tips for the best time (shortest wait) to ride the aquaduct? Upon arrival? Unfortunately we have excursions planned for both port days.

We rode it 4 times in a row before going ashore on a port day - no wait at all. It will depend on your excursion meet time whether you could do this before you meet up. Also, it seemed very quiet the couple of times we were on deck between finishing early dining and going to the show. We didn't ride then as were fully dressed, but may do next time if we have late dining and skip some shows we have already seen.

Just as an aside on our first 2 sea days, the aquaduck was 2 riders only or closed some of the time due to it being very windy.

we had the earliest arrival time at the port, and we were on the Aqua by 12:30... there was no line then. :)

I know at night there isnt much of a wait at times.

if you go early on sea days, the line isnt as bad as the afternoon. ( atleast it wasnt for us.)

If you're not interested in seeing the show that night, then that is the best time to ride! There is no line at all since half the ship is at dinner and the other half is at the show! Plus, it's pretty cool at night!

We rode easily as soon as we got on, had 11am arrival time I think. we also rode on the nassau day since we didn;t get off. And we went after dinner one night and swam and rode, that was good!

Kim

The waits can be 30 min or more. I do not stand in line if there are people all the way to bottom. Early am is a good time or when people are in port. And during the shows and after diner.

AquaDuck. :goodvibes

On the Fantasy, even on some busy sea days, it was possible to wait in a not-so-awful line of about 15 minutes. If you see no people outside of the stack, or just a few people at the top of the stairs, that's about how long you will wait.

Honestly we just avoid it during the day. We always have main dining. We are finished dinner usually in the 7:00-7:15 range. We head back to the room to chage and then head up. Usually the fist 4-5 rides are walk on with no wait. Starts to pick up a bit after that but even by 8 it was never more than 5 min.

We sailed on the dream last September '12. My daughter was so excited to ride on the aqua duck on the first day but the wait was 50 min! So we skipped it.

On our second day, the area was empty, approx 6pm when everyone was at dinner. My daughter & I took advantage and rode the aqua duck 11 times in a row!!! Zero wait. Took longer going up the the stairs ;p (I remember counting 62? steps) it's beautiful at night.

Needless to say she was so happy!

At the end of the Aquaduck do you splash down in a pool or in a small amount of water?? The reason I am asking is my daughter is not the best swimmer.....

First of all, it's Aqua Duck (as in Donald) :thumbsup2 We were just on a 7 night cruise on the Fantasy. DS rode the Aqua Duck as soon as we boarded. Really, people shouldn't fret so much about the line. You won't have a problem waiting very long and will get to ride regardless if you are on a 4 night or 7 night cruise. The first day the line was the longest, then it tapers off. I went with DS during a busy time, and waited in line maybe 20 min. It didn't seem like a long wait to us. For the poster that was wondering if you end up in a pool, no, you don't. You are on a raft and the water isn't deep at all. After you stop at the end you step out of your raft, as graceful as you can, lol!!:rotfl2:

crichardson11 said:
Does anybody know the height / age restrictions?

Pretty sure I read the height requirement is 42" to ride with an adult. I don't remember what it is to ride solo.

To ride with a partner you have to be at least 42 inches. There was not an age requirement. They are very strict about this. My DD must have been 41.99 inches. The bar was touching the top of her head, but they said if you can stand under the bar, you are too short. I tried saying that her head was meeting the line, but the CM said there were 2 cameras watching him and he had to go by those rules. She was very sad, but I know they are just trying to keep everyone safe. To ride by yourself, I'm pretty sure you have to be 54 inches, I'm not 100% on that though.

AdaraRae said:
Pretty sure I read the height requirement is 42" to ride with an adult. I don't remember what it is to ride solo.

So there's no way that my 3 year old is going to be able to ride with me. Bummer. She loved the 3 story body slides by herself at the Wisconsin Dells a few months ago.

Lisavince3 said:
To ride with a partner you have to be at least 42 inches. There was not an age requirement. They are very strict about this. My DD must have been 41.99 inches. The bar was touching the top of her head, but they said if you can stand under the bar, you are too short. I tried saying that her head was meeting the line, but the CM said there were 2 cameras watching him and he had to go by those rules. She was very sad, but I know they are just trying to keep everyone safe. To ride by yourself, I'm pretty sure you have to be 54 inches, I'm not 100% on that though.

We rode the Duck last August on the Dream. At home my dd was exactly 42". When we got to the measuring gizmo, she was under it. The mom beside me told me to go get her water shoes on and bingo, she gets to ride. Worked like a charm. I think that measuring stick is a tad off, for safety sake. I get it. My kid would have just about died if she couldn't ride it!!! She did, multiple times. With her water shoes on!!!

My older dd was over the 54" mark and could ride by herself. However, she is a total lightweight and got STUCK in the ride. No fun for her!!!! They had to shut the ride down to get her out. Oy. We rode together from then on! LOL

Older people , should be careful ! I fractured several ribs on my left side.
Any cough or sneeze was an awful pain! Took about 7 weeks to heal. :scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter