• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Aquaduck upon embarking

miatamel

DIS Veteran
We leave tomorrow....though we usually head straight to lunch, we thought we might try Aquaduck instead of food the minute we get on Sunday.

Is it open during embarking? Is it a good idea to try it while everyone else is still, perhaps, boarding and eating?

We leave tomorrow....though we usually head straight to lunch, we thought we might try Aquaduck instead of food the minute we get on Sunday.

Is it open during embarking? Is it a good idea to try it while everyone else is still, perhaps, boarding and eating?

DW & I went that route on our most recent cruise. Wore our swimstuff to port and went straight up to Deck 12 after boarding. We were each able to get two rides in before it backed up too much, and it opened pretty soon after boarding (we were in boarding group 3, so by the time it got to some of the later numbers, it might have been open already). Since rooms aren't available upon boarding, we needed to take turns standing in line so one of us could watch over our cary-on stuff. It was one of the best ideas we had. That, and we also spen Castaway Cay day on the ship playing around while most others were on the island. We were able to get quite a few rides in then as well, pretty much back to back.

We just returned from the Dream, and it opened around noon on embarkation day. I just checked the navigator from that day, and it says 12-3. It wasn't too crowded - probably a 15 minute wait.

We came back to the ship early from CC -- at around 1 p.m. and my daughter went straight to the Aquaduck. Why not, already in swim gear. She rode it twice in a matter of 25 minutes. Hardly any line at all.

On our March cruise I think EVERYONE had this idea! We were in concierge and boarded immediately (had swim suits on) and went to the Aquaduck immediately. The wait was still 1/2 hr and was more by 1:30. It tapered off quite a bit every evening (seemed like the best time actually)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter