Aquaduck during Sail Away?

cashe

DIS Veteran
I'm so tired so I apologize if this is an easy search and I failed to find it, but is the Aquaduck open during the Sail Away party? Would you say it's a shorter line during that time? Thanks!

I'm so tired so I apologize if this is an easy search and I failed to find it, but is the Aquaduck open during the Sail Away party? Would you say it's a shorter line during that time? Thanks!
This picture was taken during the sail away party (note people lining the rails to watch) and the AquaDuck is running:
aquaduck dream 2014 14186 P1020403 1500.jpg

Sometimes the line is less. During the sail away party I found on the Dream, there was a bigger line than the Fantasy...maybe because on shorter cruises people were trying to get in everything. But i am sure it varies.

You guys and gals NEVER fail me! Thank you!! (Thanks PrincessShmoo for the picture!!!)

Since the sailaway party is so soon after getting onboard, and many people are still waiting for bags to arrive in staterooms/exploring the ship, I don't think the pool area and Aquaduck is as crowded as, say, your first sea day. For this reason, we totally packed all our swimwear in our carryons with the intention of hitting the pools right away, but we also got caught up in all the other happenings on the ship- so I would think swimming immediately is not on everyone's minds. I am sure it varies cruise to cruise, but doubt there are tons of people in line for the most part.

FWIW a long line is about an hour or more, which is what we encountered on our first sea day. Later at night and on days at port we found it to be 5 mins or less.

Since the sailaway party is so soon after getting onboard, and many people are still waiting for bags to arrive in staterooms/exploring the ship, I don't think the pool area and Aquaduck is as crowded as, say, your first sea day. For this reason, we totally packed all our swimwear in our carryons with the intention of hitting the pools right away, but we also got caught up in all the other happenings on the ship- so I would think swimming immediately is not on everyone's minds. I am sure it varies cruise to cruise, but doubt there are tons of people in line for the most part.

FWIW a long line is about an hour or more, which is what we encountered on our first sea day. Later at night and on days at port we found it to be 5 mins or less.
What time does it normally close?

I just checked some navigators from previous cruises and it looks like it closed any where from 10pm to midnight.

Yeah, it stays open fairly late. I took my 5 year old at like 9:30 pm on Sunday after watching the show because she was wide awake- it was our first full day on the ship and she'd been dying to ride but the wait times were so long. At that time of night we just went on it over and over.

While it is open, just be careful...to be careful...on the AquaDuck during the party. On our last cruise, some unfortunately lady was riding it during the Sailing Away party...or should I say it was riding her. She came around the bend with her raft on top of her. I'm sure she was thrilled that there were, oh, at least a thousand people watching her absolutely fail in her attempt to enjoy a nice leisurely ride through the slide. Still not quite sure how one ends up off the raft on the AquaDuck, but either way, you'd rather not be the subject of a thousand people pointing at you - ha!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter