Aquacars!

choppee

A True Louisiana Creole!
I'm interested in knowing if anyone can give me some information about the Aquacars in DTD. They look like a really fun experience for the family to do on a non park day while we're vacationing....anyone have any information or can tell me where to find some? Thanks in advance!

These are right outside the new restaurant The Boathouse at DTD.
The following is from the Boathouse.com site and pricing is noted.

"Enter the water with a splash to experience the thrill of a 20-minute Captain’s guided tour of the landmarks of Downtown Disney, aboard one of The BOATHOUSE’s rare Amphicars that drive on land and float in the water! The BOATHOUSE’s fleet of nine Amphicars were purchased from private collections worldwide. Only 3,878 of these unique vehicles were produced during the 1960’s (1961 to 1968) and The BOATHOUSE offers you the exciting opportunity to take the ride of a lifetime in a completely restored Amphicar. The BOATHOUSE is the only place in the world to have the opportunity to ride in these vintage vehicles.

Tours are offered hourly (weather permitting) from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.

Each Amphicar seats up to three guests (three adults or two adults and two small children).

$125 per car

You can make arrangements by stopping The Ship’s Store (adjacent to The BOATHOUSE) or call 407-WDW-BOAT (407-939-2628) to reserve your tour."

Yes, they are actually guided by Captains as noted in the description above. :)

Awesome! Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, we may not be able to do this though--we are a family of 5. :(

I observed this attraction during my July visit, and am considering trying it next year.

If someone reading has actually ridden an amphicar, I'd be interested in your thoughts:

Was it worth the money? Other than the shape of the vehicle, was it any different than a regular boat ride? Is it more scenic during the day, or after dark? Do you have any pictures from your ride, that you'd like to show us? During the ride, do they play any music? Is there a live or recorded narration of some kind?

We did it in July it was super fun. During our first 'trip' it rained. It was great. When we returned to the dock, we went inside to see our pictures. We had Memory Maker. Only two pictures were taken. The manger sent us back out into the lake. He made sure we had all of our pictures the second round. The price was $125/25 minutes(before discount). You can use your AP for a discount.

We did it in July it was super fun. During our first 'trip' it rained. It was great. When we returned to the dock, we went inside to see our pictures. We had Memory Maker. Only two pictures were taken. The manger sent us back out into the lake. He made sure we had all of our pictures the second round. The price was $125/25 minutes(before discount). You can use your AP for a discount.
I wish they would take reservations. We want to do this in December and am worried it will be very busy. Were the wait times long in July?

I wish they would take reservations. We want to do this in December and am worried it will be very busy. Were the wait times long in July?

HI. There were small lines for this in July. One or two parties ahead of us. By the time we decided to do this excursion, went inside to pay, we were next to go. We did do this late morning/early afternoon on arrival day. There were a bunch a people standing around watching though.

Attachments

• DOWNTOWN_BOATHOUSE_7391664325.jpeg
    DOWNTOWN_BOATHOUSE_7391664325.jpeg
    170.9 KB · Views: 4
  • DOWNTOWN_BOATHOUSE_7391708477.jpeg
    DOWNTOWN_BOATHOUSE_7391708477.jpeg
    144.5 KB · Views: 4
HI. There were small lines for this in July. One or two parties ahead of us. By the time we decided to do this excursion, went inside to pay, we were next to go. We did do this late morning/early afternoon on arrival day. There were a bunch a people standing around watching though.
Thanks, hope it's like that in December!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter