Aqua Duck question for past cruisers...

pixie*duster

Mouseketeer
Is the Aqua Duck operational when you first board the ship? I know in the past I have brought the kids straight up to the pool deck for first shot at the pools before they get crowded, but didn't know if the Aqua Duck would be "open" during boarding or not...

Yup! My kids rode it 3 times before heading the lunch. The line didn't get long until around 1 pm or so...and even then, it was only 20-25 minutes.

We just got off Dream yesterday -- yes, it's open when you get on, although it may open closer to noon (we were lucky enough to get on before noon -- yay Disney ground transfers!). So we waited 10-15 mins for it to open but then no lines. HTH!

I was tickled pink with how well my research and planning paid off this cruise (March 18 Dream) vs last year (same time frame). A little knlwedge goes a long way. Here was our plan, and how it turned out.

- our carry-ons were packed as lightly as possible, with bathing suits and goggles right at the top. In fact, I meant to tell my 13 year old AquaDuck fan to wear his trunks for the drive to the port!

- Were pleased to have an 11:00-11:30 port arrival. We arrived on time, were processed quickly, received boarding #4 and basically proceeded to the ship as soon as we made our way towards "the ears" (entry).

- we bypassed the picture taking as we do not generally buy pictures...and we figured there would be lots of other opportunities. We were on a mission!

- We were welcomed warmly, listened patiently to the CM who told us about going to Cabanas etc...and then completely ignored her instructions.

- we dashed to the elevator, straight up to Deck 11, made a minor miscue on washroom selection for changing (added a few steps) as my DH and DS went off to change.

- By 11:50, they were second in line for the AquaDuck and it opened a few minutes after they hit the line. In those few minutes, the line did grow, but it was totally manageable (and got longer because no one was riding yet). They were held on deck, rather than waiting on the stairs.

- by 12:30, our entire party was seated in Enchanted Garden, contemplating a lovely buffet lunch and all AquaDuck riders had had enough rides - for now. Minutes later, my kids were tucking into roast beef, lamb and shrimp...mmmm..., the server was cutting up the meat for the kids...he came back to do amazing magic tricks...ah, yes...we were off to a good start.

If this is your first cruise on the Dream, take a peek at the deck plan so you'll be familiar. It's a bit intimidating at first.

Have fun!

That's is my plan exactly, hit the aquaduck first thing then go to lunch at Enchanted Garden We are coiming on DCL bus from the airport and hope to have a very early boarding #.

I was tickled pink with how well my research and planning paid off this cruise (March 18 Dream) vs last year (same time frame). A little knlwedge goes a long way. Here was our plan, and how it turned out.

- our carry-ons were packed as lightly as possible, with bathing suits and goggles right at the top. In fact, I meant to tell my 13 year old AquaDuck fan to wear his trunks for the drive to the port!

- Were pleased to have an 11:00-11:30 port arrival. We arrived on time, were processed quickly, received boarding #4 and basically proceeded to the ship as soon as we made our way towards "the ears" (entry).

- we bypassed the picture taking as we do not generally buy pictures...and we figured there would be lots of other opportunities. We were on a mission!

- We were welcomed warmly, listened patiently to the CM who told us about going to Cabanas etc...and then completely ignored her instructions.

- we dashed to the elevator, straight up to Deck 11, made a minor miscue on washroom selection for changing (added a few steps) as my DH and DS went off to change.

- By 11:50, they were second in line for the AquaDuck and it opened a few minutes after they hit the line. In those few minutes, the line did grow, but it was totally manageable (and got longer because no one was riding yet). They were held on deck, rather than waiting on the stairs.

- by 12:30, our entire party was seated in Enchanted Garden, contemplating a lovely buffet lunch and all AquaDuck riders had had enough rides - for now. Minutes later, my kids were tucking into roast beef, lamb and shrimp...mmmm..., the server was cutting up the meat for the kids...he came back to do amazing magic tricks...ah, yes...we were off to a good start.

If this is your first cruise on the Dream, take a peek at the deck plan so you'll be familiar. It's a bit intimidating at first.

Have fun!

The perfect plan! Love all the "inside" info the Dis boards provide!!

:thumbsup2

We like twinmum had a 11am boarding time and we got #6. We headed up to aquaduck and we were the first on the ship near the pools. Everyone was heading to Cabanas. With a 2nd dining we headed to the aquaduck, do to the high winds we had about a 20 minute wait for it to open and me and my DS were the first on it. It hardly got busy until we headed for lunch around 2pm. The whole cruise it was never that busy and the kids waited at the most 10 minutes. Everyone else was having there kids swim in there street clothes because I guess they didn't know that the aquaduck would be open.We were told the boat was full with 2200 kids during our cruise too. We are booked again for next year same time and we will be doing the same thing:thumbsup2:woohoo::woohoo:

I think it depends on how many people have the same idea. We were on the March 27 double dip 5 day dream. The posted wait time at 1150AM was 30 minutes (and I don't think it wasn't even open yet), and at noon was 60 minutes. Deck 11 was packed with nary an open lounge chair to be found.

I think that we happened to be on a cruise with a lot of type A extreme planners (ie disboards members ;)). Perhaps the double dip cruises attract that subset of cruisers.

The terminal was absolutely packed at 1115AM-1130AM. Everyone was on a mission!

We boarded the Fantasy around noon on 4/7 and headed straight for Deck 11. Our kids changed into bathing suits and took a few rides on the AquaDuck. We ate lunch at Flo's 8 Cafe right there on Deck 11. During the week, the lines were very short around 5pm when folks were getting ready for the shows or for dinner. In the evenings, when the AquaDuck is all lit up and looking fabulous, is another great time to ride!!!

Great info! Our kids will wear their swimsuits to board the ship but where will we adults change. TIA!

We were on the Dream last year and remember the Aquaduck wasn't busy at night either- they opened to 11 or 12a if I remember correctly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter