AP's Not out yet

I do have a standard room with a request for a garden view. Why would that nice man tell me that I was saving $200? Hmmm. He specifically said that room went for $200 more without the discount. I know we paid over $400 once but we may have had a partial view of the water. I refuse to look at the downside of cutbacks, etc. regarding my upcoming trip. I could just walk the grounds of WDW for a week and need nothing else to make me feel great. I can't imagine a world without WDW, at least not mine, and owning our own business I know that sometimes you just have to do what you have to do to get through rough times. Stockholders are screaming, airlines are going bankrupt and attendance is down. If the crowds pick up I believe they will lengthen hours and add events and if the crowds are down they will cut room rates. I still believe we'll see an AP discount coming but maybe limited to certain hotels. Maybe I'll get my $200 off after all.

I just saw on the intercot boards that Disney will be offering big upgrade discounts to those people displaced by POFQ closing. That maybe why they are not offering AP rates.

Disney could save their cm's alot of phone calls if they would just come out and say what they are doing. If they are not offering AP rates, then say there will be no AP rates for xx/xx to xx/xx instead of people calling constantly.

As one of the displaced POFQ guests, I can tell you that as of this morning, discounts aren't happening for us. That is straight from the mouth of the Disney relocation people. All they are offereing is moderate-to-moderate transfers, at the same price. Not nice at all for someone who planned their trip around staying at a SMALL moderate, when all the others are so much more sprawling. It's bait and switch, if you ask me.

Now I'm really, really looking for those AP rates!

I just saw on the intercot boards that Disney will be offering big upgrade discounts to those people displaced by POFQ closing. That maybe why they are not offering AP rates.

When they closed the CBR last year they still put out AP rates for the same time period.

It's true that some reported being offered to switch to a deluxe for a small upgrade fee, but for the most part it was a moderate to moderate switch. As I recall, a vast majority of deluxe upgrades were to AKL. I wish I knew why AP's aren't out, but I don't think closing POFQ is the reason. The CBR is much larger and the AP rates were still offered.

They did the same thing when they closed CBR last year. At first they said no discounts and then they came back with upgrade discounts. According to a travel agent on the intercot board (intercot's official travel agent), a move to WL or AKL are $10 more a night, and the BC, BWI, and Poly are $30 more a night, subject to availability. Makes me wish I would have made the POFQ reservation I was thinking of for our first 2 nights instead of going with the DVC rate at OKW so we wouldn't have to move.

http://www.intercot.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=003752

life.gif

Okay, now I think I've been working too much! POFQ is closing? Is this a cost saving measure like after 9/11?

I better go read the resorts board again!
hello.gif

:sunny::bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :sunny:

As much as I stay on these boards, I had no idea it was closing either!!

Just wondering if anyone has checked with CRO today to see if the AP discounts are out yet? I called on Friday morning but I remember the scuttlebut last week was they probably would come out on a Sunday or Monday morning. Maybe they are waiting for the dust from the POFQ relocations to settle down to see where they are at.

I'm beginning to wonder if anyone knows anything around there!! :D

Called this morning (sunday) and still nothing for AP.
Ive booked under AEA but I hoping for something after the 26 April - the end date of the current codes.

Just called at 8:30 central time. None yet. She said she couldn't believe they were not out yet, and so did the one I talked to last night. I finally made our ressies for the last of July. She said just keep calling. The best time to catch new codes and ap rates is in the beginning of their work week, which she said was Sunday.

Thanks guys for keeping on this. I'm wondering now how the PO closing is going to effect our AP discounts. I have this awful feeling we won't be getting any AP discounts this yr.

Others opinions?

:confused:

Originally posted by sneezy1956
I have this awful feeling we won't be getting any AP discounts this yr.

Others opinions?

I doubt we will see AP rates again. I think they are tired of so many people calling changing their reservations over and over every time a slightly cheaper code/AP rate comes out. They're probably also tired of hundreds people checking on AP rate status daily. It looks like they are trying to make all codes the same rate and do away with AP discounts.

I just wish that if they were no longer having the AP discounts, they would make some kind of announcement.

:(

I'm still optomistic :). With Easter being later this year I think it's possible that AP rates will be released and available in early May through summer. After all, there were AP rates during peak season this year (March) that weren't available before. Hopefully CRO isn't getting bombarded with phone calls as we have this great thread going so only one of us needs to call :). I just keep checking this thread and Mousesavers. That's just MHO.

I'd hate to think they've removed AP rates all together although it totally understandable. Disney is doing any and every thing to get people to the parks not just AP holders.

However, with the demise of DC, codes and AP rates are my only alternatives for cheap rates at WDW. The Visa option is not applicable to international visitors, which is considerable if you take into account the number South American, British and Asian tours groups which pass through WDW.

I hope they come out soon but Im going none the less.

Disney already offers a variety of "deals" for international visitors, one of the better ones being the "at par" rates for Canadian visitors. Most Latin Americans book packages through travel agents, so there are no AP rates or codes that they use anyhow.

I think the number of international guests who would be affected by the demise of AP rates is miniscule.

Anne

Ducklite, I haven't seen any discounts for Canadians since last fall. Where did you see this kind of deal?

The CM was very nice. Since we changed our August plans from WDW to Yellowstone, I was calling about Thanksgiving week, and asked for a AAA rate - no problem. Then I mentioned that I wished there was an AP rate. He said that when those rates come out to just call back and they would give me a further discount. Given he isn't management, but at least it gives me some hope that AP rates aren't completely out of the question.

Just have to keep faith...

Originally posted by gepetto
I doubt we will see AP rates again. I think they are tired of so many people calling changing their reservations over and over every time a slightly cheaper code/AP rate comes out. They're probably also tired of hundreds people checking on AP rate status daily. It looks like they are trying to make all codes the same rate and do away with AP discounts.

I just wish that if they were no longer having the AP discounts, they would make some kind of announcement.

:(

I totally agree with gepetto. Way too many people hold rooms at rack rate waiting for APs to come out. Therefore it looks like people are willing to pay for rack. Why give discounts if everyone is paying full price?
I simply wait until I hear of a deal or a code and then I book. Makes it much more fun not knowing which resort I will get a deal on. I don't like holding rooms that I'm not sure I'm going to keep. I don't blame CRO for potentially eliminating them.
I do have a 2002/2003 annual pass and in the guide book it says, "2002 benefits expire 2003" It also says, "Special passholder rates MAY be offered seasonally at selected Walt Disney World Resort hotels and selected Disney Vacation Club resorts. See Your Mickey Monitor for specific offers." There is no guarantee of a definite resort discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter