APs are coming

I'm looking at the AP price vs. an 8 day park hopper. That is our trip next May. If it is less than or around that amount we'll take the plunge again.
Yep, that what we did in February when our DVC Gold APs were coming up for renewal in March. The renewal was only $20 more than one 7 day hopper, and we were pretty sure we’d take more than one 7 day trip over the year. I know many people on this thread are looking at buying new, though, rather than a discounted renewal, so the math is different for them.

I'm stuck entirely. We are going from 12/17-01/02 and with 10 days being the max you can buy, the price of a 10 day + a 6 day is $1500 at Christmas. Thinking about just buying the 10 day, so I can make park reservations, but it would sure be nice to know when I could plan on converting those.

Stalking park res availability for early Nov while waiting for AP announcement! Hesitating to buy regular tickets in case we can’t upgrade. Still mad after having AP’s forever, and not renewing Nov ‘19 , so not eligible for new pass. Lol- i know there are bigger problems out there. Just venting.

Stalking park res availability for early Nov while waiting for AP announcement! Hesitating to buy regular tickets in case we can’t upgrade. Still mad after having AP’s forever, and not renewing Nov ‘19 , so not eligible for new pass. Lol- i know there are bigger problems out there. Just venting.

Me too! We are going in October to WDW. It’s worth noting that at DL, I was told I can’t upgrade used park tickets as part of a Magic Key pass. That’s what makes me nervous to buy in advance.

And I don’t know if I’ll go all 5 days without an AP. We may do a couple park days, a couple of resort days, and Boo Bash (we already have tickets for BB).

Me too! We are going in October to WDW. It’s worth noting that at DL, I was told I can’t upgrade used park tickets as part of a Magic Key pass. That’s what makes me nervous to buy in advance.

And I don’t know if I’ll go all 5 days without an AP. We may do a couple park days, a couple of resort days, and Boo Bash (we already have tickets for BB).

Could they have meant completely used? Meaning once you used up the last day, you can’t go back after that and have the value applied.

It always had to be done prior to the last day.

Well, I am living on the edge, we go on the 29th and I haven't bought tickets yet:snail::snail::snail:

Still hoping that they make an announcement and APs are back anytime by Sept 3 at around noon! hahaha

(I know I can just buy my tickets and upgrade at the parks if they become available while we are there. I am just rebelling (in my own head.)

Could they have meant completely used? Meaning once you used up the last day, you can’t go back after that and have the value applied.

It always had to be done prior to the last day.

I don’t know - I called on the first day of a two day trip, and the Magic Key was going to go into affect in a couple weeks. In that sense, it’s consistent with what you describe.

But for my 5 day trip in October, I won’t necessarily go 5 days without an IP. I may go two or three. I’m hoping it gets done quickly because I’m not even sure which days we’d go. I’d like to book all 5 days with an AP.

Well, I am living on the edge, we go on the 29th and I haven't bought tickets yet:snail::snail::snail:

Still hoping that they make an announcement and APs are back anytime by Sept 3 at around noon! hahaha

(I know I can just buy my tickets and upgrade at the parks if they become available while we are there. I am just rebelling (in my own head.)
I understand! We go in December and I’ve been holding out. I have seen (in various other forums) that an announcement will occur by the end of August - but I have no idea if that information is accurate. I’ve decided to wait until then before purchasing tickets and hoping to upgrade.

They've got to announce today. It's ridiculous they delayed this so long with just days to figure all this out with the 50th reservations. I'm not letting points go into holding and here I am watching everyone else leave for the ball.

I bet people are already shaving the front of 50th trips.

No way I'm booking tickets and chancing I can maybe convert in a system that may or may not exist anymore. I'll just cancel. Again.

Last edited:
I don’t know - I called on the first day of a two day trip, and the Magic Key was going to go into affect in a couple weeks. In that sense, it’s consistent with what you describe.

But for my 5 day trip in October, I won’t necessarily go 5 days without an IP. I may go two or three. I’m hoping it gets done quickly because I’m not even sure which days we’d go. I’d like to book all 5 days with an AP.

They have said by October 1st they will be on sale so I think you should be fine with your ticket then.

I upgraded to my AP renewal with a ticket not used on my first day in January.

I can’t imagine them not allowing upgrades while you still have an active ticket.

We just got our replacement passes today - called May 24, never got a call back & had to follow up. Figure there will be a price increase so might as well get them sorted. I know the 2030 expiry didn't always mean much on previous passes, but these ones say 2099. We shall see...

They have said by October 1st they will be on sale so I think you should be fine with your ticket then.

I upgraded to my AP renewal with a ticket not used on my first day in January.

I can’t imagine them not allowing upgrades while you still have an active ticket.

Our trip next month will be 9/23-10/8, so I'm relieved that we'll be able to upgrade our 10-day tickets to APs sometime during our stay. We have another one booked for February though for which I haven't made park reservations for yet, so I'm a little annoyed that I'll likely have to do that while on vacation but it is what it is and a minor inconvenience I suppose. I'm so sorry for those that are in a worse predicament and keep having to reschedule or have points in holding. 😟

I am super bummed they have announced anything yet...

We were hoping to convert our July trip tickets to AP's and that didn't happen. Ugh the wait has sucked.

i feel like it’s very unfair that they are allowing such little notice/details between the announcement and the implementation. Disney isn’t concerned with keeping fans informed. Even the WDW AP return was a footnote in the Magic Key announcement.

Nothing. Surprise, Surprise, surprise.
Oh well. Would love to know what the future holds for us but I just don’t want to plan till I know what AP’s will exactly be and when we can stop making park reservations for parks that are being run at normal capacity.

Nothing. Surprise, Surprise, surprise.
Oh well. Would love to know what the future holds for us but I just don’t want to plan till I know what AP’s will exactly be and when we can stop making park reservations for parks that are being run at normal capacity.

All indications are the park reservation system is here to stay, even when back to normal capacity.

I have read they have wanted it and plan to use it to help with staffing, etc. based on crowds.

Since it was mentioned we’d hear by end of August, I hope we know by Tuesday at least the info,

Since it was mentioned we’d hear by end of August, I hope we know by Tuesday at least the info,
Same here. I really thought this would be the week that the information would be released, alas it wasn't. When they said "later this month", they really meant it...as in the Absolute.Very.Last.Day(s).Of.The.Month. I don't expect any announcements over the weekend nor after 2:00 EST on weekdays. Don't know why those are my cutoffs, except it just seems likely in my head.

Every day that passes with no news, I just have to remind myself that at least we know something is coming, which is better than being in the dark.

I honestly expected something yesterday. Now I'm not sure they'll announce before the end of next week. If they've got it all figured out, what's the delay? Guessing there's still tweaking going on after the Genie announcement kerfuffle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter