APs and DDP

GoofyGirl1717

Mouseketeer
I think I am truly going crazy :rotfl: too many choices!!!! So here is yet another. Is it possible to purchase the DDP if you are an AP holder?

Anyone staying onsite can purchase DDP if they purchase a package reservation (the only exceptions are DVC members booking through Member Services, they can add DDP to a reservation without booking it as a package - there aren't any DVC packages).

However, there's also a ticketless package option for annual passholders. You still have to book a package ($200 minimum deposit unless the entire cost is less than $200, payment in full due 45 days out, change and cancellation fees apply within 45 days) but you can get it without tickets. You can even apply an annual passholder room discount to your ticketless package. You must present one adult annual pass at check-in.

If you are looking to book the free dining promotion, that can't be applied to a ticketless package. Anyone booking the free dining promotion must purchase at least 2 day park tickets.

If it's not during the Free Dining Promotion, can you add the dining for your entire party without purchasing additional tickets - even if they're not all passholders?? For example, if I'm a passholder and book a ticketless package for myself and my parents (who won't spend any time in the parks), can I still add the dining plan for all three of us?

you can book during free dining, you just don't get free dining unless you also buy tickets for everyone.

But, if you're booking with an AP discount on the ticket-less room package then yes you can add dining for everyone staying in the room-- even those who are not annual passholders.

One thing to note--you cannot book a separate room for your parents and get the AP discount for that room...has to be an annual passholder in each room you book with the discount. (We tried to book a separate room for son last year, didn't work.)

It has also been my experience that they don't offer the AP package at all times, and that there must be limited rooms associated with it, b/c it wasn't always available for us to purchase with the resort/room type we wanted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter