• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

April Vacation, Is it too crowded to enjoy?

michelleiada

DIS Veteran
We are planning for May 2011 but may be forced to change to the week of April vacation (third week) because of school. I have never been during this time. Is it too busy? Is it worth it?:confused3

I've been that week in the past and I will be there that week again in 2010. One thing to keep in mind is that while it seems that all of Massachusetts does go to WDW, it's not a HUGE vacation week unless it falls Easter Week. For example 2010, Easter is April 4. Mass April school vacation week is April 18.

Must be a lot of the northeast has their vacations that week. We are going down too. We are from Buffalo.

Going in April would be too busy for me. When my kids were in school, if we went to WDW, we did go during April, but now that they are grown, and I can basically go any time of the year I want, I wouldn't choose April.

But if April is the time your kids are out of school, and you can go.....then GO!! Just try to make the best of it, and have a grand time!!

We are planning for May 2011 but may be forced to change to the week of April vacation (third week) because of school. I have never been during this time. Is it too busy? Is it worth it?:confused3

Easter is April 24th in 2011. 3rd week.
Thus you can't really rely on past couple of years attendance to judge becuase Easter was much earlier.

So yes it will be packed!

The weather is beautiful in April and though it's crowded, it's not out of control. We go frequently during the April northeast vacation week due to my job and have always enjoyed our trips. Though there are lines, the waits aren't usually too bad. It's a walk in the park compared to going in the summer months because not only do you have the overcrowding, but you have the heat & humidity to deal with as well.

I just realized you are looking to go 2011...I was thinking 2010. I take back what I said. With Easter falling that week it will probably be crazy.

We have gone several times after Easter - its our favorite time of year. Warm, less crowds (than summer and spring break) and good rates.

We are also planning our next visit in April. :cool1: We have never been that time of the year. How does it compare to Thanksgiving week?

if the week you are sonsidering is the week before or after Easter expect big crowds...but that being said it is very doable....

we were there this year at Easter - rode everything with fast pass or early morning - never waited more than 20 minutes....didn't get to go on rides more than once usually in the same day - but were plenty busy....

just plan accordingly - make ADR's early

MK closes twice while we were in the park and we didn't even notice it...

the busiest place we were bothered was the bridge from fronreirland to splash mountain - bottleneck most of the time - just use the pathway by the water - much easier.....

We always go during April vacation because of school. The only year it was really crazy was the year vacation week was also Easter week. As princess lovers mom stated - busy but doable.

Easter is April 24th in 2011. 3rd week.
Thus you can't really rely on past couple of years attendance to judge becuase Easter was much earlier.

So yes it will be packed!
:thumbsup2

Sounds like April vacation week in 2011 will coincide with Easter week, in that case, yes! It will be mobbed!:scared1:
I think the PP's who were saying it won't be bad were thinking 2010 (like I was until I re-read your post). 2010 should be moderate because Easter is earlier.

We were looking at coming across the 7th May 2011 but with easter being the last week in April i'm wondering whether we should put back a week?

We went the week before Easter (I hear that the week after is the same). The crowds at Disney were large but totally manageable. The nightmare was the actual travel. The airlines are all overbooked by 50 people, so the stressed agents dont care how they treat you because your seat will be filled and with less headache to them if you bail out. If we got during that time of year again, we'll make the 16 hour drive.

We love Easter week at WDW. It is bisy but totally managable and it is great weather. We went Easter week last year and are going again this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter