April question...

Mommyof2

Mouseketeer
We are planning to take our very first Disney cruise this coming April (a 7 night Eastern Caribbean). The problem is that our DD's pre-school doesn't mail out the school calander until mid August, and we have no clue when the school is closed for spring break. We don't want to take her out since she will be missing a week in Oct for her very first WDW trip with MNSSHP. :banana: Does anyone who lives in the NY/NJ/CT area know when spring break is this year, since I find that all area schools are pretty much the same. Thanks!
Christine

I can't help you with dates, but as a parent of a previous preschooler who missed a few weeks of school because of vacations, don't fret about it if she misses another week - preschool is mostly for socialization and they pick up the alphabet and numbers here and there, she'll get a lot of socialization practice while on a cruise :cool1:

I also wouldn't worry about her missing too much preschool. Do this now while it is less of an intrusion on her school work. She will get more out of the time you spend as a family on the cruise than she would in school that week. :)

I agree -- skip preschool and enjoy a week OTHER than spring break when the ship will be full and prices high.

One of the joys during my kids' elementary years was taking the first week in November for a vacation, as our school system has a M-Tu holiday that week. For 3 days away from school we could have a 9 day vacation. The teachers were always supportive, and often jealous. The kids were sometimes given work to do over the week, but sometimes not. We had wonderful vacations at off season rates with NO crowds.

We stopped doing it when they hit middle school, but it was great while it lasted!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter