April ~ October ~ November

disneydork3

Obsessed with Disney
I know everyone has an opinion, that's what I'm looking for! I have a 7 night EC cruise booked April during Spring Break. We are tied to this date and are wondering if mid-October or Thanksgiving might be better. April is in "sea lice" season and will most-likely be a full cruise, October is during hurricane season and November has cooler temperatures. I know it's easy to say pick a date and be happy, but I want to hear what my fellow DISers think. Any one better than the other?

The water at CC will be warmer in Oct. That's when we usually sail. Prices less too. Ships sail around hurricanes. ;) Buy insurance too. My 2 cents.
:)

We LOVED cruising Disney mid apr. Our weather and water was SO calm. It was chilly though. The ocean water was probably mid 70s or higher. It never stopped us. The rest of the weather was stunning. 82 degrees, not too much or sweltering. No motion on the ship. Not one drop of rain that I can remember. WDW was perfect too.

Of course, weather can vary year to year. I won't be cruising fall for a few reasons, although the double CC dips are tempting. I have seen where some hurricanes did cause major problems for cruisers. But then again, I know very many happy cruisers in the Aug-Oct time, so you have to decide.

I hope with all my heart next apr or may to be on a DCL.

We cruised Oct. 12th last year, and Nov 28th (roughly) a few years ago.

We are cruising Oct 27th this year.

The nov we a bit cooler, but still warm enough to swim at CC once the sun came out. Night time when the ship was moving was light jacket weather...cool up on deck...but the ship and CC are all decked out for Christmas, which is a lot of fun in itself.

October was wonderful. I don't like it too hot so October it was in the 70's to low 80s. 60s at night. We enjoyed that a lot.

If you are thinking of October...remember the Magic comes out of drydock around the 20th. There is a 5 night Carib. on the 27th at good prices.

The water at CC will be warmer in Oct. That's when we usually sail. Prices less too. Ships sail around hurricanes. ;) Buy insurance too. My 2 cents.
:)

I'll add my 2 cents to Bear3412's 2 cents :thumbsup2 , we've completed 4 cruises between late September & mid October & had great weather (but hey, it's the weather, you never know). We've also sailed in April, weather was great, but it was during spring break (seemed more crowded than usual). For us our favorite months are May & October. ::yes::

We've always done our cruising of the caribbean in october and november (mostly november bc its our anniversary) and always had good weather and less crowded we find. Maybe rained a few times but no big- and we are from CA and you know us californians if its not sunny and nice we fall apart:). I prefer to go that time of year. This year we are doing september bc it was cheaper. and one in August but very hot.

We were on the Dream last year, Oct. 24, when Hurricane Sandy was going through. Even though we ended up not going to either CC or Nassau (storm damage), and weren't able to go above decks (weather!), we still had a good time. We received a 25% off discount for another cruise of the same kind. My point is that even a suboptimal cruise can be a fun time.

I know everyone has an opinion, that's what I'm looking for! I have a 7 night EC cruise booked April during Spring Break. We are tied to this date and are wondering if mid-October or Thanksgiving might be better. April is in "sea lice" season and will most-likely be a full cruise, October is during hurricane season and November has cooler temperatures. I know it's easy to say pick a date and be happy, but I want to hear what my fellow DISers think. Any one better than the other?

I think either are good options but I do love cruising in November. Ship is decked out for Christmas, weather at ports are amazing, and prices are great.

A little off topic but now Im freaked out, what is sea lice? yuck :crazy2:

From what I've gathered "sea lice" are baby jelly fish that are in season April-June. They sting you, leaving red itchy bumps like chicken pocks. They last 7-10 days. Some get stung, some never do. I'm not sure I want to take that chance! There are discussions on here though.

Looks like a lot of you like October. We will be on the Magic this Thanksgiving so I'll be able to see how we like the November one. I might be leaning towards October 2014. Thank you! Anyone else have an opinion?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter