April/May discount released

Alright...has anyone saved anything with the dining plan package option?

I have right now the FREE UPGRADES
& Dining Plan

soo would it be cheaper for me to ditch the upgrades and JUST GET the hopping?? (we do use hopping)

THANKS!!

If anyone has any info regarding savings on the dining plan I'd appreciate it too. You can't access it online and I'm not able to call.

What I can tell from online is there are very limited rooms availaibe but it gives only the room price, you cant add tickets i dont think.

I can't use this discount unless I do a split stay because I will be there from April 22- 28 and according to disneyworld.com the discount is only good from April 22-26 and April 29- May 23. But I want the dining plan and don't really wanna do a split stay. GRRRRRRRRRR.

I'm pretty sure that as long as you're arrival day is within the discounted dates then the discount applies to your entire trip regardless of whether or not ALL your days fall w/in the discounted time-frame...DBF and I went last May and our arrival day was within a discounted period and we recieved the discount even though the entire time we were there did not fall under the discount...I hope this makes sense!!!:rotfl:

If anyone has any info regarding savings on the dining plan I'd appreciate it too. You can't access it online and I'm not able to call.

What I can tell from online is there are very limited rooms availaibe but it gives only the room price, you cant add tickets i dont think.

you will have to call to find out. or email a travel agent for a quote like dreams unlimited, aaa, whoever but it may take a few days and limited availability get more limited with the passage of time.

However you can get an idea for yourself of about what it should be if you were to get the discount. The discount seems to be giving 15% off values/mods and 25% off deluxes from the trying I did this morning. My understanding is for the package ones your tickets and dining are at regular price.. you can use the link on the disneyworld.com site (click the get started button on this page http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/special/offerDetail?id=07_MayContRoomOnlyOfferPage) to find room possible ability for this code and what the price will be. You can also just check the rates at disneyworld.com and deduct 15% for value/mod and 25% for delux but that won't give you any idea of availability. Then add your tickets, again at disneyworld.com go to the middle of the page where you can enter click the little circle for tickets and you can enter the number of people/ages/days click continue which will give you base ticket prices, add any options with the appropriate buttons and dont forget to multiply by 1.065(?) to add the tax.
For dining add 38.99 per person 10 and over per day and 10.99 per person under 10 per day.

Or I guess you can tell us where you want to stay and how many people, how old, how many nights, how many ticket days you want, if you want hoppers/wp, if you want insurance and we might can tell you about what you would be looking at if there happens to be availability for you, but there is no way for us to tell you what is available.

Alright...has anyone saved anything with the dining plan package option?

I have right now the FREE UPGRADES
& Dining Plan

soo would it be cheaper for me to ditch the upgrades and JUST GET the hopping?? (we do use hopping)

THANKS!!

Again this depends on your specifics - which hotel, how many people in your party, how old are they, how many nights are you there for, are you doing Water parks? and for the heck of if for comparison what your price is for your current plan and if you have insurance.

WooHoo!!!

My TA just emailed to let me know that this code saved us another $278 additional off (over the AAA discount we already had) of our 'room only' rate for a 5 night stay at the Poly in May. Gotta love those codes. :cool1:

Hope everyone else gets their share of extra pixie dust today too. :wizard:

Can you explain to me how this works w/AAA? I have ressie already for a magic your way package, not a room only rate. Will the codes still apply? thankyou for any help! I love these boards, but I'm lost with the codes!!!:eek:

I thought you couldn't stack discounts. Can you get the AAA discount and then add the ZHE promotion on top of it???

We are going to FW the end of April, and have already purchased and paid for the package of campsites, tickets and dining plan. Does anyone know if this new discount for packages includes the campsites??

we could all use some pixie dust!

:banana:

What if I booked through Travelocity? Would I have to cancel that ressie and make a new one with the code? I got a pretty good deal, so I'm not sure I would save money anyway.

We are going to FW the end of April, and have already purchased and paid for the package of campsites, tickets and dining plan. Does anyone know if this new discount for packages includes the campsites??

I don't know about the campsites, but it saved me $615 on the cabins for 6 nights and 6 people (2 adults, 1 junior, 3 kids) :banana:

Just an FYI on what I was finding on these:

For the package with free park hopping/water parks, if you are in a value or moderate resort the new package (with the same components) is pricing higher than your current offer (in almost every one I priced.)

If you are staying at a DELUXE resort the new package is a BETTER price and it is worth changing your package (based on availability.)
I found EVERY deluxe resort I priced was better on the new package deal (again, not every package had availability, but every one that did had a better rate with the new offer.)

For the room only code it's a toss up if you have a AAA room only discounted rate. For the value and moderate resorts it was almost a wash, but again, in the deluxe category is was a good savings.

Sue ellen

I thought you couldn't stack discounts. Can you get the AAA discount and then add the ZHE promotion on top of it???

No, you can not stack multiple codes. But the current code was a better deal (25% off room rate) and saved us significantly more money than the AAA rate for our May stay at the Poly. So our TA switched codes and locked in the better rate for us.

As has already been mentioned, this code tends to be a good deal, if you are staying deluxe. But may or may not be as good a deal (compared to prior discount codes) if staying value or mod.

No, you can not stack multiple codes. But the current code was a better deal (25% off room rate) and saved us significantly more money than the AAA rate for our May stay at the Poly. So our TA switched codes and locked in the better rate for us.

As has already been mentioned, this code tends to be a good deal, if you are staying deluxe. But may or may not be as good a deal (compared to prior discount codes) if staying value or mod.

I have a question about these codes. We are staying at the Poly at the end of April with a AAA magic your way package. My TA said that the Poly did not have any discounts for my week (4/21-4/28) so I was not able to get a discount. My question is this - can you only get the discount if there are more rooms available? That means that the discount does not apply on an existing ressie if the resort is "sold out" it only applies on an existing ressie if there are more rooms available? That does not make sense to me or seem fair. Why should a current ressie at one deluxe get the discount when a current ressie at another deluxe does not?

Congrats to everyone that was able to save some money.

ecolyer - i think you are going to have to call WDW to find out about this one. these sorts of packages USUALLY don't include those of us who camp (not cabin) at the Fort. However, i am very interested as well. if you do call and find anything out, please PM me.

My TA said that the Poly did not have any discounts for my week (4/21-4/28) so I was not able to get a discount. My question is this - can you only get the discount if there are more rooms available? That means that the discount does not apply on an existing ressie if the resort is "sold out" it only applies on an existing ressie if there are more rooms available? That does not make sense to me or seem fair. Why should a current ressie at one deluxe get the discount when a current ressie at another deluxe does not?

The promo is given to fill empty rooms. While many say "I applied the code" it is not that simple, there does have to be discount rooms available. I checked the Poly for several dates for a client with no luck (could get GF or BC but no Poly). Keep checking, some people will switch out of Poly to a discounted room which might make Poly's numbers drop enough to start to offer the promo rooms

Had ressie at WL for $340 a nite. The only thing that came up with the code for my dates was BC and $268. Jumped on it. Saved $425.:cheer2:

I saved $615 with it! We're staying at the Ft. Wilderness Cabins for 6 nights and have the dining plan. No water park option, but we do have the park hopper. We'll be there May 20-26th.

Heather. :cool1: :banana: :woohoo: :yay:

I would check into dropping the dining plan and use that kitchen. We also stay at the cabins a lot and the kitchen will be great for at least breakfast. Just thought I would have you check in case you are new to using a cabin. :)

If you are staying at a DELUXE resort the new package is a BETTER price and it is worth changing your package (based on availability.)
I found EVERY deluxe resort I priced was better on the new package deal (again, not every package had availability, but every one that did had a better rate with the new offer.)

Yep, that's how it worked out for us! We had the water parks and more package at AKL, and with the new code we were able to add Disney dining and STILL get an $89 refund! Woo hoo!

I just applied the code to my May reservation and I saved $85..better than nothing :wave2:

I just switched my existing package code with free hopping &Water parks & More to the new code and changed to garden at CR. Added another day of tickets and it only raised my package cost $200 from what my WL room was. Biiger room, extra day of tickets for what we wanted (didn't really want the water parks part). Whoo Hoo!:cool1: :cool1: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter