• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

April Exercise Thread--Spring is here! No excuses to not get moving. :)

540/900

35 on the eliptical and 40 minute run/walk

Question to all of you: My goal is set so that I decided to only count additional exercise into it. So, walking 10 minutes to the restaurant where I would have lunch does not count as I do that nearly every day anyway. But walking home instead of taking the train does count. So, now the weather is nice and I started to get the bike out. It takes me about 15 minutes to get to work and 15 minutes back on my bike. Ideally this is going to be everyday exercise during the summer months. So - do I count it as exercise or do I not? Would love to hear some opinions! :goodvibes
If I could have used another form of transportation, and I walk or bike, then I count it, even if it is not a huge distance. I like seeing how many minutes I am moving especially when I am struggling with the food/weight. It's your challenge, so I would say whatever works for you. You can definitely increase your goal if you like.:goodvibes

459/1900

52 min on the arc this morning. Think it's time to move up a level on my workouts for some higher legs and more resistance. YEY!!

575/900

Only did 35 minutes on the elliptical. Feel blah today.

I'd raise your goal and count it. Like, maybe bump up your amount to 1500, or some number slightly above your exercise goal and everyday exercise. This weekend, I included two 70-minute couch to 10k sessions, long walk to food store, three other shorter non-typical walks (instead of driving), and another two-mile walk because my toddler fell asleep in her stroller. Yesterday, it added up to over 10 miles alone!

If I could have used another form of transportation, and I walk or bike, then I count it, even if it is not a huge distance. I like seeing how many minutes I am moving especially when I am struggling with the food/weight. It's your challenge, so I would say whatever works for you. You can definitely increase your goal if you like.:goodvibes

Thanks for the feedback!! I think your suggestions of just putting up my monthly goal makes sense. Rose, I also like your thinking of counting the biking/walking if I could have used another form of transportation! So, I decided to up my goal to 1200. This will be an added incentive to actually use the bike!

So my new result with yesterday's biking and today's Body Revolution:

380/1200

:cool1:

405/1400

Just walking with the pup. A bit of discomfort at the top of one of my feet, so I'm stretching and icing and taking it easy for a few more days....

MRS AR, java and rose - thanks for your :thumbsup2 !

disneyworldluvr349 - Welcome Robin!

DS and I barely made it out the door to walk and it started raining. Had to call my DH to come get us while we waited under some trees! Did a little bit of crunch stuff and lunges when we got back home. Oh well - better than nothing!

115/900

750/1800

Today 5K to 10K had me do a 45 minute steady run. I did it at 5 mph, so I'm feeling pretty good about it. :) Also some assorted strength exercises.

533/1900

74 min at the gym, combo of stairs, weights, stretching, and elliptical.

Yey, passed 25% mark, love changing colors. LOL

635/900

Today 30 minutes elliptical and a 2 mile walking workout video that was more than 30 minutes but I'm not counting cool down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter