• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

April...cold, hot, cold and hot???

mmmk

Earning My Ears
This is our first time to Disney and I'm starting to worry about the packing. We are going Easter week and have no idea what to expect for weather. In NY the weather is still cold but we might get a few warm days. In Florida is it warm during the day then cold at night?? Help....I don't want to pack all the clothing we own!

We went in April one year and loved the weather. Warm and breezy during the day and night. If you're in doubt, go to weather.com and check Orlando's 7 day forcast as time gets closer.

We were there last April 25th thru May 1. The temp was Mid 80's to low 90's during the day but it was not that humid. We did get sunburned at Typhoon Lagoon.

Last April was gorgeous with just a couple cool nights. The majority of our 9 day trip was spent in shorts & tanks/tees with a sweatshirt at night. There were a couple nights that I needed long pants, long sleeves & a sweatshirt tho. But one pair of long pants, a couple long sleeves & a sweatshirt were plenty of warm clothes for that trip.
I get cold easily. If it's below 75, I need jeans & long sleeves.

We have had temps in the 70's and 80's for the past three weeks (and NO rain..... we need rain!), so if this month is any indication of April, the weather will be warm and dry!

We went April 23-30, 2005 and there were a couple of nights we wore long pants and sweatshirts. One day was on the cool side but every other day was suitable for swimming. Check the forecast before you leave, but probably pack a pair of jeans and a sweatshirt or light jacket for everyone (since you're coming from NY you'll probably be wearing them when you leave anyway...)

I was at WDW last year during the last week of April. The temps were in the mid 80's to high 80's during the day with little humidity. You will need sunscreen but the heat won't be a problem. The evenings got a bit cool so come prepared. Late April is a great time to goto WDW weatherwise....the crowds will be quite manageable during the last week as well since almost all of the spring breaks will be over with.

I also was in WDW for the last week of May....the crowds were non-existent. However, the heat and humidity just about killed me....it was intense. I'm from Houston, too!! :) The trade off of more crowds for better weather is worth it in my opinion. That's not to say that I would be at WDW during either of the weeks surrounding Easter though...whew....rough stuff.

I'm having the hardest time packing for next week! It's supposed to be 89 in Orlando tomorrow (or was that Tuesday?) and 73 on Saturday. Up, down, up, down.

We went 2 years ago over Easter break and it was hot AND cold the week we were there. The first 2 days we were swimming and HOT waiting in lines. By mid-week my kids were so cold at Animal Kingdom that we had to put a blanket over their legs in the stroller, plus sweatshirts, pants, hoods, etc. My mother, who we were staying with, did say that it was unusually cold for that time of year in Florida so you may have warmer conditions this year. But pack a pair of sweats and sweatshirts just in case. One set should do it. Don't forget socks. You can wear them with sandals if needed. Have a great trip!

So I guess having at least one pair of pants and a couple of long sleeve shirts would serve us well. We are going for 10 days and I'm trying to be good with the packing (I usually land up not using half of what I bring on trips).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter