• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

April at WDW

j13jdp

mouseketeer of long ago
My family is visiting WDW from 4/11 until 4/18. This is the week before Easter and the next two days after. Does anyone have any experiences at DWD from that time of year that they would like to share with us?

Hi and welcome to the DIS!

I think you're a little confused on dates...President's Day is in February.

Anyway, Easter 2006 is April 16. I'm not sure what kind of information you are looking for but I will say that the resorts and parks will be quite crowded the week you are there.

Bob

Last March we went to WDW during easter week and it was unbelievably crowded. However, I planned the entire trip out and made ADRs for all our sit down meals ahead of time. We used EMH morning hours, and avoided certain parks on certain days. We had a wonderful time. So my advice to you is to plan, plan, plan!

Personally, I'd strongly recommend against visiting DWD. I just took a look at their website located here:

http://www.dwd.org/

I think it'd make for a really depressing vacation.

Use WDW, instead of dwd, that's all. You just transposed the letters. And my best advice? Stay away from WDW at Easter if at all possible. It is, along with Christmas-New Years Week, the most crowded time, and most expensive. The room rates go up, plane fares and car rental rates go up.

I alredy realized I messed up and changed it. Thats what I get for hitting the boards at work.

The parks will be crowded but you can still have a great time.

Have plan.

Be at the parks when they open.

Book your PS NOW.

We are taking our 2nd Easter trip next year. :banana:

Dumb question, but is Easter week considered the week before or the week after Easter (4/16)?

We'll be there at the same time 4/12 - 4/18 and it will be extremely crowded.

We went during Easter in 2000 and it was mobbed . . .but the upswing to that is that the MK is open late and the weather is extremely nice.

Have a great time!

We went the week after Easter in 2003....it was also in April. The weather was absolutely gorgeous. We were able to swim and do water rides and not great freezing cold. I didn't think the crowds were bad enough to lessen the experience. We always got there are park opening and left around 2 in the afternoon for a rest. I had asked a lady in line about Easter Sunday and she said it was nearly empty at MK until after lunch time that Easter.

I would not hesitate to go back again during that time.

Enjoy!

We love going this time of year!! Yes, it's crowded but we got to parks early, used fastpass and we never waited longer than 10-15 min. You've got to plan,plan,plan!!(Planning is half the fun, I think) Make your ADRs well ahead time and you'll do fine. The weather is wonderful that time of year, hardly any rain and the parks stay open late. We always take a break in the middle of the day when it gets crowded and come back around dinner time. It's our favorite time to go. We went in June this year and definately didn't like that time of year. Toooooo muchhhhh rain :umbrella: and toooo hot!!! Have a great time. :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter