• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

April 8th 2023 visit report: (Closed Attractions)

CTP

Earning My Ears
Visited DL on 04/08/2023:
=======================
-Merchandises are very disappointed, probably after pandemic, not much good design
=======================
Closed Attractions:
-Tarzan's Treehouse -next to Private Caribbean
-Mountain railroad
====================
Rise of the Resistance:
Waited in line for an hour before it went down, announcement said no ETA, so we walk reverse from the line to came out. It showed Closed for the enter day!
Indian Jones: It showed temporarily closed on map, next time we checked, the LL was not available anymore (all taken)
====================
Genie app is very helpful, particular for photo pass!
But beware, if you get a LL later in the day, you suppose to be able to get another LL after 2 hours. but you need to get into each ride and tap on LL. I was looking for the button on the front page, and it never showed up. Overall Genie app can be every confusing.
====================
Magic band:
We bought two, definitely not worth the price! Useful to scan LL pass, and it showed different color at particular places, and it showed matching color during fireworks, but not sure what the purpose is :) if the firework is showing on the sky, and the band is showing color. I wish they make a Apple watch app for the LL pass.
====================
Weather:
LA weather is super "dry", make sure to drink lots water. Lips are drying up quick and cracking up.
Morning is pretty chilly ~50, afternoon is hot ~80, and night (after 8) back down to 50s, make sure to bring a jacket.

I was there on Saturday too. We did not arrive until about noon and then went to DCA first. We did not run into any rides being down except Rise of the Resistance. I checked it multiple times to book a DAS, but it was down the entire time. Overall, we had a great day and left the parks around 8:30 and stopped for Earl of Sandwich for a late dinner before leaving. Fireworks started as we were getting to the car and we saw some as we were getting on the 5 to head home.

I was there on Saturday too. We did not arrive until about noon and then went to DCA first. We did not run into any rides being down except Rise of the Resistance. I checked it multiple times to book a DAS, but it was down the entire time. Overall, we had a great day and left the parks around 8:30 and stopped for Earl of Sandwich for a late dinner before leaving. Fireworks started as we were getting to the car and we saw some as we were getting on the 5 to head home.
Don’t mean to hijack this thread, but where is Earl of Sandwich? We are arriving in a week and love Earl of Sandwich. We don’t have them where we live.

Just wanted to clarify for anyone reading that you can get another LL at the 2-hr mark if you haven’t already used your LL. You simply click on the ride and time once you’ve surpassed your 2hrs. Don’t rely on the app to tell you when, make a ne yak note or set a timer. If you do tap in before the 2 the mark you can make one after you tap in.

Don’t mean to hijack this thread, but where is Earl of Sandwich? We are arriving in a week and love Earl of Sandwich. We don’t have them where we live.

earl of sandwich is where la brea bakery used to be. It is right by the ticket booths on the downtown Disney side. Just to the right of dca when looking at dca.

earl of sandwich is where la brea bakery used to be. It is right by the ticket booths on the downtown Disney side. Just to the right of dca when looking at dca.

Oh my gosh. I didn't even realize it reopened since my Enchant Key expired but this location would have been so good when I was an Annual Passholder. There was this one week I ate at Earl of Sandwich so much that I earned and redeemed a free sandwich starting from zero. That was a lot of walking back and forth from the parks to the old location although I started eating there less after they changed their loyalty program.

Oh my gosh. I didn't even realize it reopened since my Enchant Key expired but this location would have been so good when I was an Annual Passholder. There was this one week I ate at Earl of Sandwich so much that I earned and redeemed a free sandwich starting from zero. That was a lot of walking back and forth from the parks to the old location although I started eating there less after they changed their loyalty program.

yes! Earl of Sandwich opened late Jan/early Feb. They also added a sit down dine in portion in the part of the building that was sit down before for La Brea. It has a tavern name now too for that area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter