April 7th, 2005 3-night Cruise WONDER

Hello Girls,
I hope to see you at the Goofy Pool at 2:30, but we're taking the bus and therefore at its mercy.
Our plane leaves from Atlanta at 7am on Sunday. I bet I won't be able to sleep Saturday night... Talk about useless at work, Amanda, I sure know that feeling...
We'll be at the BC Sun-Thurs.
Went bathing suit shopping on Saturday. What an ordeal! When I told Colin I got a 2-piece I thought he was going to have a heart attack! (He doesn't realize they're making 2 pieces that look like one piece...) But I understand his concern. I'm the one who threatened to go topless at Dawn Beach in St. Maarten two years ago...It's so much fun to embarrass your teenager!
See you soon! pirate:
Jocelyn

JOCELYN,
TOO FUNNY :rotfl: I CAN ONLY IMAGINE YOUR SONS FACE, PRICELESS........ WE HOPE TO MEET AT THE POOL TOO, BUT NOT SURE WHAT TIME WE ARE PLANNING ON GETTING TO PORT WE ARE GOING TO PLAY IT BE EAR. :banana: I AM ALMOST DONE PACKING BUT I FEAR I TRIED TO FIT TO MUCH INTO OUR SUITCASES AND THEY ARE PROBABLY OVER THE 50 LB LIMIT, WE MAY HAVE TO BRING ANOTHER SUITCASE, OH WELL :confused3

Ok did you girls know that Saturday the 2nd is DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME?? What a rip off!! LOL, I don't want to lose an hour!

We are doing the land portion too. April 2-4 at POFQ and the 4th - 7th at SSR. We are driving ourselves to the port on Thursday. We have a full-size car and if I wasn't bringing friends back to the airport I would offer someone a ride :teeth:

I am so excited, and I don't know why, because it's not like we haven't been before. I think I just put so much work into this trip. We went last Jan for our honeymoon and I didn't really plan this much.

I called this morning to verify our Wishes cruise and was so excited to here POTC music :wizard: I am trying to make my boss think I am busier than I am, but I get distracted so easily and I think he is sick of hearing about my trip!

Jocelyn, Looks like you're pretty familiar with BC. Can I make any special room request at check-in? What would you suggest? Leigh

Hello Ladies,
Too funny Jocelyn about the two piece. I also bought one of those 2 peices that covers a bit more. Haven't worn a two peice in 15 years. My family is leaving on Saturday and start our trip at Cypress Point Grand Villa's. Got a 3 bedroom condo for 135.00 at a site called Hotelkingdom. Then on Sunday we check in at the Poly for 4 nights. Then off to the ship on Thursday. This week is so hectic. It seems like everyone has crammed meetings into the end of the week. I am stressed. I am also waiting to hear from my sisters friend who may be coming to stay with us the end of the week. She is in Richmond on a business trip. I am really praying that she decides to stay in a hotel. Does thats soud terrible? Started packing. Wow , I seem to be bringing so much stuff. Hope my big suitcase isn't too heavy. I had 17 people here for Easter and I am happy to report that the everything went well. Those Ham's from Sams Club are great. Safe travels. Looking forward to meeting all of you. Lisa :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Hey girls! Lisa, that isn't terrible. You just want your space!! We started packing last night too and I feel like I have brought way too much, but can't leave anything out! I am going to today to try and find a bathin suit. I have a one-piece that fits ok, but was looking for a second one to bring. I don't know about those two-pieces!! You girls are brave. Maybe I can find one that looks like a one-piece too!! We leave in 3 days. It is supposed to rain here Saturday morning, so here's to a safe trip!!

Amanda

Leigh,
Here's a good link with lots of info about the Beach Club http://allearsnet.com/acc/faq_bc.htm

The BC is all about location, location, location for me. It's so easy to get to EPCOT (a quick walk) and even MGM (boat ride) that it's no big deal to park hop to 3 parks in one day! (Once you're in EPCOT you can take the monorail to the MK.)
Look for/ask about the short-cut to EPCOT. There's a path from the back of the BC through a garden gate. If you're like us, and plan to spend lots of time at EPCOT, ask for a room closest to the short cut. If you want a great view of the lake or Stormalong Bay-- those rooms are at the front of the hotel.
Can't wait for Sunday! :Pinkbounc
Jocelyn

Jocelyn,

That is one of my favorite trip reports!! So funny!! Unfortunately I don't have any walls....have to be quiet!! So I got a bathing suit today at Ross for $9.99!! I didn't try it on, because I was on lunch. We will see tonight...It looks cute though:) 3 days and counting. What time does everyone leave. The shuttle to the airport will be at our apartment at 5:25 A.M.!!!

That report was too funny! Nothing like kids to bring you back down to earth. Amanda, I also bought a bathing suit at Ross today! It was $7.49. Then I went to the suit shop at the Mall and got a half price one for $35. One of those crazy 2 pc you guys mentioned. My kids didn't believe it was actually 2 pieces- great coverage! It's time for me to stop shopping and start packing! DH has been travelling all week, gets home Fri. afternoon and plays a tennis match that night. All this with us leaving at the crack of dawn Sat. No stress for him, Mon! Jocelyn, thanks for the BC tips!
Leigh

Well my great bargain at Ross didn't fit so well :confused3 Oh well, I still have my good ol' one-piece!!! Better for Typhoon Lagoon anyway!!

So we are all set to go, until last night...DRAMA!!! Our neighbor was supposed to take our dog for the week, because Kennels here are sooo expensive. And last night she said she couldn't take her anymore!! WHAT!! :sad2: So now we are scrambling trying to find someone to take her. I have a couple people in mind, but feel so bad asking them at the last minute!! Geesh!!

Hi ladies,
Only 2 more days utill we leave. Yea! Amanda sorry about the dog situation. I was just talking to my friend about how much it would cost her to board her 2 dogs. 450.00 dollars Yikes. That is almost what we are paying to fly to Disney. I hope one of your friends can help out. Well, I am happy to report that my sisters friend is not coming. At least I haven't heard from her yet. I suppose she could show up on my doorstep but I think that is highly unlikely. That has helped relieve some stress. OK, the weather report looks good for the beginning of the week then what is going on when our cruise starts?Tell me it isn't so? I still think my theory is true and if we all bring raincoats it will be sunny and gorgeous. I am going to check the weather right now. See you all soon. Lisa

Well, we found someone to take the puppy. A girl I used to work with has 2 boxers and get this. Last week she went to Disney and 2 days before she left her sister called to tell her she couldn't take her dogs. So she was more than happy to help out!!

Lisa, our ponchos and umbrella are packed!! Rain Rain go away!! Here is some sunshine for everyone!!!

:sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

Hi Girls,

Just looked at 10 day forcest with msn, no rain in forcast through the 9th. I hope they are right!!!!!!!!!! :cool1: :sunny: :sunny: :flower: :banana:

Hi ladies!! ok so am I the only one who isnt packed yet??? We leave on Saturday so, I guess I better get a move on it. Amanda... Thank you so much for letting us go on your wishes cruise. I got the pm. We will see you Mon. night at 9:15. Also, I can relate with you and the doggie drama. Our friend was supposed to keep our puppy but, last thursday she decided to go into heat. luckly my vet is able to kennel her. Add another $250 onto our vacation price. Oh well! Amy... We are also staying at the CBR so.. look for us there.Lisa... I will pack my rain coat if you think it will help to keep it away.I'll also sing the rain,rain go away song.Leigh... we are also leaving on Saturday maybe we will see you on the road. Jocelyn... I see we are from the same town so, if you need me to bring anything for you just give me a call..770-643-0602. see you guys at the goofy pool on thursday.

Hey girls!! So we leave in the morning!! I am so excited and driving everyone nuts talking about Disney!! I think we are almost packed. We drop off the pooch tonight and will hopefully get a good nights sleep without her :) Our flight leaves early, but we are expecting rain and thunderstorms :umbrella: I hope everyone has a safe trip and I will see you all next week!!

Amanda

Well ladies our journey is about to begin. Safe travels everyone. Will be looking for you at 2:30 port side(left) at the goofy pool on the day we embark. I made up a little sign to stick on a table. I am hoping that there are tables by the pool. I will be easy to find. I will be the one relaxing by the pool in a white cover up with some sort of delicious cocktail. See you all soon. Lisa :flower:

I haven't started to pack yet either!
Guess where I'm going this afternoon? To have Colin's arm x-rayed for a possible break! He was playing mixed doubles last night and "tripped" over his partner while going for a ball. I don't call him Calamity Colin for nothin! Hopefully it's just sprained but I doubt it... On Thurs. look for the kid with the cast and the two banged-up knees, with the Mom in-tow who REALLY needs a cruise! :earboy2:
Jocelyn

Welcome home, everybody! Wasn't the ship just great? Can't wait to hear your thoughts. Sorry didn't get to meet you guys. We arrived late at the Goofy Pool- then I embarrassed myself for awhile asking around (especially several ladies in green shirts). I was the only one on the 8th floor with a door sign. Met no other DISers. The DIS board helpful hints made our whole trip great! The kids loved the Lab, I loved my massage, and DH finally relaxed our hectic but fun 4 days at the Park. What did you all think? Did anyone else rebook on the ship? We just couldn't leave without plunking down a deposit on a future cruise!

Welcome home everyone,

Hope every one made it home safe and sound!!!!!!!!! We never made it to the goofy pool for the meet we arrived a bit late hade to go to the pharmacy for some benadryl my five year old had a sunscreen reaction. We loved the ship it was the best part of the trip. Unfourtunatly our girls didn't care for the club but that was fine their really wasn't much time for it anyway. My girls loved all the character opurtunities esp.. the princesses. We had a good service team. We did AP,PC then Tritons. I thought the fireworks on the last night worked out better a good conclusion to the trip. CC day was awesome, but we thought the water was a little cold. We went to Cable beach on the Nassau day that was good.
Disney world was crazy busy, we did fastpass as much as possible and was able to take advantage of it often. The girls were so tierd after the four days in the parks. We didn't rebook but will definatly cruise again in the future.
Amy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter