April 7th, 2005 3-night Cruise WONDER

Jocelyn,

Looks great!! My only comment would be this

Sun.--TL in morning/SAB at BC for late afternoon with lunch at Beaches n Cream/EPCOT with dinner (Japanese)/DQ (DQ may be pushing it)

Looks like a lot!! I would do lunch at Typhoon instead of going to Beaches and Cream. Just seems like too much running around, especially if you do DQ.

Amy, Way to go on getting those PS!! That is awesome. I sent the check yesterday for out last PH ticket. I just hope the friends we are bringing with us did the same!!

Our sched looks like this

Sat - Hang out at hotel, Church, DTD for Dinner and pick up friends from MCo

Sun - EPCOT, Le Cellier for lunch and EMH and MGM

Mon - TL, free afternoon, Dinner at 'Ohana and the wishes cruise

Tue - Kona for Breakfast, MK and then EPCOT for Illuminations, Boardwalk

Wed - AK for the morning and MK for EMH

Just over 2 weeks!!!

Amanda

Hi ladies, Jocelyn thanks for the info about the water parks. Amy so glad that you were able to get the ps's you wanted. We did the Princess BF two years ago. My daughter loved it. Here is our schedule. It sure looks busy.
Sunday-MK ,dinner at Ohana's
Monday-Chef Mickey's BF, MGM early dinner 4:30 SciFi Diner, Spectromagic 9:00
Tuesday-AK, Epcot pm
Wednesday-MK again ,Luau at Poly then Wishes that night
We want to add Typhoon Lagoon and Disney quest in someplace but don't know where. I would also like to relax at the Poly some of the time. I think we nedd more time. On Thursday Am we still may hit Epcot or MK when it opens before heading to the ship. We have our own car so I think we can do it. I haven't started packing yet but I am trying to figure out what I need to buy for each family member.I am afraid we will have too much luggage. We have a minivan and 5 people. Not a huge amount of luggage space. Guess we will figure it out when we get there.Also thinking about the car seat issue for my 5 yr old. I guess I can try to pack the booster seat. I think 5 yr olds need a booster seat in Fl. Anyone up on the car seat issues? Lisa

Lisa,
We also rented a minivan and their are six of us. We will be brining both car seats, we are going to check them with luggage some how.
Amy

Hi Ladies, Sounds like everyone has been doing lots of planning. We come in Saturday night April 2nd (Hampton Buena Vista) and hope to check out DTD. Sunday we're off to the BC, may hit TL early w/lunch, then MGM Fantasmic dinner at 4:30 at BD and enjoy EMH. Monday we're off to Epcot for EMH w/1 pm ,lunch in Mexico (you eat inside but it looks like a starry night sky). Monday night we go to DQ w/a PS at PH at 8:30 (using our free $25). Tuesday breakfast at Cindy's 8:15, take a break at BC pool, back to MK for duration. Maybe dinner at Peco's-cheap and good fixins. Wed. we'll do AK, maybe check out BB, back to MK for EMH. Thur morning we have PS at Cape May at 8:20, then head for the ship.

Now I'm wondering about Chef Mickey's. Also, is the evening buffet at Cape May that good?

My DH thinks it's too much planning, but you guys don't think I'm crazy, do you?

We'll be in our minivan with the girls 8/10/12. I'm counting on them having lots of stamina.

I am starting to feel panicked- so little time, so much to do.
Your stressed out pal, Leigh

churchlady said:
Now I'm wondering about Chef Mickey's. Also, is the evening buffet at Cape May that good?
Leigh,
We had dinner at Chef Mickey's in April '01 and loved it. Got lots of attention from the characters and I thought the food was very good.
We stayed at the BC last year but didn't have dinner (clambake) there because I had read a lot of reviews that said it wasn't that great (and although I love fish, shellfish and I don't agree.) This year we have a PS at the Flying Fish at the BW--right across the lake, which gets a lot better reviews.
Jocelyn

OMG Jocelyn that story was sooo funny. I can't believe the CM put her on the slide backward.Need to definitely wear a 1 piece at the water parks. Looking at all of our itineraries is making me tired. Now I wish I was on the ship for a week just to relax.I think 5 days at the park and a week on the ship would be perfect. Too bad money doesn't grow on tree's. We are all going to need to have some down time when we get on board.I hope that my kids will like the kids club. Let the Happy Hour Begin. I have been trying on my summer shorts. How depressing.
Well I'm off to a scrapbook party tonight to get some much needed adult time. Busy weekend for us. We are seeing the Indigo girls tomorrow and then going to a Monster truck show on Sunday. Wish me luck with the Monster Truck show. The things we do for our kids. Have a great weekend ladies. Lisa

Hi, I'm here. Thanks for the tip! I'll be watching. I did my trip grocery shopping today. 3 bottles of white, 3 bottles of red, snacks, instant punch & lemonade, small cereal boxes, bottled water, 3 12 packs of sodas, a few paper products. We ordered a frig for our room at the BC. $10 a day. We always have so many leftovers when we eat out. Hope to enjoy a refreshment break each day. I plan to bring some wine on board the ship in bubble wrap. Enjoy the show! Leigh

Does anyone else find themselves buying special "for the trip" items?? We spend $200 today between Target and Walmart. DH bought a new watch. Why? For the cruise! We keep seeing things and saying, oh we need that for the trip, but we probably don't!! We spent $16 on underwater cameras!!LOL. Can't wait! 14 days!!

Amanda

We haven't bought any big ticket items as of yet. We did buy some suitcases. Got a great price at Che Marshall's. We are off to the monster truck show today. Can anyone say earplugs? I read a post that the water will be chilly on our cruise. Has anyone been to Nassau or Castaway in April? When we went to Disney in April we never were anywhere near the ocean.

I bought something called a High Definition disposable camera at my home away from home-- TARZHAY. I don't even know what it is or what it's for but it sounded like something one should take on a cruise!
With regard to water temps in April, they should be fine. But if it's rainy, or rainy and windy, it won't be ideal conditions. On our last cruise in April, two years ago, the sea was so choppy it took the Capt. several attempts to dock at CC, but it was so windy, they cancelled many of the excursions anyway. I was glad I had made a reservation for a cabana massage...
Accuweather predicts weather 15 days out. I'll keep my eye on Nassau

http://www.accuweather.com/adcbin/public/int_8to15day_local.asp?metric=0

Hi ladies, Here I am again on the computer rather than cleaning my house. I was so glad to haer that you have had a Cabana massage Jocelyn. How was it? I am hoping that my hubby and I can get a couples Cabana massage together. It will be our big splurge on the ship. I too can't to wait to see what the weather will entail. When we went to Alaska last summer it forcasted rain the whole time we would be there. So glad they were wrong we didn't have a drop of rain. My theory is if you pack a raincoat it never rains. So let' s all pack raincoats. Have a good week. Lisa :banana:

The cabana massage was wonderul. Just keep in mind it takes a while to get there (it's at the adult beach end of the island.) Hearing the ocean in the background and feelling the sea breeze, I wanted it to go on and on and on... One word of caution-- they will try to sell you VERY EXPENSIVE products after it's over. And since you are in a super relaxed state, you're bound to say "YES" (can you tell I have the word "SUCKER" written on my forehead?)

I am glad that you liked the cabana massage. Now I just need to be able to book it. I had heard about sales pitches on the Princess cruise. When I got a massage on the Grand I wrote on the info form that they make you fill out No sales pitch please. I think it helped. How are everyones Easter plans coming along? We will have about 17 people here for Easter. I am going to try to make a ham. Never made one before. Wish me luck. Don't think I can mess things up to bad with a ham. Happy Easter all. Lisa :wizard:

Hello Ladies,
5 days until we leave for Disney and 11 days until our wonderful cruise. Yea! finally made a list today of what I needd to pack. I checked into the extended forcast and the weather looks nice for Sunday through Tuesday. Higs in the upper 70's and no rain. I hope the weather man is right this time. Our we still going to meet at the Goofy pool at 2:30 on Thursday port side? We will be there.Think we will head over to Epcot on Thursday am before we leave for the ship. At least we can ride Test track, the space ride and see Figment. Good luck with getting organized this week. Lisa

I am so excited!! I feel like I will be useless at work this week! My dh went out of town this weekend and my family came down so I didn't get any packing done! :guilty: This week will be crazy though. I saw that the weather looked good too, let's cross our fingers. I am still planning on heading to the Goofy Pool at 2:30! See you girls in 5 days!!

Amanda

WE ARE ALL VERY EXCITED HERE!!!!!!!! I HOPE IT WILL BE A FAST WEEK. :cool1:

I can't believe it's almost here!!! I've got so much to do this week before we leave. Which of you ladies is also doing the Land part of your cruise adventure? It is so hard to pack for 80 degree weather when it's 45 degrees and raining here in GA!

My latest shopping treasures were Pirate supplies at Party City (eyepatches, earrings, jewelry), collapsible coolers from Sam's Club (one on wheels so coming onboard it will hold beer and wine, leaving it will hold souveniers), 89 cent ponchos from Target (just in case).

Guess what the Easter Bunny brought in the girls (8,10,12) Easter baskets? Googles, flip flops, Disney disposible cameras from Circuit City, and a Princess paddle ball from Dollar Tree! How did he know??? Leigh

LEIGH,
WE ARE DOING THE LAND PORTION 3RD - 7TH A CBR. ALSO STAYING THE 2ND IN DTD.
AMY :banana: :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter