April 7th, 2005 3-night Cruise WONDER

Jocelyn,
Not to late, we can all still hope for an upgrade.
amy :earsgirl:

Wow! We take up 4 rooms on Deck 6. Pm with your email Lisa and Jocelyn if you want the deck plan with each of our rooms labeled. Lisa, you are I are just a couple rooms apart!!

Amanda

Hello girls, I just spent the whole morning filling in the yellow pages of my Passporter book. It took me forever. I feel a little more organized. This is a neat planning guide. Tell me all of you Disney Cruise veterans can we really get an a room upgrade on this ship? Are there still any rooms available? I have been on 3 different cruises and have always had some kind of upgrade. None of these were Disney ships. We likely won't get one this time because we asked for connecting/adjoining rooms. That is pretty funny that we take up 4 rooms on the 6th floor. Jocelyn, you get to hang out with us now on the 6th floor. Yeah! I promise you all when we get upgraded to the WDsuite we will have a big bash for the April 7th cruisers. Hee hee :rotfl2: When I first saw this icon I thought it was a person having a temper tantrum. Lisa

KarenMom said:
It's spring break for my kids and I had originally planned on a 4 day cruise and 3 days at WDW, but changed my mind and decided to do all 7 days on the ship.

KarenMom,
This is too cool! Do they make you get off the boat and back on again for the second cruise? Can you keep the same stateroom? Everytime I cruise I wish I could turn around and go again!
Jocelyn

I know I wish we would be on the ship for a week. 3 days will fly by. Wish we could have gone to Disney for 4 days and spent a week on the ship. Money is the limiting factor. We arethinking about rebooking while on the ship for the same week next year on the Eastern cruise on the Magic. This will be the trial run. But you know that my family will love it. Lisa

Hello all

We are getting very excited! We recieved all paperwork in mail. Can't wait we are counting down the days. My kids have are making a plan of all the things they want to do that don't include me DH is not going so what will I do all by my lonesome :confused3 :rotfl2: . We have agreed to do an excursion together at each stop. How nice of them to include mom. Anyone driving down on the 5 or 6 from GA ?

Hi girls,
Found a neat site last night. I was looking for some navigator copies. Really wanted to find out what the kids could do on the ship. Check this out.
************************/ Sorry I don't know how to link the site. I need to take a computer class. :confused3 Lisa

Took the plunge today and made plane reservations. We usually drive to Orlando (8 hrs) but with gas prices as they are, plus having to spend a night in Valdosta each way (I CAN'T drive 8 hours straight and Colin doesn't have his permit yet), driving was going to be as expensive as flying! Plus the aggrevation of driving! Only problem is, our flight back doesn't leave until 8pm. OH NO, I'll have to find something FUN for us to do on Sunday! (like a day at Sea World?)
Are you all flying? Guess we'll be on the bus together to Canaveral! We're staying at the BC. :Pinkbounc

Jocelyn

P.S. Anybody ever seen a good land/sea list of things to pack? I guess I'll be doing laundry at the BC!

We won't be taking the transfers as we rented a car. We would offer you guys a ride with us, but we have to take friends to the airport first so our car is full! We are dropping off at Budget and they have a shuttle to the port. We can't wait and guess what?? WE GOT OUR DOCUMENTS YESTERDAY!! I was still hoping for an updgrade, but nothing :( That's ok, we are happy with our cabin.

See ya in 21 days!!

Amanda

Hello ladies, I was curious if any of you on this thread have been lucky enough to get an upgrade? I wondered if the ship was full or not? I have taken 2 Princess cruises and a Carnival cruise and have always had some sort of upgrade. Now for the really scary question. How many of you are feeling ready for a bathing suit? Yikes! I for one am not. Doing the South Beach diet now. Don't think I can lose 20 pounds in 3 weeks however. Can't believe that we will be on the ship in almost 3 weeks. Wow! I am planning to go to MK on the Sunday before our cruise. Are we crazy to go on a Sunday? Is Monday a better day? I also wonderd if any of you have gone to the water parks? It looks like Blizzard beach is more younger kid friendly. My kids are 5 and 7. Anyone have any experience at the water parks? Thanks, Lisa :flower:

Lisa,
No upgrade that I know of.
With regard to the bathing suit issue, I am what the boards call a pooh-sized mommie, so instead of trying to lose weight, I just bought a new bathing suit! :earboy2:
I think some of the guidebooks say Sunday is a very crowded day for the MK. We're headed there on Wed., which is a EMH day and some of the guidebooks say never to do that! So pick your poison!
Jocelyn

I for one am not ready for a bathing suit. I know we have two more weeks, but that is not enough time!! We are also headed to MK on EMH night. I figure it will be busy but at least it won't be busy out in the hot sun!!! Sunday we are doing EPCOT and MGM(emh). See you in two weeks girls!!

Amanda

We've done both waterparks and like them both but I prefer TL, I think because the wave pool is so much fun--the waves are about 8 ft high. We're both strong swimmers (and daredevils). We're going to TL immediately after we arrive on Sun. I plan to swim with the sharks! (it formerly cost extra but now it's included.) I LOVE the family tubes and Colin loves the slides. I like the slides too but I'm getting a little old to be plummeting down shoots at 60mph (remember the more you weigh, the faster you fly!) :flower:
Jocelyn

hi all!! We did not get an upgrade. Oh well I'm just happy to be on the ship. We are also one of the crazy ones that are doing the MK on Sunday. we have small children also and, I dont think they will let us get there and not go to the MK first. :) So look for my dis tag if you see me and say hi!! I'm with you I can not lose the extra 30 lbs before the cruise so, I did what you did and just bought a new suit with extra coverage. see you guys there. Stacey

Hi all,

No upgrade here. We can all keep hope, there is still a chance!!!!!!! :flower: I bought a few new suites still working on the baby fat three years later, ohwell. :sad2: I think we will try mk on sunday aswell. see you all soon.
Amy

Well Amy I have got you beat. I'm still working on my baby fat 5 years later. I think that my metabolism has just stopped. It used to be that I could eat whatever I wanted. No longer the case. Jocelyn, Is Typhoon Lagoon the one that has more of the family type slides? My kids are too little for the individual slides but do great on the rides that can hold 2 or more people. I was hoping to go to the water park after a day at the parks and realized that they are only open until 6. Are any of you going to the parks on the day of our cruise? Since we are at the Poly I was thinking that maybe we could go to Epcot for a couple of rides or even MK. I wish one of the parks had an early entry on Thursday. I had a question about clothes on the ship. I have been to Disney in April and you really need to be prepared for hot or cold weather. Is the ship pretty much the same?I was thinking about a nice pair of pants and a 3/4 length top, a skirt with sleeveless top and sweater. That kind of stuff. Does that sound Ok? Lisa :wizard:

I'm pretty sure that each water park has only one multiple-person (family) raft ride. The one at BB is supposedly the longest family raft ride in the world. I would say the slides, etc. are longer and faster at BB and therefore for more "adventuresome" kids. However the surf pool and shark reef at TL make it my first choice. And there's a new "watercoaster" ride at TL that opens this week! Here's a link to some info about both parks http://allearsnet.com/btp/faq_tl.htm

I forgot all about making ps for meals while in Disney, can you believe it. :guilty: Well it turned out ok, my girls only wanted a few things and I was able to get the resevations. I booked the princess breakfast at norway and dinner at chef mickeys per their request and I also booked dinner at ape May one night, they rest I guess we will wing it, I don't like to be locked into times etc. My 3 y.o. is so excited about meeting the princesses, I can't believe I was able to get a time. All my five year old wanted was to eat with mickey at "the hotel the monorail goes through." So thank god all went ok even though I messed up. Not much longer to go. How is the packing going for everyone? :cool1:

Those of you doing land/sea, what's your plan for the 4 days at Disney?
Here's ours and I'd be happy to hear comments! (because we're at the BC, we can walk to EPCOT and take the boat to MGM, which means quicker hopping)

Sun.--TL in morning/SAB at BC for late afternoon with lunch at Beaches n Cream/EPCOT with dinner (Japanese)/DQ (DQ may be pushing it)

Mon.--EPCOT all day, lunch (Morrocco), dinner Canada/monorail to MK for 2 nighttime parades

Tues.--MGM in morning, lunch at Mama Melrose/AK in afternoon/Flying Fish for dinner--this PS was made before EMH schedule came out.../back to MGM for Fantasmic

Wed.-- rest and SAB in morning/MK afternoon and evening/Crystal Palace lunch, Liberty Tree dinner

Thurs.-- last bit of EPCOT (which probably means Mission Space for Colin, Test Track for me)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter