• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

April 7, 2007 Western on the Magic?

Paula: Have you used or heard any reports back on either of non Disney shore excursion trips. There's a catamaran/snorkeling one that sounds really nice on the shoretrips.com site. Cost is similar, but the times work out a lttle better for me. I'm not big on early morning outings while on vacation and 12:30 should give us some time to walk around Key West beforehand.

Debbie

This is the first time we have gotten an upgrade from "The Mouse".
I am going to try to find some more wristbands today. I have been very lazy on my day off--still in my pj's at 12:30.(I should be ashamed--but I am not!!)
I am going to try head out to the tanning bed also.

YIKES....out Home Depot was completely out of "Alien" green paint chip icons...picked up 41 "Sonic Boom" green chips....very similar to the alien though...but not enough for all 66...we can use the other ones i have (Gamma Sector Green)...unless someone else has a Home Depot close by????

YIKES....out Home Depot was completely out of "Alien" green paint chip icons...picked up 41 "Sonic Boom" green chips....very similar to the alien though...but not enough for all 66...we can use the other ones i have (Gamma Sector Green)...unless someone else has a Home Depot close by????

I will stop by ours and see what I can get. Should be able to go tomorrow, so I'll let you know! :)

I bought 66 green bracelets today. They aren't the wider bands but more like a rope. They also glow in the dark. I bought all the packs that the Factory Card Outlet had. There is another one here that I am going to try to get to (so that we all match, if not counting the one's I already have there are plenty for all of us. They were about a $1 for 6. (Pretty cheap!!) WM said they discontinued the bands I bought there several weeks ago. I guess that is why they were 20c.
I haven't been able to try to make it by a Home Depot.

Have we ever decided on the martini meet? :idea: We could meet every evening at 10:30:woohoo: :woohoo:

Paula: Have you used or heard any reports back on either of non Disney shore excursion trips. There's a catamaran/snorkeling one that sounds really nice on the shoretrips.com site. Cost is similar, but the times work out a lttle better for me. I'm not big on early morning outings while on vacation and 12:30 should give us some time to walk around Key West beforehand.

Debbie

Debie, I haven't tried any of those to tell you the truth. When last on the WC cruise the seas were very rough so all water excursions were cancelled. I had asked about KW excursions on the main board and Shiley Nelson answered me back that there was a booth pretty close to where the ship docks that you could go on some water excursions. I would really imagine that any of them would do a good job. I would go with the best times for you. I had a catamaran snorkel booked through Disney, but in reading on the main threads it seemed that snorkeling is really hit or miss here. So we are going to just walk around and see what goes. Sorry I really can't help you.

I will stop by ours and see what I can get. Should be able to go tomorrow, so I'll let you know! :)

Sounds good...but don't stress over it...the greens may not match - but they are still Disney green Mickey's...so don't think anyone would be upset ......

I bought 66 green bracelets today. They aren't the wider bands but more like a rope. They also glow in the dark. I bought all the packs that the Factory Card Outlet had. There is another one here that I am going to try to get to (so that we all match, if not counting the one's I already have there are plenty for all of us. They were about a $1 for 6. (Pretty cheap!!) WM said they discontinued the bands I bought there several weeks ago. I guess that is why they were 20c.
I haven't been able to try to make it by a Home Depot.

Have we ever decided on the martini meet? :idea: We could meet every evening at 10:30:woohoo: :woohoo:

That's awesome Paula - thank you for doing that!!!! and i LOVE the idea of a daily martini meet!!!!!! WOO HOO is right!!!!:woohoo: :woohoo: are we like "READY" for this trip?????

Sounds good...but don't stress over it...the greens may not match - but they are still Disney green Mickey's...so don't think anyone would be upset ......

Can't see why they would be upset, we seem like an easy going bunch! But here is a disclaimer for you..................:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: If you insist on the alien green Mickey head paint chip, please make sure you stop at a Home Depot before boarding the ship.:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I stopped by Home Depot in my travels this evening and picked up 18 Alien green Mickey paint chips. Hope it helps. I also saw the other green. They are very close, so I'm sure they are fine, although I haven't figured what you are planning to do with them. I have a few guesses, but I won't chance it. First Disney Cruise-Still a rookie, but glad I found this forum.

See you all soon.party:

Hey guys. As the preparation for our first Disney cruise increases here at the end, I am exhausted. Day after day spent reading these boards, I am convinced that my family will have the time of our lives! The boys are so excited --- but I have so much to do. Thank you for picking up the paint chips and bracelets for all of us, but I am like Veccfam, new at DCl and don't understand, what are you going to do with them? I have been trying to make a magnetic sign for our door, but haven't been able to come up with much. Can't wait to see some of yours.

OK, so I'm rambling... point is, it's getting close and we're so excited and ready to meet all of you.:goodvibes

Teresa

Not too worry newbies....the initiation isn't "TOOOOO" painful....nahhhh - just kidding....the green color somehow was designated as the official "DIS" member color...so anyone who sees you wearing "lime green" will know you're part of this great group.....therefore the grn bracelets (as well as any other green you may want to wear that day), and the Mickey chips actually are used for name tags....they just peel off the card.....
37.5 more hours to our flight is in the air...........:banana: I'm not counting days any longer...i'm down to the hours!!!!!

Thanks for picking up the extra Alien green chips....with those - & Paula's 6 - and my Sonic Boom - we should have enough that we won't need the Gamma Ray green.....but THANKS Paula for the disclaimer!!!! LOVE IT!!!

It's getting so close, I can't wait to get on the ship.... We almost have the car packed, just waiting for DS(15) to get the rest of his stuff together. I sat at work all day today, and looked for new info on the cruise. :yay: I want to leave now.

We booked with Fury for the parasailing, ended up half the price then on Castaway Cay, for same amount of air time, and now instead of just DD, all 5 of us are going, with 1 just riding along to get pics. I'm excited, parasailing on Easter Sunday, :cool1:

I can't wait to say hi to everybody, 3pm at the Prominade, right?

I hope everybody has safe trips, it's getting soooo close.

Hey guys. As the preparation for our first Disney cruise increases here at the end, I am exhausted. Day after day spent reading these boards, I am convinced that my family will have the time of our lives! The boys are so excited --- but I have so much to do. Thank you for picking up the paint chips and bracelets for all of us, but I am like Veccfam, new at DCl and don't understand, what are you going to do with them? I have been trying to make a magnetic sign for our door, but haven't been able to come up with much. Can't wait to see some of yours.

OK, so I'm rambling... point is, it's getting close and we're so excited and ready to meet all of you.:goodvibes

Teresa

Hi Teresa, don't exhaust yourself. This will be my 5th trip on DCL and this is the 1st one I have ever made a door sign for. (OK, I made a few for this one). This also the first time I have gotten to meet some fellow cruisers before I even get on the ship.

I don't know what the intentions are with the paint heads yet! Guess we will find out on Saturday.:) The bracelets are to wear while we are on the ship. You don't have to wear it all of the time or anything but it just represents the dis color. It will be cool for pirate night and other evenings because the ones I got will glow.

Did you look on the DCL door sign thread? There are some really cool ones there. People are way more creative than I am, I will tell you. They will help your children be able to identify your cabin door much easier, if they get turned around.

i am very excited about getting to meet everyone also! we are going to have a lot of fun:woohoo: :yay: :woohoo:

Not too worry newbies....the initiation isn't "TOOOOO" painful....nahhhh - just kidding....the green color somehow was designated as the official "DIS" member color...so anyone who sees you wearing "lime green" will know you're part of this great group.....therefore the grn bracelets (as well as any other green you may want to wear that day), and the Mickey chips actually are used for name tags....they just peel off the card.....
37.5 more hours to our flight is in the air...........:banana: I'm not counting days any longer...i'm down to the hours!!!!!

Thanks for picking up the extra Alien green chips....with those - & Paula's 6 - and my Sonic Boom - we should have enough that we won't need the Gamma Ray green.....but THANKS Paula for the disclaimer!!!! LOVE IT!!!

I love that Brenda we are down to hours!!!!!!! And they disappear like pixiedust: while we sleep.:)

It's getting so close, I can't wait to get on the ship.... We almost have the car packed, just waiting for DS(15) to get the rest of his stuff together. I sat at work all day today, and looked for new info on the cruise. :yay: I want to leave now.

We booked with Fury for the parasailing, ended up half the price then on Castaway Cay, for same amount of air time, and now instead of just DD, all 5 of us are going, with 1 just riding along to get pics. I'm excited, parasailing on Easter Sunday, :cool1:

I can't wait to say hi to everybody, 3pm at the Prominade, right?

I hope everybody has safe trips, it's getting soooo close.

I am so glad that worked out for you:woohoo:
Have a safe trip down and yes we will see you Sat in the Promenade lounge.:cool1:

PS....i'll bring a few sharpies to use for the name tags (I think those can go thru TSA).....

Yep - i'm down to hours:cheer2: ..and only 1 more day left at the office....i didn't even have to stay late tonite...and you all KNOW that I won't be staying late tomorrow night....right????? now of course we won't sleep at all tom night....but that's what the plane ride is for...right?

Hi. I just had to come here to let some of my excitement out, because I know that all of you will understand ...... :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

I just have been tossing things into piles as I come across them - haven't packed anything yet. It won't be too bad because it's just me and DD, and I don't have to work any this week.

Just keeping my fingers crossed that nothing goes wrong! My biggest worry up to this point has been that DD will get sick. I have taken her to the doctor 5 times since the beginning of this year with tonsillitis type illnesses. She has been averaging getting sick about every 3 weeks, but I think it's been over 3 weeks since the last episode. Her problem now is allergies. The pollen here is horrible. Today her eyes started getting red and itchy when she stepped outside. Hopefully it won't be as bad at our cruise destinations.

Only three more "regular" days, then we're leaving home!

Good luck to everyone! :hourglass

Hi. I just had to come here to let some of my excitement out, because I know that all of you will understand ...... :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

I just have been tossing things into piles as I come across them - haven't packed anything yet. It won't be too bad because it's just me and DD, and I don't have to work any this week.

Just keeping my fingers crossed that nothing goes wrong! My biggest worry up to this point has been that DD will get sick. I have taken her to the doctor 5 times since the beginning of this year with tonsillitis type illnesses. She has been averaging getting sick about every 3 weeks, but I think it's been over 3 weeks since the last episode. Her problem now is allergies. The pollen here is horrible. Today her eyes started getting red and itchy when she stepped outside. Hopefully it won't be as bad at our cruise destinations.

pixiedust: pixiedust: for Courtney.
I think that is every mom's fear when getting ready to leave on vacation or holidays. :sick: babies.
Allergies get Adam also.

Yes we definitely understand.....i just made piles in the guest room as i was shopping/doing laundry etc....then i just packed our suitcases 'for real' yesterday....but i was home alone...and it was easy to do....

Sending lots of hugs:hug: and magic :wizard: pixiedust: that DD definitely stays healthy all week AND thru the cruise as well

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter