• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

April 6th dcl announcement

Might I make a suggestion? It's obvious that miztigg did not read any further than the post that was replied to. I'm sure there was no knowledge that Buddy had explained himself etc. With all due respect, would it be possible (and kinder) send miztigg (and others in the future) a PM instead of publicly giving the equivilant of a handslap? We've all said that it's hard to interpret the written word, but this reply would sting a bit if I was receiving it and it's not likely that miztigg was even aware of the drama.

I am posting this in case others are not aware of all the board guidelines and Golden Rules of Posting...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1010690

Treat your fellow posters with respect. We all have our own opinions and all opinions are welcome as long as they are posted in a respectful manner. It is also helpful to read an entire thread before posting. What might have been a heated discussion on the first couple of pages might have been resolved later on and just posting to the original post just frustrates the other posters. Remember that what is right for one poster and their situation might not be right for others.

MJ

Coming late to the party here. I've been reading over on Cruise Critic about possible Galvestion Cruise announcements, and finally ended up here (I should have known you guys would have been all over this one!). I would LOVE it if DCL sailed out of Galveston. Here's the case for Galveston that I just posted on cruise critic. Much of this has been mentioned previously on this thread, some of it has not)
:
1) Beginning last summer (2010), Dinsey started asking about cruises out of Galveston in some of its surveys. Here's a copy of at least one of the surveys (I've turned the text red in the Galveston Itineraries):

7-NIGHT FLORIDA & BAHAMAS (Starting at $869)

Cruise Ports: New York, New York; Port Canaveral, Florida; Castaway Cay, Bahamas; New York, New York

8-NIGHT FLORIDA & BAHAMAS (Starting at $979)

Cruise Ports: Galveston, Texas; Key West, Florida; Port Canaveral, Florida; Castaway Cay, Bahamas; Galveston, Texas

9-NIGHT FLORIDA & BAHAMAS (Starting at $1099)

Cruise Ports: New York, New York; Charleston, South Carolina; Port Canaveral, Florida; Nassau, Bahamas; Castaway Cay, Bahamas; New York, New York

6-NIGHT WESTERN CARIBBEAN (Starting at $769)

Cruise Ports: Galveston, Texas; Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands; Cozumel, Mexico; Galveston, Texas

7-NIGHT EASTERN CARIBBEAN (Starting at $899)

Cruise Ports: Port Canaveral, Florida; St. Maarten, N.A.; St Thomas, U.S.V.I.; Castaway Cay, Bahamas; Port Canaveral, Florida

7-NIGHT WESTERN CARIBBEAN (Starting at $899)

Cruise Ports: Port Canaveral, Florida; Key West, Florida; Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands; Cozumel, Mexico; Castaway Cay, Bahamas; Port Canaveral, Florida

5-NIGHT BERMUDA (Starting at $649)

Cruise Ports: New York, New York; King's Wharf, Bermuda; New York, New York

2)Disney says it has an important annoucement about itineraries on April 6th, 2011, 12:30pm EST. The announcement will be made from New York (there is lots of speculation that Disney Magic will sail the Summer of 2012 out of New York and then move to Galveston for the late Fall/Winter months).

3) Laura Elder's mentions in the Galveston Daily News of big news for Galveston crusing coming soon (from March 31st-- In red):

Loose lips: Rumors still are under full sail that another cruise line is island-bound. Waterfront watchers are speculating about which ship might be sailing this way.

But Port of Galveston Director Steve Cernak this week said speculation that the Norwegian Spirit might soon homeport from Galveston isn’t true. In 2009, Norwegian Cruise Lines announced it had signed a contract with the Port of New Orleans and would continue seasonal sailings from the Big Easy at least through April 2014. The 1,966-passenger Norwegian Spirit sails seven-day Western Caribbean itineraries with Sunday departures.

Still, some sources in the know say another cruise announcement for the island is imminent. Last month, Princess Cruises announced it would resume sailing from the island. Beginning next year, the 3,070-passenger Crown Princess will launch its Caribbean season from the island port, planning 19 departures between Dec. 22, 2012, and April 27, 2013.

Carnival Cruise Lines will bring two new vessels to the island in the fall this year. Carnival said the 3,690-passenger Magic would begin sailing from the island port in November. The 2,758-passenger Triumph would be moved to the island from its New Orleans base a month before that.

Finally, Royal Caribbean International plans to replace its Voyager of the Seas with the 3,114-passenger Mariner of the Seas, one of the world’s 10 largest liners. Stay tuned.

4) Someone on another thread on Cruise Critic posted a message from their TA about big news about Galveston crusing being revealed on April 6th (the same date that Disney is revealing its big cruising news.) Here's the message they posted from their TA (post is in red):

From Gulf Coast Departure Forum*
"Quote from a travel agents email I got yesterday...."

"but the vendor actually came into my office yesterday and asked that we NOT say anything prior their official announcement coming up this Wednesday, Apr. 6th....... If you are on Facebook, watch my Facebook status updates on Wednesday, Apr. 6 or watch the status updates at our page on Apr. 6 and we will post the news when it becomes official! We will also shoot out a special edition of our email that evening so look for it!

If what I told by some inside people at the company is the announcement this vendor will be making you will want to get into our offices ASAP starting Thursday and get booked, especially if you are a family needing a cabin for 4 or 5 people, want to cruise at Christmas, Thanksgiving, New Years 2012 or Spring Break 2013. This really will be big news, especially here in Texas but for the entire Midwest!"

It seems pretty compelling to me!! I would be SO excited if it were true. I guess we'll find out on Wednesday! --Katie

Oh dear. I might be in the minority then if these guesses are correct :sad2: I cant get excited about these ports. Especially the idea of port canaveral! Seen too much of it to be an exciting visit. Was really hoping for something new. What happened to the idea of the Magic possibly being an ambassador for the fleet testing out new ports? Will it come back to Europe again?? Roll on wed! :surfweb:

Does anyone know from experience how soon after an announcement of this type do they generally start booking for the new itineraries???

If DCL goes anywhere out of NYC at the end of April/beginning of May, I want in. I don't even care about the intinerary, but I do care about what room we book. Of course, I won't be friggin Gold till September and will be booking with the general public. I honestly can't wait till Wednesday, when we all know the deal. My TA is under instruction to keep me posted as soon as she knows. :goodvibes

Does anyone know from experience how soon after an announcement of this type do they generally start booking for the new itineraries???

I just got an email from my TA. SHe said while she anticipates they are releasing the itineraries on April 6, they won't go on sale for a few days after that. Now I don't know if she means it won't go on sale to the general public or everyone.

I really hope they'll be announcing some kind of cruise out of NYC. We are about 90 minutes from there and would DEFINITELY cruise on Disney if we didn't have to factor in airfare and transfers!!

Does anyone know where it would go if it sailed out of NYC? I've never been on a cruise that left from there so I was curious.

EDIT: I just looked through the last couple of pages and saw some of the NY itineraries that are being discussed. Very exciting!!! I wish Disney could drop us off in Florida, let us spend some time in WDW, then hop back on the ship and sail to NY. That would be great! :-)

I'd also love to see some kind of NY to Canada itinerary. Nova Scotia, P.E.I.... I would be on that sailing in a heartbeat!

I dont know if this question has been addressed before but I was wondering: Is the April 6th announcement the day they intend to announce all their itineraries or just the one big announcement? So basically will we find out whats going on for the rest of the 2012 year?

Thanks.

So I guess a Christmas cruise is pretty expensive, huh????

DUMB question, I know! :rotfl:

But I would love to be on one, especially w/o having to fly to get there.

Hmmmm. Interesting. :flower3:

WOW! I just read all 31 pages. :-) I don't have access to facebook at work, but I can access DIS so someone better be posting every detail as they know it on the 6th! :goodvibes

Might I make a suggestion? It's obvious that miztigg did not read any further than the post that was replied to. I'm sure there was no knowledge that Buddy had explained himself etc. With all due respect, would it be possible (and kinder) send miztigg (and others in the future) a PM instead of publicly giving the equivilant of a handslap? We've all said that it's hard to interpret the written word, but this reply would sting a bit if I was receiving it and it's not likely that miztigg was even aware of the drama.

Thank you for sticking up for me :goodvibes and no i had'nt read any further, I have never got involved with any bickering on the boards ever. I was upset that the day before i had to change a cruise i was booked on and i still dont have a cruise cause no one knows whats going on. My cruise is a rebook on board so if hawaii comes out 10% would be a huge savings for me. So im sorry i jumped the gun but i was antsy about my dummy date
Rita Kathleen

So I guess a Christmas cruise is pretty expensive, huh????

YES!! We just got back this morning (rode the train all night from Orlando)...We booked while we were onboard the Magic (so miss her already!) for a Christmas cruise next year. (Western Caribbean itinerary aboard the Fantasy)..and it is already $1000 more expensive than the Eastern we just got off of!!! (Same category- 5C). So I'm sure combined with the fact it is a 7 nighter, new ship, and a holiday all adds up to that price difference.

Anyhow and can also confirm the new itineraries will be coming out this coming week as this is what the TA said on the ship. Waiting to see what is coming out to determine if we'll switch.:)

Lastly- for anyone boarding this week or already on- Currently they have a $200 OBC going for 7 nighters you book while on the ship, plus of course the 10% discount and 50% off deposit required. Also, since we asked the TA to book us through Dreamsunlimited, we get any OBC they're offering as well. Just FYI...:thumbsup2

Patiently waiting the announcements!!

Oh dear. I might be in the minority then if these guesses are correct :sad2: I cant get excited about these ports. Especially the idea of port canaveral! Seen too much of it to be an exciting visit. Was really hoping for something new.
No, I'm right there with you. Living where I do, airfare is necessary regardless where the port is, and I am definitely not on the edge of my seat about sailing from New York or Galveston. Airfare is about the same regardless.

Oh dear. I might be in the minority then if these guesses are correct :sad2: I cant get excited about these ports. Especially the idea of port canaveral! Seen too much of it to be an exciting visit. Was really hoping for something new. What happened to the idea of the Magic possibly being an ambassador for the fleet testing out new ports? Will it come back to Europe again?? Roll on wed! :surfweb:

No, I'm right there with you. Living where I do, airfare is necessary regardless where the port is, and I am definitely not on the edge of my seat about sailing from New York or Galveston. Airfare is about the same regardless.

I totally agree. We have to fly. So, we would way rather wind up in Orlando and be able to tag on some WDW days. DCL already goes to Key West, Grand Cayman, Cozumel. Nothing new, just new place to leave from without the magic of the Mouse. IMHO.

I guess we won't be sailing with DCL in 2012.

I was interested in Hawaii; but a 14 night sailing with 10 sea days and maybe only 4 days at Hawaii does not appeal to me; which is what it looks like if repositioning from LA to Vancouver via Hawaii.

And it doesn't seem like the Magic is going to Europe, so....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter