April 5, 2012 5 Night Bahamian Cruise (Dreamfinders)

Found it! :banana: I ripped apart half the house looking for the FE, gave up and opened the suitcase to start packing and there is was.:headache: Guess i did put it someone for the cruise. The next few days are crazy busy with lots of stress. I can't wait until Thursday!

Laurie

Monica - it'll be great to have a buddy. :cheer2: Anyone else for the 5K

Laura - we received the wristbands today. :thumbsup2

I am so excited, can't wait!!!! :banana:

If I hadn't working like a dog these last few weeks, I would have trained and tried to join you. Went to watch my friend do Princess 1/2 and now I want to do that. This would have been a good start. But think I can build up to 5K in three days. Will cheer you on though!

Oh my goodness, I actually got swamped with work this month or I wouldn't have been so slacking to keep up with everything! I have actually earned the first four days of vacation in compensatory time in the last week and a half. I have NEVER needed a vacation so much in my life!

Anyway, meeting is still on for Thursday, 3pm starboard side? I'll watch out for the bracelets!

Leave Wednesday, only two more days to get everything done....help:scared1:

I feel your pain!! Our DD (almost 15) only knows we're going to Florida. I can't tell you the number of times I've almost blown our surprise for her - this is tough! Haven't even started to pack, b/c I'm convinced she'll figure it out! Its gonna be a crazy weekend around our house!

Several of the teen/tween girls are meeting at the Eye Scream stand/place by the pool at 3:00 (same time as the adults meeting, I believe). They plan to meet, eat ice cream and explore a little. My daughter is 14 and wanted to be sure your daughter got invited because she wants to meet her.

Any other teens/tweens who would like to meet up can meet there too.:goodvibes

Several of the teen/tween girls are meeting at the Eye Scream stand/place by the pool at 3:00 (same time as the adults meeting, I believe). They plan to meet, eat ice cream and explore a little. My daughter is 14 and wanted to be sure your daughter got invited because she wants to meet her.

Any other teens/tweens who would like to meet up can meet there too.:goodvibes

Thanks for the info and invite - I'll pass the info along and we'll try to remember. We didn't get bracelets, but I think we'll be wearing 2011 DCL tshirts. Would love to meet others - especially those that live nearby!

Watching the Dream sail away right now ... we'll be on her next voyage!! :dance3::cheer2::cool1:

Last summer we went to the beach and watched the Magic sail away. We were really wishing we were on it! But now we are so close... but so far away. We still have to get to Florida today!:wizard:

Hi all!!

sorry I haven't been active on this thread for a while, but I see a few of you are doing the castaway cay 5k!! I definitely want to join in ... anyone have a list of who's going? are you (we) wearing anything in particular?

thanks! :cool1:

Running the 5K I think we have Monica (MDTerp), D2stobb's DH, myself, and you if you want to join. :thumbsup2 I didn't plan to wear anything special, just my regular running clothes.

I was reading through some of the posts, and noticed there are lots of families from Virginia. So I just wanted to say hi and that we're from Crozet, VA (near Charlottesville). We moved here from Northern Virginia (Manassas Park) a few years ago.

This is our first cruise ever and we couldn't be any more excited! It will be me, my DH and our DS who just turned 7. Our youngest DS is almost 2 and will be staying home with grandparents. We're flying into Melbourne, FL on Wednesday and staying with my in-laws who are conveniently located near Port Canaveral :)

My DS is really anxious to meet some kids right away. Does anyone else have a DS in the 6-8 year old range?

Ahoy matee's - Yipee!!!! It's tomorrow! We have had a great time at the parks this trip. It has flown by soooo fast.it is nice though that we still have the best part of our vacation left !!
Can't wait to meet everyone, hoping this great weather we have been having in central florida,holds out for disembark ment. We have used our rain poncho's only once this trip. ( so nice)
Last day at the parks and it will be :wizard:Magical :tink:

Untitled by d2stobb, on Flickr

Almost 2 am the night before (morning of) the cruise. :goodvibes. Sitting in our room at Beach Club Villas. It's still not quite real but the girls are excited. Repacking and prepping FE gifts. See you all at the pool in 13 hours!:yay:

Just want to say, Mike, Michael and I had a wonderful time on this cruise. We met some really nice people and some really nice weather. Hope you all had as good an experience!
Luckily we don't have to wait long for another, we sail on Magic out of NYC in July for a Canada cruise! :cool1::cool1::cool1:
Take care everyone!
Laura

Greetings fellow shipmates -

I hope everyone had a wonderful trip and has arrived safely to their final destination.

Sorry that I missed both the "meet" and the CC5K - we got a call two days before we sailed and the DVC Members Celebration was scheduled for 230 in Evolution, right after we boarded the ship. I just couldn't pass up the free champagne and opportunity to win $200 shipboard credit - so I didn't make it up to meet everyone.

I planned on the 5K, but my daughter and her friend were scheduled to parasail at 9 am and guardians needed to be there to sign the waivers...this conflicted with the 845 meet for runners/walkers. By the time we found out that the excursion was cancelled, I had already eaten a large breakfast and was dressed for the beach - wouldn't have made it to the meet by 845. Then, they rescheduled for parasailing at 9 am on second CC day, hence, same problem as original day.

I did chat with JCWolf briefly on the family beach at CC - recognized her by the green bracelet :-).

TinkerbellRN - I mentioned the teen/tween meet to my daughter, but i think she went straight to Vibe. I told her about your daughter, but didn't know her name, so I don't know if they ever met each other onboard.

We booked another (probably dummy) cruise while onboard and then I called DVC Members services to book the Wonder for next spring break - I think I've developed an addiction to sailing DCL!! Guess there could be worse things!

Hope you all had a magical time and I'm sure our paths will cross onboard sometime in the future!

Safe travels to all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter