April 5, 2012 5 Night Bahamian Cruise (Dreamfinders)

Cute magnet design, I may borrow too. I woke up this morning to find another round of winter with a few inches of snow. We have had gray, nasty, cold, rainy weather for the last 2-3 weeks.
I am soo ready to go to Mickeys house, for some sunshine.

I called DCL today, here's what they said for 4/5 Disney Dream sailing......

Movies: Cars 2, Muppets, The Help, War Horse, Reel Steel, John Carter in 2d and 3d

Thurs nt is casual
Fr nt is semi formal
Sat nt is pirate night
Sun nt is casual
Mon nt is casual

Unfortunately, the agent I spoke with did not know what the line-up was for the entertainment......she said they do not access to that info.

Cathy,
The agent said Sat is Pirate night? It is usually Nassau day, and on the DCL itinerary it says Sun. I would much rather it be Sat, so I can dress my children in Easter clothes for dinner Sunday (rather than their Pirate Garb). Can anyone else confirm? TU!!

Nice picture! We tried to get a picture of Michael on the aquaduck but it was really hard to time it!

I'm mailing out two more batches of bracelets tomorrow but I think that's going to be it. If anyone else wants them let me know and I'll bring them to the 3PM meet.

It's gorgeous here in NY today! Windows and doors open, heaven. Hubby's out trying to get a little sunshine!

:sunny:

Just over 2 weeks for us, we leave on the 3'rd :dogdance: Can't wait to meet everyone, seems like we have a nice group.

16 days!!!

We've got 75 degree weather here in WI. Not that I'm complaining, but I had planned to get shorts, etc organized this weekend....they'll all in the wash. Fish extender is complete, gifts done, magnets just about done.

I'm excited about the movies. I haven't had a chance to see War Horse. I was surprised by Pirate Night being Saturday too, since the website says Sunday, but whatever. I'm trying to fight my urge to obsessively plan and just go with the flow. Things have been so insane at work that I haven't had a chance to obsess anyway. I'm working on our FE gifts right now, since there are tornado warnings and we are hanging out in the basement.

Laurie

Yes, I wrote what the DCL agent told me. I'd rather pirate night be Sat too and yes, it usually IS the night of Nassau. But I also think they changed the itineary on this particular sailing...but maybe someone else should confirm the pirate night.......perhaps the agent was wrong.

I like to plan things, but I am finding it so difficult this time around! This will be our 13th disney cruise, I'm not used to being confused!

Hi all!

I have been seriously MIA on this thread, but life has gotten in the way. Kids busy, work busy (just launched a new Disney cruise blog!)...probably the same for everyone.

I am getting really excited about our cruise. I cruised with a girlfriend a few weeks ago on the Dream and we had a great time. LOVED IT ALL! I have part I of my review on my old blog (link below).

As we were leaving port, I got a call from my friend (who owns the TA that I work for) with news that we finally got a spot on the Fantasy preview cruise on March 23. I am getting seriously spoiled with all of the cruising I have done, and my family is getting seriously annoyed because I keep leaving them! But we will be sailing as a family on this cruise and it will finally be more vacation than work...yes, I am completely aware of how ridiculous that sounds.

I was wondering if eveyone has fancy fish extenders or if anyone was going with a more simple plan. I saw a family on my last cruise who just hung a decorated gift bag from their hook and it seemed to work great for them. I just ordered some pillowcases from etsy for autographs, but I am thinking dh just might kill me if I spent another $40 on a fancy fish extender! He is on a bit of a tirade about eliminating "unnecessary expenses" and he, of course has a good point. What are you guys doing? Any other quick/easy/cheap FE ideas?

Also, if anyone has any questions about any recent changes, etc on the Dream, let me know. Hopefully, I can help!

Hello! I purchased a small tote bag at Walmart for $10. It's black and white and says "I Heart Mickey!". I'm using that as my FE as we are also trying to not spend any more money than we have to...I'd much rather spend the extra $$ on a cold drink by the pool!! :cool1:

Hopefully it fits since that's all I'm bringing to use!

I still haven't gotten a couple of room numbers yet for FE, but I have decided to send the room list out today. When the other numbers come in --I will send them out. I hope I have everyone's room # right. Please let me know if I need to make any changes when you get them. I probably will send them out later today, as I have a busy morning / early afternoon today.

Thanks,
Vicki

Hi everyone...very new to all of this. I read alot, but have never posted. I called DCL a couple of days ago and was told by the CM that Pirate night is indeed still on Sunday. I was requesting a specific dining rotation in order to be in AP on Pirate night. The CM stated that this specific itinerary is confusing due to very few itineraries with day 1 as a sea day. The CM said to let anyone who calls DCL with inquiries know: you MUST indicate being on a 5 day departing on a Thursday with the FIRST DAY AT SEA. Apparently the 1st day at sea is the key to getting more accurate information regarding the April 5th cruise.

Please post if anyone hears differently as I really want to be in AP on pirate night.

Hopefully this helps!
Audra

PS: I am traveling w/a friend, DH, DSS(14) and DS(9) and we are all counting down the days until our 1st DCL experience and The DREAM. Only 10 days until DH, DS and I depart for The Shades of Green and 5 days in the parks.

Hi,
I have PM'd room numbers of those playing FE. Please let me know if you didn't get my PM or if you have questions.

Thanks a lot for your patience on this! It won't be too much longer now.:goodvibes

Vicki

Good morning folks! Just thought I'd add a picture of the day!

Towel Lobster!
img_0048.jpg

And a wedding we saw on Castaway Cay!

img_0084.jpg

Hi,
I just got a PM from Praisehisname that they are no longer on this cruise. So those of you playing FE - can you please take them off the FE list. I will send a PM out about it too.

Thanks,
Vicki

From what I have read on these boards, AP is the only restaurant that changes theming a bit for pirate night. Since I have 2 boys, I think they will enjoy it more than the other 2 restaurants on that evening.

Bravo to Vicki! Thanks so much for organizing our FE this cruise. It is much appreciated and we are all looking forward to it!

We leave in 12 days and cant wait!

Looking forward to meeting you all poolside at 3pm!!!

T-minus 14 days for us! Cannot wait to escape from reality!

As to which night is pirate night.......I'm so tired of trying to figure it out.......it's definitely ONE of the nights!

See everyone on board!

I'm excited about the movies. I haven't had a chance to see War Horse. I was surprised by Pirate Night being Saturday too, since the website says Sunday, but whatever. I'm trying to fight my urge to obsessively plan and just go with the flow. Things have been so insane at work that I haven't had a chance to obsess anyway. I'm working on our FE gifts right now, since there are tornado warnings and we are hanging out in the basement.

Laurie

Was working @ OSU when the storm came through! Where in Ohio are you? Sounds like we are close!

Bravo to Vicki! Thanks so much for organizing our FE this cruise. It is much appreciated and we are all looking forward to it!

We leave in 12 days and cant wait!

Looking forward to meeting you all poolside at 3pm!!!

Vicki, you are the best for organizing and keeping track of all the participants!!

Many Thanks

Spring Break by d2stobb, on Flickr

Thanks Vicki!

Cannot wait to meet everyone in 15 days!

Is anyone dressing up for Pirate's Night? My "men" have pirate themed shirts, but I was not able to find anything for me...maybe I'll find something on the ship...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter