April 5, 2008 7 Night Western

Welcome back everyone! Now real life begins again. I did not meet any of you but my dh chatted for quite a while with Metzfan64 and her dh.

We did not rebook again onboard but we did join DVC!

Hope everyone had a magical cruise and a safe trip home. I only met a few of you, but thanks to everyone for the fish extender gifts. My ds & dd & dn's looked forward to the treats each day. We all loved the magnets & other gifts.

We did not rebook, but are looking at the same time in 2010.

Ann Marie

Hey all...We had a great time and thought about booking again, but held off. We are glad to have been able to meet many of you...JK8, I'm sorry I didn't get to meet you too! DH and I had a great time talking with your DH on CC...How was your anniversary dinner at Palo?

Hey there NenaCruise...we had so much fun the first night at Rockin' Bar D during the Magic Quest Scavenger Hunt...so glad we teamed up together since you pretty much had everything they asked for in your purse and your mom was such a good sport to provide the rest (ha ha)...

Also wanted to thank Kimlam for organizing our 3pm meet that gave many of us an opportunity to say hi before the start of the cruise...

Anybody feel like sharing their highlights of the cruise?

I had so much fun getting to know most of you. Metzfan64 so happened to be seated in the table next to us:) My fav. time was the Magic Quest...that was so much fun. I never thought my mom would show her false teeth:)LOL...

My fav excursion was the pirate encounter in Cayman...Oh yeah and the doplphin encounter but realistically I did not like Key West much

We had a great cruise! Thanks to kimlam for the bubbles -- DD LOVED them! Unfortunately we were late to the meet and didn't meet many folks before being blown away.

I tried finding you Yonkrs girl and met someone on a tram at Castaway Cay who was traveling with you -- but never did catch up with you! Sorry.

We got way more sun than I expected. I kept my kids covered in sunscreen and rash guards, but we are still pink from all of our beach trips.

Of all the ports, I just like Castaway Cay the best. I didn't rebook on this trip, but I really must book one of those double-dip cruises some day.

We missed the pirate party completely. My kids passed out and I was in bed listening to the fireworks. Was it a fun party?

Welcome to DVC jk8! Did you buy at SSR? That is one of our home resorts.

Thanks for the welcome to DVC Kim. We did buy at SSR to get the double points. I am not that crazy about AKL. I would have considered buying VWL points but no incentives for those.

Metzfan, we did enjoy our Palo anniversary dinner. THe chocolate souffle was the highlight. Overall, though, I don't think we will go back to Palo. It is a little bit fancy and was a little long for us. It was nice to have the different flavors of food cuisine.

Nena, I did not really care for Key West either. If I went back to the keys I would focus on the nature aspects. I would have like to do the canoe in the mangroves.

I hope to do the Eastern again next time. I just enjoy all the time on board. I really don't care much for the ports although we had a nice snorkel on Caymen. I also agree that CC is the best. We had a nice shady spot under some trees. Ahhh, I wish I was there right now.

Hello to everyone that is suffering from Cruise withdrawl this week. What a fab cruise it was!! Only met a few of you pretty much via my bud Monica (aka yonkersgirl). Thanks for all the great FE gifts! Esp love the magnets that are now firmly planted on our fridge to always remind us of the magical week!
Booked again for 9/19/09. Hope to see some of you again on future Dis cruises!

Hi Everybody,
It has been a tough few days! I cried at dinner Friday night after the parade of Baked Alaskas. Our servers were so good to us.
I got teary in the show, at the Til We Meet Again at 10:15 (missed that packing last time),
Then when we were walking through deck 3 to leave Saturday I had the biggest lump in my throat and fought back tears all the way.

Am I crazy???? I wonder if anyone ever leaves another cruise-line's cruise teary!?!?

Last time we had decided that no matter what, we'd be back! We did not rebook on-board :sad2: , but after getting home and crunching numbers we were able to book this cruise. This time I am not so sure. We have been putting off a lot of things around the house. We are going to buy two cars within the year and the oldest will go to college in 09. I am not sure when we will get back. Today I thought about starting a small savings now with the new ship in 2010 (or is it 2011?) Since they will be out of Port C. for a while that is good for us and that would be a neat goal!:thumbsup2 . So we will see.

I will confess that I was the one called up in the second show to do the card trick with the duck. I was dying!! AND --real confession - - made to NO ONE BEFORE NOW INCLUDING DH!! The duck bit my arm as I was leaving :confused3 and I had a bruise the size of a quarter the rest of the cruise!:blush:

ANYWAY - it has been awesome!!

We loved all the surprises in our FE and my DD#3 enjoyed being delivery girl - I only had to do it twice! Met a guy in the hall, wanting to know what it was all about - told him about dis. I don't know know how anyone cruises DCL without the disboards!!??

(clipped)

We loved all the surprises in our FE and my DD#3 enjoyed being delivery girl - I only had to do it twice! Met a guy in the hall, wanting to know what it was all about - told him about dis. I don't know know how anyone cruises DCL without the disboards!!??

We had a sweet little girl in our hall ask her Daddy if someone was going to decorate her door too, so of course, we gave her a magnet. Over the week, we made a game of it, sneaking magnets on her door nearly every day. She sweetly wrote thank you notes. On the last night, I even hung a few goodies from her fish. It was so much fun! Her Dad caught me on the last night, and I told him about the disboards. You are right, Mom24, I don't know how anyone can plan a DC without the disboards!!

So sorry I met none of you! I looked around Deck 10 at 3, didn't remember which side, but saw no green Mickeys. (with our late flights, we barely made it on and thru lunch by 3.)

I will confess that I was the one called up in the second show to do the card trick with the duck. I was dying!! AND --real confession - - made to NO ONE BEFORE NOW INCLUDING DH!! The duck bit my arm as I was leaving :confused3 and I had a bruise the size of a quarter the rest of the cruise!:blush:

I saw you! I can't believe that cutey widdle duck bit you! Funny - yet, not -oww!

We filled out one of those rebooking cards inquiring about the 6/20/09 Tortola cruise...sat with the Castmember and she gave us the price, but I didn't re-book...

Came home and got a confirmation on this sailing asking us for the deposit...It seems that they booked us onboard without the deposit :confused3

So I'm basically figuring that this is some message to rebook, so I called and gave the deposit...right now we are tentively booked for the 6/20/09 Eastern to Tortola, but I think we will change it...hopefully to one of the new ships:cool1:

We filled out one of those rebooking cards inquiring about the 6/20/09 Tortola cruise...sat with the Castmember and she gave us the price, but I didn't re-book...

Came home and got a confirmation on this sailing asking us for the deposit...It seems that they booked us onboard without the deposit :confused3

So I'm basically figuring that this is some message to rebook, so I called and gave the deposit...right now we are tentively booked for the 6/20/09 Eastern to Tortola, but I think we will change it...hopefully to one of the new ships:cool1:

We did not visit the rebook desk this time, but last time we did and got the same letter. They basically do that to give you a second chance. Pretty nice. I think we may have to look into going in the Summer next time as well. Sping Break falls near Easter for us the next two years and the prices and points are high.

This was our 4th cruise and I have never re-booked on board. My travel agent encouraged me to do so this time and to take advantage of the $200 on board credit.

Needless to say...we are heading to Saint Croix on October 10, 2009. Less than 18 months away :banana:

Kathy

Hi everyone! I can't believe we are all back home and the trip is over. It was raining here in Seattle when we landed. It was so much fun meeting you. My kids really enjoyed doing the fish extenders. They loved running up and down the halls delivering items and it was so much fun seeing all the surprises. Thanks for everything. We rebooked onboard - a double dip Aug 22nd & 29th. Eeek! We've never done anything like that before, but we are really excited about it! So, I have to ask....where/how did you all make those cute magnets? I loved them!

Kim

Hi everyone! I can't believe we are all back home and the trip is over. It was raining here in Seattle when we landed. It was so much fun meeting you. My kids really enjoyed doing the fish extenders. They loved running up and down the halls delivering items and it was so much fun seeing all the surprises. Thanks for everything. We rebooked onboard - a double dip Aug 22nd & 29th. Eeek! We've never done anything like that before, but we are really excited about it! So, I have to ask....where/how did you all make those cute magnets? I loved them!

Kim
The magnets I made were SOOO easy! There is an Avery brand product sold at Walmart. It is sheets of magnet, that can be run thru a printer. I just picked out pictures on line, and ran them thru the printer. Cut and trim, and they are done.

Some others I ran on regular paper, got sheets of magnets that were stick on the other side. Those I laminated first, then stuck on the magnets.

Metzfan, we are also rebooked for June 20,2009. We also are not sure if we will keep it. Waiting to see what special cruises will show up on the 2010 lists. Still hoping for Alaska!

I really like the 6/20 itinerary, but I think we will go to WDW in June 09. I haven't been there since last May and I'm getting antsy. I will probably extend the cruise ressie out to Nov or Dec and then see what happens...

I really like the 6/20 itinerary, but I think we will go to WDW in June 09. I haven't been there since last May and I'm getting antsy. I will probably extend the cruise ressie out to Nov or Dec and then see what happens...
Shhh! Don't tell anyone...last time I was at WDW it was only the Magic Kingdom, not even Epcot yet. We may add that on next trip, if its not during the school year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter