April 5, 2008 7 Night Western

metzfan64---ressies for freedom I want to say start I think tomorrow 3/25.....I won't book till after we come back though:)LOL....

Gosh...I need to be wealthy because I love to cruise....I definitely see a Hawaii or European cruise in the future...just don't know when yet...I need to do my Eastern first:)LOL...

I wonder what it is like to fly and then cruise??? I'm not looking forward to flying....I haven't flew in 3 yrs...I always get butterflies in my stomach and stress out with only a 3 hr flight....How would I handle anything longer than that....ugggghhhh.....

I have my cruise count down in my classroom:) I keep saying...Arlene its only 11 more days to relaxation....Any chance the kids behaviors will change in class when they come back from spring break....Here we have only 45 school days left:) HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!

metzfan64---ressies for freedom I want to say start I think tomorrow 3/25.....I won't book till after we come back though:)LOL....

Gosh...I need to be wealthy because I love to cruise....I definitely see a Hawaii or European cruise in the future...just don't know when yet...I need to do my Eastern first:)LOL...

I wonder what it is like to fly and then cruise??? I'm not looking forward to flying....I haven't flew in 3 yrs...I always get butterflies in my stomach and stress out with only a 3 hr flight....How would I handle anything longer than that....ugggghhhh.....

I have my cruise count down in my classroom:) I keep saying...Arlene its only 11 more days to relaxation....Any chance the kids behaviors will change in class when they come back from spring break....Here we have only 45 school days left:) HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am not exactly sure on our number of school days left...pretty close to yours tho. We have a teacher retiring at the end of the year, and last time she mentioned it, it was 55. I wish I could keep a countdown at school! I am in 3 different rooms. We do have disney stuff everywhere, tho! One of my students is going on a make a wish trip to DW in May.

Looks like the weather forcast is staying above freezing for the next 10 days. Only 12 to go, so we need to keep snow, ice, and freezing rain out of the forecast!!! That is my greatest fear! Not being able to get to the airport, or to take off due to the weather!!

Gee, I just composed a message and when i went to add a smiley the whole thing disseapeared!! I guess I will condense it :goodvibes
I packed the first suitcase, putting the door magnet on top, all wrapped in bubble wrap. I tried to post a pic and just cannot do it (yet). I sure hope it make it w/o bending. I made if from a mailing box i got at the post office with Mickey on a red background and decorated that with "stuff" and put our names on it (hoping it stays ours)
Does anyone stop for wine on the way to the ship? Any suggestions? We will stay at the Hyatt and have a driver for the trip to port (will take bus back), so can ask him to stop somewhere. I read somewhere about a big chain of liquor stores (think first 3 letters of alphabet).
We have our green mickey's and look forward to the 3pm meet.

Lynne (ME), DH Dennis, Grandsons Ben 10 and Jeremy 12

Just make sure if you are bringing wine on board that you carry it on and not put it in your suitcase...if you can't find a place to buy on the way to the port, I'm sure there is somewhere in Key West it can be found...

We set our countdown clock for Friday; since we leave then we like to look at it as the start of our vacation. Either way we are all close to single digit time. :cool1: I started packing this last weekend. I'm looking out the window now and it is snowiing, blowing 45 mph winds, and so gray. Can't wait for that warmth and sunshine!

There's a Publix on A1A where you can pick up some before you board but I would not worry about it til Key West. I know CVS sells wine. ALso, check at the airport.

I am looking forward to it....just read a thread that people missed Grand Cayman today:( because of rough seas...I want nice and pleasant seas for our week!!!!!!

It was really cold down here today...not normal weather for this time of year. I had to wear my leather this morning for bus duty. My hands felt like popsicles.

Is anyone still looking to book Palo? I just checked and there is some availability on Wed. night. I went ahead and booked it, but I might change since that is Pirate Night.

No no no - we *can't* have freezing weather! I packed for sun! I only included one set of warm clothes.

Kim

Florida is fickle when it comes to weather. It can be cold today....maybe not cold by your standards....but cold for my thin blood LOL....however...it can be in the 80s the next day. I think its supposed to cool through this week...It will be great for us...just keep your fingers crossed....besides we're on vacation HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like most, i check the weather forecast at least daily and today was the 15 day available for PC, the day we sail, and it looks wonderful. sunny/78.
I have no clothes for cold weather. Those of us from chicago/midwest are delighted to see 65, but look forward to the HEAT (although not constantly, for me....I like the airconditioning available to cool off when nec.)
We were on Wonder 2 yrs ago and never even wished we had a sweater, so i am thinking it will be the same, and if not, i will buy a sweatshirt or something.
Lynne

It's -25'C here today...not sure what that converts to in 'F but it's really cold so anything will seem really warm to us. I'm just glad that I will be away to miss that horrible phase when the snow melts and everything is wet and muddy...I's much rather have my feet in sandals than rain boots!!:umbrella:

78 sounds fabulous!

So I have to ask - How many bags/suitcases are you bringing? Right now we have 4, plus a car seat, a stroller and 3 carry ons! I'm hoping to be able to store the stroller and car seat at the rental office.

Kim

78 sounds fabulous!

So I have to ask - How many bags/suitcases are you bringing? Right now we have 4, plus a car seat, a stroller and 3 carry ons! I'm hoping to be able to store the stroller and car seat at the rental office.

Kim
I'm hoping for one carry on each, plus one large suitcase, and a tote. We'll see.......

I think 2 large suitcase and a carry on for each. Since we are 3 people we may end up bringing 3 depending on weight. I don't want to have to pay a pentalty for being overweight on bags.

We have 3 suitcases and 2 carryons....I packed a large tote for souvenirs. I am looking forward to it. Goshh 25C....I used to live in NY and I know what its like but trust me I don't miss it.

So what do you all plan on doing as soon as you get on the ship? I plan on going to the buffet and watching Josh at the pool while I sip my drink of the day. Then I'll head over to the room and put my magnets up and fishextender. Hopefully the bags don't take long to come to our room. In my last cruises, it usually arrived for us after the boat drill... We'll then go up for the meet and greet before heading back to get our vests for the boat drill:) ....Then party party for the sail-away...go back and change for the show and then off to dinner...party party party....oh yeah did I forget that somewhere in that process Josh will go to the Oceaneers Lab to meet kids:) as well as hang out with me and my mom. HUGS talk to you all laterz.

We're taking 3 large suitcases and a carry on each...I also want to make sure that I don;t go over the wt limit so we might as well take as many as we can!!

Even those of us traveling to MCO the day of the cruise are on single digits now!!!!

Way too much luggage, as always. I have a 28", DH has a 26", I have another packed with shoes, and stuff and the door magnet, probably a 26". That is a start. The boys will have a duffle bag and a 26" suitcase. On top of that we will each have a carry-on. and i will have a tote-like purse.
A few years ago I went to Provence with a friend (whose husband rented her a house for her 50th for a month). I came back to the states by myself and had a large and a medium suitcase, a rolling tote, a bag with a few unpackable souveniers and my purse. I could not/would not do it again. At the (high speed) train station in Paris, there were no elevators to go up to the taxi level and i had to manage all that on an escalator. Sure wish i had a photo of that!

I seem to need lots of extra stuff, not just clothes. If it were just clothes, i would be okay, i think.
It is lousy here in Chicago (weatherwise), rain and snow, grey at 3pm so need the lights on inside.
ONE WEEK FROM TOMORROW WE LEAVE!!!! One week from saturday we wave good bye

Lynne

As much luggage as will fit in our van w/luggage carrier. Close to 12 pieces or more.
Oldest DDs and I each have the huge size (I don't know the ")(3). I have a older large one full of junk - little fan, power strip, electric alarm clock , two folding laundry baskets, laundry supplies, instant ice packs and instant heat patches, grass mats (serious sand castle builders - 6 hours with knees in the sand can do a lot of damage,) fish extender gifts, door magnets, etc.
We have a draw-string mesh beach-bag with beach stuff and 2 extra, empty duffel bags. 2 Garment Bags, and at least 4 smaller (carry-on) rolling bags, a rolling duffel for my carry-on. That is 12 I think and there may be more.:scared1:

We have 3 suitcases and 2 carryons....I packed a large tote for souvenirs.

So what do you all plan on doing as soon as you get on the ship? I plan on going to the buffet and watching Josh at the pool while I sip my drink of the day. Then I'll head over to the room and put my magnets up and fishextender. Hopefully the bags don't take long to come to our room. In my last cruises, it usually arrived for us after the boat drill... We'll then go up for the meet and greet before heading back to get our vests for the boat drill:) ....Then party party for the sail-away...go back and change for the show and then off to dinner...party party party....oh yeah did I forget that somewhere in that process Josh will go to the Oceaneers Lab to meet kids:) as well as hang out with me and my mom. HUGS talk to you all laterz.

AND NenaCruise - that is pretty much my day too - except I am thinking that I may not make the meet at 3:00. We hope to be on-board by 12:00. We'll be near the Mickey and or Goofy until around 2:00-2:30, head to our cabins, put away our carry-ons and hope that some luggage has arrived. I don't think I could get away by 3:00. We have several other places on-board we want to walk by before the drill.

SO NJMomma, I am counting on you to leave a sticky on my door of your cabin number!! We're in 7505.

I can't believe that we'll be loading the car at this time next week! Oh I have soooo much to do!

Here is the list I mentioned a long time back with the FE cabins in deck order.

Let me know if I made a mistake! It might have been easier with cabin # first BUT I'VE RUN OUT OF TIME FOR TOINGHT!

Room Numbers for Fish Extenders:

NJMomma -------------TBD DH, DS(9), DD(5) (Please leave a sticky on our door (7505) when you get the number.:thumbsup2

cruisedis05------------2618 DH, DD(14), DD(6)

Nena Cruise - --------5627 (3ppl) Arlene, DS10, Mom

YonkersGirl-----------6064 (2A, 2C) DH, DS(8), DD(5)

YonkersGirl friends----6066 (2A, 1C) Debby, DH, DD(6)

Mom24Princesses----7507 DD (8), DD (10), DD(14), D(16)
7505 Melanie & DH ( I don't have a FE for us)

morgy827-----------7567 & DH

sunshine state kim--7618 & 7619 DH, DD(13), DS(10)

dmi188-------------7621 & DH

kimlam1------------8002 (2A, 3C)

AnnMarie3----------8072 & 8074. DH, DS(12), DD(4), DB(50), DSIL(43), DN(7), DN(4 1/2)

My folks are in 8102.

Melanie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter