April 5, 2008 7 Night Western

Hi I have not been on in a while...got my lime green mickey's ready....
got my suitcases sorta packed....got oh yeah my documents on Fri. 3/14 from AAA...yippie.....I'm in 5627.....my name is Arlene, my son Josh is 10, and my mom, Ana is 71. I made my fish extender last night....it was a challenge but I think it looks cute....I also made my door magnets....I am so excited....I just had to stop by yesterday to see the MAGIC leave....counting down the days....our state just went through FCAT testing and we still have it this week....can't wait to leave all my students behind:)LOL.....

Anyways, it seems like we have a few people staying locally.....I wanted to place a reservation at Fishlips for Friday night...I'm afraid I might be the only one with my son.....is anyone planning on it? I'm for sure meeting at 3pm:) Let me know for a head count....HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!

sunshine state kim---------------7618 and 7619

We have 2 rooms right across the hall from each other. I only have 1 fish extender with 4 pockets. I'll hang it outside room 7619. There are 4 of us on the cruise, me, DH, DD14 and DS10. 3 weeks to go!!

Hi Everyone!

Less than 3 weeks to go...we are almost there!:banana:

Since I have never done the Fish Extenders before, wanted to see what types of things some are planning (dont have to ruin the surprise or anything)...just like are you putting together a goody "bag" for each family or just putting little individual trinkets in, etc. I want to try to get my stuff this week so I can cross that off my list so any suggestions would be great!

Also, do we just put them in any day we want to?

Thanks so much!

Monica

Since I have never done the Fish Extenders before, wanted to see what types of things some are planning (dont have to ruin the surprise or anything)...just like are you putting together a goody "bag" for each family or just putting little individual trinkets in, etc. I want to try to get my stuff this week so I can cross that off my list so any suggestions would be great!
Also, do we just put them in any day we want to?

I've only done fish extenders once before and was also a little nervous about what to include. We were on one of the Med cruises and there were lots and lots of Disboard people. No one was assigned a specific day. Things just appeared randomly though the cruise. We got everything from door magnets to fun size M&Ms to safety pins to notepads. Some times it was 1 goodie for the whole family and sometimes it was a couple of things for the kids. No matter what, it was just fun to feel around in the pocket and come up with a prize. I have a little something I'll try to put in for each kid and something different for the kid-less rooms. I learned from my past cruise to keep it simple!:thumbsup2

No goody bags here! Just keeping it simple. I read people do a lot of pencils, pens, magnets, candy....just a little surprise.

Day of the cruise....Saturday morning about 9:30 am. Disney booked us on Delta, and they use pretty much all concourses! So I am glad we won't have to go too far!! Next time I will book my own flights, and go nonstop!!

I am sorry for that situation!! Good Luck with getting on into Orlando as quickly as possible. We'll say a little prayer that the weather is nice and clear. (Which is kind-of-wrong considering our "drought".)

IN CASE YOU ALL HAVE NOT READ THE NEW THREADS!!

Last week they started playing with the dinner rotations on the Magic!:scared1: :eek: :headache:

It seems they had rotations like LAAPLAP!
Sat - Rotation
Sun - Rotation
MON - IN THE SAME DINNING ROOM AS SUNDAY - MASTER CHEF MENU AND FORMAL NIGHT.
Tues - Rotation
Wed - Pirate Night
Thur - Semi-formal - Lobster
Fri - Til-We-Meet-Again

We booked Palo for Tuesday night thinking it was Master Chef night!!?!?!

Now I don't know what we'll do. AND this could all be different on the 5th.

I've only done fish extenders once before and was also a little nervous about what to include. We were on one of the Med cruises and there were lots and lots of Disboard people. No one was assigned a specific day. Things just appeared randomly though the cruise. We got everything from door magnets to fun size M&Ms to safety pins to notepads. Some times it was 1 goodie for the whole family and sometimes it was a couple of things for the kids. No matter what, it was just fun to feel around in the pocket and come up with a prize. I have a little something I'll try to put in for each kid and something different for the kid-less rooms. I learned from my past cruise to keep it simple!:thumbsup2

That sounds perfect - just what I was thinking but since I haven't done it before - just wanted to ask :)

Simple is best and I know that we will just enjoy seeing whatever fun surprise is there! That is great that we don't need a schedule - I just wasn't sure how it worked and wondered if there is supposed to be something every day or does it matter :confused3 Guess I am making more out of it but like I said - all new to me so just checking with those with experience :worship:

Thanks so much Kim & dmi! Looking forward to meeting you soon!
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Hi Everyone!

Just got off the phone with DCL after reading all of the info. about the Dining Rotation changes and they told me that they WILL be in place for our April 5th Cruise.

Here is what they gave me base on times...

5:30/8:00 - LAAPLAP
5:45/8:15 - APPLAPL
6:00/8:30 - PLLAPLA

Formal Night is the 3rd Night, Pirate Night the 5th Night and Semi-Formal the 6th Night.

Not sure if those will be the same for sure but from what they told me they will be and she said this was done to make it easier on guests. Just thought I would pass it along. I am going to be calling back tomorrow to take care of my Cabin Gifts, etc. so I am going to ask again :-)

Have a great night!

Monica

Sounds like the only real change is that 3rd rotational and master chef are switched, right? I'm not going to worry about it! I am happy they didn't change Pirate night! That's when I booked Palo.

Not worrying too much about the flight in. Since we booked it with DCL, they must be fairly sure of these flights.

I am just so stressed at work (teacher's aide in primary special ed) right now, that I need this vacation badly! It can't come soon enough!!

IN CASE YOU ALL HAVE NOT READ THE NEW THREADS!!

Last week they started playing with the dinner rotations on the Magic!:scared1: :eek: :headache:

It seems they had rotations like LAAPLAP!
Sat - Rotation
Sun - Rotation
MON - IN THE SAME DINNING ROOM AS SUNDAY - MASTER CHEF MENU AND FORMAL NIGHT.
Tues - Rotation
Wed - Pirate Night
Thur - Semi-formal - Lobster
Fri - Til-We-Meet-Again

We booked Palo for Tuesday night thinking it was Master Chef night!!?!?!

Now I don't know what we'll do. AND this could all be different on the 5th.

Ok...we are booked for Palo on Tuesday nite also. My brain is fried and I'm getting so very confused :confused3 ...why is this potentially bad with the new rotation? Please help me understand....

Ok...we are booked for Palo on Tuesday nite also. My brain is fried and I'm getting so very confused :confused3 ...why is this potentially bad with the new rotation? Please help me understand....

Its only bad if you had your heart set on seeing all three main dining restaurants the first time thru. For instance, if that is the night you first go to Animators Palate, and they have the show. Or if you SO hate the Master Chef menu, and were trying to avoid it. Otherwise, not a big deal.

Well, I am an over stress-er. I wanted Palo on Master Chef night (Tues.) so we would not miss a rotation room/menu. For example, we are not like most folks, we like Parrot Cay best. Now we don't know which dinning room rotation we'd be missing on Tuesday. Luck of the rotation draw.:confused3

This is probably too much for most folks to care about but . . .
under the new plan . .
LAAPLAP (AP for Formal, L for Pirate Night and AP for Semi-F)
APPLAPL (PC for Formal, AP for Pirate Night and PC for Semi-F)
PLLAPLA (L for Formal, PC for Pirate Night and L for Semi-F)

Under the old plan you would not be "stuck" in PC for F and SF nights, nor would you be so lucky to get L for both either.

Your question was "...why is this potentially bad with the new rotation?" Tuesday night is a "rotation" night and we'd miss that special menu/"show" (like AP). Now there is no night I want to miss. :confused:

I am not really as troubled as I sound. I decided last night to get over it and we just might not do Palo Dinner. :sad1: It will not spoil the week - that's for sure.

On our Eastern we had L for Formal, PC for Pirate Night and AP for Semi-F, perfect IMHO.

It's all good, I am just glad I know now and am not surprised at boarding.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
I'm sitting here looking at these AP L PC SF F and wonder :confused: what the heck and I just laugh :rotfl: at all the letters. if you came on here and didn't know what it all meant you may just think we are a bit weird.:banana:

This is my first Disney cruise and if I had never come on these boards I would never know that there was any need to stress over what rotation I would be getting. From this moment on I am determined to be happy with whatever rotation I get. I know I will have a great time no matter what restaurant I am in on any night. I think we are all over thinking this change on rotation and just need to remember how exciting it is to be going on a Disney cruise in the first place.

Now if I would just get my cruise documents I would be even more excited!!

Only 17 more sleeps!!

At this point I am sort of happy I did not book Palo"s LOL...tomorrow is the last day of state testing...is it about 17 days till our cruise???? HUGS!!!!!!!!! Stay positive...we'll all have a great time...things have a way of working themselves out...

DH and I have Palo booked for Tuesday night as well.

Just hope the rotation works itself out too. We are just so excited

and cant wait to board. :cool1:

16 days to go for the cruise and 9 days until we fly to Florida.

Just an fyi for any of you all that are considering bringing your own on board...there is a recent thread that indicates that shipped boxes are no longer being accepted or any liquid (alcohol or otherwise) that is found in checked luggage will be confiscated...looks like bringing it in a carry-on is still ok...didn't know if this is an issue for anyone, so figured I'd pass along...

Update: As of this evening they are back to allowing 1 package per stateroom as long as it doesn't contain food or beverages...ok to carry on beverages...

so do we have a final count for the fish extenders? I want to finish buying the stuff so I can check that off my list of things to do. And are we just doing it when ever we want? I think I may need a bag just for the fish extender stuff I got.:rotfl:

I can't believe almost 2 weeks!!!:banana: :banana:
Anyone else staying at the Radisson the night before?

I think the fish extender list is correct. Please let me know if I need to update anything.

Thanks!
Kim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter