April 3, 2014 Disney Dream - 3 night Bahama cruise thread

Here are our names for the FE

Allison and Jeremy (adults)
Ethan and Maddie (kids)

Thanks so much!
Allison

I'm getting so excited about our upcoming trip! We have had a major snow and ice storm this week and I have been spending lots of time on the Dis and Internet planning and dreaming about how much fun we are going to have.

47 days till our cruise :)
Will be nice to escape this winter!!!
It has been so cold here in Minnesota and crazy snow/ice throughout the USA. Hopefully it ends soon.
Have a great weekend everyone!

Planning on a cut-off date for joining the Fish Extender of March 15th. That way people will have just over 2 weeks to get things organized. Let me know if you still want to joint. Thanks!

Planning on a cut-off date for joining the Fish Extender of March 15th. That way people will have just over 2 weeks to get things organized. Let me know if you still want to joint. Thanks!

That sounds great! I have been working on ideas. Do any of the men in the group NOT drink? I don't want to offend anyone by giving alcohol if someone does not drink.

Hoping to give things that people will either use or be able to display later on.

This is my first FE and I'm really excited!

For those that have been on several cruises please post those most haves to pack (not the basics like clothes and shoes but the things that make the trip easier).

Also, I ordered a Diaper Bundle from Babies Travel Lite to be delivered to our hotel room and then one to be sent to the cruise ship. I thought this might be better then having to back 10 days of diapers, wipes, bags, changing pads, etc. in our luggage.

I placed an order for a Gift Basket to be delivered for my family by The Perfect Gift. I have used them before and loved it.

I have ordered magnets for our door and our FE. We are currently working on FE gifts. All on-line check in has been completed, trip is paid for, working on getting gift cards for the kids.

Anything else I am forgetting to do that would add a touch of magic to our trip?

Thanks so much! Look forward to counting down the final days with everyone. There is also a FB page that is really cool for this cruise if anyone wants to check it out.

Allison

I would say that I have always over packed. It's amazing how much time I spend in a swim suit( which is unusual!) make sure you leave room in luggage for souvenirs. A wine opener is a must if your bringing wine onboard. And tennis shoes! It's a boat but you'll be amazed how much you walk!

Procrastinator here :wave2: we would like to join the FE group.
Dd : Kate (8) Dd: Caroline (4) Ds: Brady (3)
Bonnie (mom) Jeff (dad)
I will have to add our room number later.

I would say that I have always over packed. It's amazing how much time I spend in a swim suit( which is unusual!) make sure you leave room in luggage for souvenirs. A wine opener is a must if your bringing wine onboard. And tennis shoes! It's a boat but you'll be amazed how much you walk!

I have learned over the years about how much I over pack. My husband would layout everything we didn't touch and put it in one or two bags to prove to me we carried too much. So I have learned to down size when it comes to clothes and kids stuff.

I'm just worried that I am going to miss out on one of the secrets that add a little pixie dust to a trip.
LOL

Here is the latest FE list...closing date for the list March 15th. Hope everyone is doing well. This winter is starting to get to me! Living in Minneapolis has been very trying this year!!

Username Cabin Number in Cabin with kids ages/sex
(from FB or dboards)

xiphoid76 8680 2 adults (Michael, Donald), 2 kids (14 Spencer, 12 Jordan (boy))

xiphoid76 8678 3 adults(William, Dorothy, Marty), 1 kid (9 Michaela)

alayne 6656 2 adults (Allison, Jeremy), 2 kids (9 Ethan, 2 Maddie)

frozenfamily ______ 2 adults (Mike, Stacy, 2 kids (11 Jessica, 11 Amanda)

asummerlin1254 6110 2 adults (Keith, Amber), 3 kids (10 Cadance, 8 Cayla, 3 Carter)

west5fl 7178 2 adults( Traci, Troy), 3 kids (13 Kaitlyn, , 7 Evan, 5 Makenna)

Sean McTupper 2019 1 adult, 1 kid (6G)

Jcjones 6508 2 adults (Jennifer, Brian), 2 kids (7 Cooper, 3 Whitney)

beingcreative ______ 2 adults (Lauren, Douglas), 1 kid (8 Cooper)

Sendeks 6012 3 adults (Joe, Melissa, Bev), 1 kid (11 Jacob)

Rowe3fl ______ 2 adults, 1 kid (14B)

Laffeygirl ______ 1 adult, 2 kids (15, 15 boys)

Disfansforever ______ 2 adults (Bonnie, Jeff), 3 kids (8 Kate, 4 Caroline, 3 Brady)

We are right there with you!! We live up here NW of the cities too. I wonder why I am spending so much time dreaming about this cruise?

Hello! Joining this cruise! We are sailing for the 7 th time 3 rd on dream. I have 5 kids 15 dd 12ds11ds 10 dd and 2 dd. my 15 yr old is nervous about being by herself in teen club. Anyone w a daughter same age? She will go to the plan your cruise activity, but teen girls like to move in packs:)
Hi, We too, are on the Dream 4/3/14 sailing. We have a 14 year old daughter that won't know anyone either. Maybe they can email each other and say hello.Also,I don't know anything about fish extenders and I'm sure what the point is. But we do like to meet new people and relax over cocktails!
We're not on Facebook, so what do we do?
Thanks

To Jhelms< I can't PM you back because I haven't posted 10 times yet, but my daughter sent a note to yours. Should be fun!
To Xiphoid76, what exactly do you do when you join a fish extender? I guess I'm a little slow...

Hi xiphoid76,
I read the FE link and it sounds like fun. They say that if the group is large it will be divided. I ask because we're flying with carry-ons only and have limited space. Can you tell me how many people in the group and if you will keep it together? Also, we like to pin trade. Do you know if they trade on the ships and if they make acceptable FE gifts? As you can tell, we're real newbies! Thanks again!

We are booked and PIF for this cruise. We would love to be in the FE!!

I think we are in 9030.

Me (Heather), DH (Chris) & DD (Reagan - 7)

No plans to split the fish extender into 2 groups. I think we will stay one nice sized group. We toyed with carry on only, but quickly abandoned with change for dinner clothes, bathing suits, fish extenders and shoes :). Will close FE group on 3/15.

I started a big box in my living room for all the things I have been collecting for our trip. I can't wait to get back to Disney and have some fun.

We would like to join the FE. We are Me (Christie), DH (Ben), Gabe (13) and Cate (10). We are in cabin 11020.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter