April 29, 2012 ~ Aloha! ~ Wonder to Hawaii- who is with me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are doing a 7 day WDW Vacation this October. Would it be worth it to even think about going to DL before the cruise? I have never bee to DL only WDW, so not sure how the 2 compare. I would hate to spend the time and money to go to a park (s) our first time in Cali, only to be dissappointed because I have been spoiled by WDW. I think we are flying in Friday morning, and just would like to know if the time would be better spent sight seeing other places.:confused:

Well I think DL is totally worth seeing. See here are the two reasons. First off the Size of DL park itself. We have way more rides than the MK at WDW. Second remember this is the only park Walt walked in. Nothing beats the original.

Absolutely do not miss DL. I love WDW and being on the east coast it's the park I can visit more often, but like Alan said nothing beats the original. I'm really looking forward to spending some time there either before or after this cruise.

Well the the main enterance is under constuction now as is the front of the park. The Paradise Pier section of the park will finnaly be complete on July 1, and then of course Cars Land is still about a year away. I belive June of next year. All in all this will finally be a great Disney Theme park. Just took them 11 years to get it right.

Aw nuts! No chance that Cars Land will be open at the end of June?!? Looks like we may have to make another stop to DL in summer 2012!:rolleyes1

We are doing a 7 day WDW Vacation this October. Would it be worth it to even think about going to DL before the cruise? I have never bee to DL only WDW, so not sure how the 2 compare. I would hate to spend the time and money to go to a park (s) our first time in Cali, only to be dissappointed because I have been spoiled by WDW. I think we are flying in Friday morning, and just would like to know if the time would be better spent sight seeing other places.:confused:

Well I think DL is totally worth seeing. See here are the two reasons. First off the Size of DL park itself. We have way more rides than the MK at WDW. Second remember this is the only park Walt walked in. Nothing beats the original.

Absolutely do not miss DL. I love WDW and being on the east coast it's the park I can visit more often, but like Alan said nothing beats the original. I'm really looking forward to spending some time there either before or after this cruise.

Absolutely agree with both. We love WDW - in fact, we are there right now!!! :woohoo: But, DL is Walt's park. There is attention to detail there that you just don't find at the other parks. Do not miss it if you get the chance. DL is our favorite park, while WDW is our favorite destination...if that makes sense.

You should go to DL!!!!!

We went over to LA about 14 years ago and stayed in Anaheim, but we didn't fancy DL at all. There was only the one park there then so slightly more understandable.We went up to Universal and Five Flags for the big rides.

When we did the PC cruise in 2008, I had a massive job convincing John to stay at DL for a few days after the cruise, but managed, and we both fell in love with it. For some reason there is some magic about it, plus there are so many other little places to wander and visit in there too.

We have been back again this year, and hopefully if we make this cruise we will be there again for a few days.

You have NOT to compare it to WDW though, although at times you can forget where you are.

Well the the main enterance is under constuction now as is the front of the park. The Paradise Pier section of the park will finnaly be complete on July 1, and then of course Cars Land is still about a year away. I belive June of next year. All in all this will finally be a great Disney Theme park. Just took them 11 years to get it right.

Aw nuts! No chance that Cars Land will be open at the end of June?!? Looks like we may have to make another stop to DL in summer 2012!:rolleyes1

I too love DL, there is something magical about it.

I also like CA and am thrilled about the additions. WoC is simply amazing!

I can't wait to go again... 45 sleeps to go!

As others have said - if you have not been to DL, you should not miss it!!! We are planning a few days there after the cruise, so that we can be there during the week rather than the weekend (usually less crowded during the week). You only need a couple of days to see it completely - just 2 parks as opposed to 4.

Absolutely agree with both. We love WDW - in fact, we are there right now!!! :woohoo: But, DL is Walt's park. There is attention to detail there that you just don't find at the other parks. Do not miss it if you get the chance. DL is our favorite park, while WDW is our favorite destination...if that makes sense.

Makes perfect sense!.. Thanks to all for the input..I think that we will add DL to our pre-cruise itenerary..

Any more ideas or info about a group rate for pre-cruise lodging? I know that we will be staying 2 nights before.:idea:

welcome back Krisann-
As far as DL - to me anthing Disney is worth seeing. We did it on the PC is 2008 and again in 2011 . hoep to do a few days before and after Hawaii

welcome back Krisann-
As far as DL - to me anthing Disney is worth seeing. We did it on the PC is 2008 and again in 2011 . hoep to do a few days before and after Hawaii

Agreed. Anything Disney is worth seeing for us, too! :thumbsup2 I have to be honest, that as a child we always went to WDW. Jason's first Disney trip was with me after we first got together just over 8 years ago and that, too, was to WDW (and that led, of course to multiple DCL cruises, owning two DVC's, annual passes at WDW and many many trips there). Neither he nor I had ever even been to DL until our first trip in 2007....and then our second trip was this past April before the LA repo/Alaska cruise. I guess I differ from many in that I still love WDW best----probably because that is the park at which I have the longest and fondest memories (and, if for no other reason, than because of Animal Kingdom----far and away my favorite park). That said, however, we do love DisneyLand and we even like California Adventure. We, too, are looking forward to spending a night or two there before the Hawaii Cruise (can't wait to see the improvements at CA and see WOC again).

Agreed. Anything Disney is worth seeing for us, too! :thumbsup2 I have to be honest, that as a child we always went to WDW. Jason's first Disney trip was with me after we first got together just over 8 years ago and that, too, was to WDW (and that led, of course to multiple DCL cruises, owning two DVC's, annual passes at WDW and many many trips there). Neither he nor I had ever even been to DL until our first trip in 2007....and then our second trip was this past April before the LA repo/Alaska cruise. I guess I differ from many in that I still love WDW best----probably because that is the park at which I have the longest and fondest memories (and, if for no other reason, than because of Animal Kingdom----far and away my favorite park). That said, however, we do love DisneyLand and we even like California Adventure. We, too, are looking forward to spending a night or two there before the Hawaii Cruise (can't wait to see the improvements at CA and see WOC again).

I didn't say I preferred DL over WDW, just the opposite actually, but it really was a wonderful surprise and I think shouldn't be overlooked if you are close by.

I didn't say I preferred DL over WDW, just the opposite actually, but it really was a wonderful surprise and I think shouldn't be overlooked if you are close by.

No, I know...I wasn't referring to you or anyone on this board specifically....I just meant to reference the fact that I know many people have a preference of one coast's park or the other....and those preferences are often deeply personal to them. I think it's very often linked to which park you have the most/best/earliest memories from.....and I also know that many, many people feel the way some as some our fellow posters here on the boards do----that there is something extra special about the fact that DL is the original Disney park and that it is truly "Walt's park" since it's the park he was so intimately involved in the creation of---and I totally get that. It's something I gained an even greater appreciation for having the chance to visit the Walt Disney Family Museum on our recent trip to the San Francisco area (on the LA repo).

So I definitely agree that it's wonderful and shouldn't be overlooked if you are close by----I might even suggest that planning a trip specifically to DisneyLand even if you're NOT going to be passing by the Anaheim area should on every hardcore Disney fan's bucket list....because it is a very cool and special place! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

(In fact, Jason and I would love to one day visit ALL the Disney parks worldwide----but in order to save the $$ to do that we'd need to stop taking all these darn cruises!! :lmao::lmao:)

No, I know...I wasn't referring to you or anyone on this board specifically....I just meant to reference the fact that I know many people have a preference of one coast's park or the other....and those preferences are often deeply personal to them. I think it's very often linked to which park you have the most/best/earliest memories from.....and I also know that many, many people feel the way some as some our fellow posters here on the boards do----that there is something extra special about the fact that DL is the original Disney park and that it is truly "Walt's park" since it's the park he was so intimately involved in the creation of---and I totally get that. It's something I gained an even greater appreciation for having the chance to visit the Walt Disney Family Museum on our recent trip to the San Francisco area (on the LA repo).

For me it's also the only park that Walt actually knew & walked around in <---- that gives me chills :goodvibes I have Club 33 on my bucket list (and am ubber jealous that you guys got to go!!

(In fact, Jason and I would love to one day visit ALL the Disney parks worldwide----but in order to save the $$ to do that we'd need to stop taking all these darn cruises!! :lmao::lmao:)

AMEN!!! Ain't that the truth! :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

So I definitely agree that it's wonderful and shouldn't be overlooked if you are close by----I might even suggest that planning a trip specifically to DisneyLand even if you're NOT going to be passing by the Anaheim area should on every hardcore Disney fan's bucket list....because it is a very cool and special place! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I will always prefer WDW for a variety of reasons and it is so much more of a destination in itself. I don't think I fancy the other parks and have no desire to bo(other than DL again of course). Though, we have been to Disneyland Paris, but didn't like it too much. I guess that was more to do with where it is, some of the people working there, the smoking everywhere, and the inability of some folk there to understand what a queue is!:mad: The castle is the most beautiful of the 3 I have seen though.

I will always prefer WDW for a variety of reasons and it is so much more of a destination in itself. I don't think I fancy the other parks and have no desire to bo(other than DL again of course). Though, we have been to Disneyland Paris, but didn't like it too much. I guess that was more to do with where it is, some of the people working there, the smoking everywhere, and the inability of some folk there to understand what a queue is!:mad: The castle is the most beautiful of the 3 I have seen though.

Yeah, I've heard mixed reviews of Paris myself. I'd probably go to say at least that I had done it. (Plus I've never been to Paris at all...so I'd squeeze in all the obligatory Paris tourist stuff, too!;)) I have heard amazing things about Tokyo Disney Sea, though, so I'd love to visit that someday!

Yeah, I've heard mixed reviews of Paris myself. I'd probably go to say at least that I had done it. (Plus I've never been to Paris at all...so I'd squeeze in all the obligatory Paris tourist stuff, too!;)) I have heard amazing things about Tokyo Disney Sea, though, so I'd love to visit that someday!

I would still say go to Disneyland Paris. It does have a lot going for it and I know others who love it.:confused3 You can walk from the main park to the Studios which is nice, and the top Disney hotel there is right at the park gates. But, it (Disneyland Hotel) is massively expensive. When we went there wasn't much at the Studios but they have added a few good rides/attractions there now.

We are in the same boat as some... never been to disneyland, but plan on flying out 2 days before cruise and packing in both parks on Saturday the 28th...cant take any more time than that, but have to see it while we are in Cali!

We have also been to Disneyland Paris and liked it. It was the first Disney park we went to together, so that is always fun. We stayed in Paris and just took the train there and back, it was the Sunday before Halloween and it was very busy! If you are in Paris, head out there, you dont have to stay on property....but we didnt get to the studio's side.

That makes complete sence to me as could not agree with you more.

We are in the same boat as some... never been to disneyland, but plan on flying out 2 days before cruise and packing in both parks on Saturday the 28th...cant take any more time than that, but have to see it while we are in Cali!

We have also been to Disneyland Paris and liked it. It was the first Disney park we went to together, so that is always fun. We stayed in Paris and just took the train there and back, it was the Sunday before Halloween and it was very busy! If you are in Paris, head out there, you dont have to stay on property....but we didnt get to the studio's side.

The same for me... I have the time to take, but, would rather have SOME vacation time left after the cruise! Luckily having been here at my company 17 years I have over 5 weeks of vacation, but really hate to use almost 3 of it in the first quarter of the year. So, we are just going to have to deal with a couple days to "landcation" before we "seacation". (and here's hoping that I still have my job for an 18th year). So, we will have to pack our DL experience into maybe a day and a half, depending on when we are able to get flights into LAX on that Friday.:cool1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter