April 29, 2012 ~ Aloha! ~ Wonder to Hawaii- who is with me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I showed some photos of the Big Island from the air, I thought I'd give you a sample of Hawai'i Volcanoes National Park from the ground:

6f19f54e.jpg

Thurston Lava Tube (underground "tubes" formed by molten lava)

6cbdf7c4.jpg

4a77e5ae.jpg

0614d86c.jpg

490571a3.jpg

f5504e07.jpg

Followed the wild chickens while hiking on a trail not too far from the caldera:

6624c198.jpg

338b541f.jpg

Valbob, did you put that design in Cafe press or something? I love it on the tshirt.

I copied the image to photoshop and then to flicker. From there I brought a copy over to Vista Print and viewed and copied their preview of the image on a shirt. That is the copy I saved and posted. I've saved the image on Vista to my account should I want to order anything with the image on it. I did this on another cruise with an image someone else had posted, one of many we used for different things on the WBTA. After buying what I wanted, and paying for the setup charges, I contacted Vista and cleared with them setting up the account with a generic sign-on and the DISboard as the account name. This way people could order, pay with their own card (info not saved) and their own mailing address, without paying the setup charges.

Vista is on e-bates, currently giving 5% back, and frequently offers discounts. The shirts are offered today for $7.50 with free shipping, but that changes all the time. If you haven't ordered from Vista, the quality of the shirts and printing is good, average. I have washed the shirts and they do fine. My experience with their customer service has been great. One order I was not pleased with the quality of the printing. I called them and they rushed me out 4 new shirts, at no charge, with no problem.

I love the design..I also second vista print ...great service and tee shirt quality is pretty good washes up much better than iron on tee transfers...

Ziplining in Ka'anapali, Maui with Skyline Eco Adventures. This is in the West Maui Mountains, near Lahaina, about 27 miles (45 minutes) from our port at Kahului.

These are from a March trip, during the dry season. The island seen across the water is Molokai (home of Father Damien's colony for those afflicted with Hansen's Disease - Leprosy).

It looks great ... we may well zip again, we had such a great time doing it in Mexico. The Father Damien museum in Waikiki is interesting to visit - its pretty small but what an incredible man!

I think this cruise, with being such a special one as there aren't any more YET, filled with repeat cruisers, and many of us have cruised together before. But, we all love to meet 'new to us' cruisers and by the time this cruise comes along we should all know each other pretty well!!!!!:dance3: Please slap us all if we get a bit too cliquey though!!!:eek: We really don't want to appear that way.

Oh wow, sorry if anyone is feeling missed out! We didn't mean it. Its very exciting to be traveling with some old friends again but we love making new friends too.

Facebook me if you want to get to know me - I should be easy to find, I'm the only Paula Sillars on Facebook ;)

It does get to the point where you will find yourself sailing again (& again) with some of the same people....there are alot of us that LOVE the longer cruises & days at sea, so we jump at the special itineraries.

And then you realise that you really ARE going to see these people again and you'd better be on your best behaviour at all times! :rotfl2:

e? Also, I noticed that there are many different tabs, I know what the FE is, but, how does the secret Mickey, Scavengar Hunt, Champagne Girls, and candy swap work?

I'm the organiser for the candy swap - I left some instructions on the spreadsheet as to how this works but please let me know if it doesn't make sense so I can clarify :)

Here's one I found, but I haven't researched it yet or any others really, as far as being reputable, etc.: http://www.kauaiziplinetours.com/

Thanks!

I heard back from Jordak with a design for us our cruise. I think Marty did a great job.

hawaiiposter.jpg

here is what it would look like on a shirt
livepreview.aspx

I love this! Very nice!

I heard back from Jordak with a design for us our cruise. I think Marty did a great job.

hawaiiposter.jpg

here is what it would look like on a shirt
livepreview.aspx

I love this design. I will probably make a number of different t shirts again, but this will definitely be one of them.

Corinna

I love the cruise logo design!!! It looks fab on the t shirt.

I thought i wouldn't copy it as this site is slow enough!!!!:eek:

OK, I have some spare minutes before heading to work so I thought I post a bit more information about the Scavenger Hunt and Secret Mickey. Please note that I have put this information together for my Mexican Riviera cruise in October and this might slightly change for this cruise.

Scavenger Hunt:

The Scavenger Hunt consists of 30 questions with a few puzzles thrown in for good measure. All the answers can be found by walking around the ship. I found so many different details while walking around the ship putting together the question that I normally would never have noticed. On top of this there will be 10 to 15 tasks were you either have to take photos of various things or bring items to the scoring session.

I will give out the game packs at the meet on the first day at 3:00 PM in the Promenade Lounge. If you can't make it to this meet, I will push the pack underneath your stateroom door later in the day. You then have most of the cruise to do this at your own pace. You can either do it all in one go or a little bit at a time throughout the cruise. On the last sea day, I will be at the Promenade Lounge from 11:00 A.M. to 12 P.M. to score your answer sheets and tasks. At that stage you need to hand in your answer sheets and show me your items that you have collected and the photos you have taken. If you have a digital camera, there is no need to print the photos. I am quite happy to look at them on your camera.

Secret Mickey:

What is Secret Mickey?

If you have ever participated in Secret Santa, then you have a good idea what this is about. You will be allocated a family or an individual and it is then your task to spoil them rotten during the cruise. The budget for this is $25 to $30. This does not have to be anything faqncy. During the cruise, you should drop a little something off for your Secret Mickey 2 or 3 times. This can be a note, some candy, a souvenir, a magnet, etc. On the last sea day there will be a reveal session and during this, you should give your Secret Mickey a slightly bigger present.

Corinna

Lynne- love all the pics. We would need a month in each port to see all the wonderful things. I wish we had at least two days in each place.

On the PC cruise I could not order the shirts. I had a hard time figuring all the computer angles and just gave up. I think it was a different company.

We would be interested in a helicopter ride. Like Lynne said any island would be beautiful.

Good morning wonderful DIS people.....I'm finally done with unpacking after our cruise last week...I hate this part of vacation LOL

Great graphics...design is looking great in t-shirt.

And thank you for explanation what Scavenger Hunt and Secret Mickey is all about :)

Thank you everyone for so many kind words.....I'm still trying to go through all the pages, it's fun to read all the experience you guys had already, I learn a lot this way.

My kids cried so hard when we left Magic last week, but we didn't tell them that we book this cruise for next year. It will be surprise for them....maybe as a Christmas present. :)

Good luck keeping it a secret for that long!

thanks for explaining I was also curious.....i loved on the podcast cruise when people where wearing DIS lanyards, lets you know who you can chat with:goodvibes

as for the newbies-I understand, this is only our second disney cruise as well, but let me assure you that any time i need some advice info/ i have posted on this thread and the vets have answered graciously! WELCOME!:woohoo:

AS FOR ACTIVITIES I WOULD LOVE TO ADD A DOOR DECORATING CONTEST: IF WE COULD ORGANIZE A TIME TO MEET ON A SEA DAY AND AS MANY JUDGES AS WOULD LIKE COULD TOUR THE FLOORS AND GIVE SECRET RATINGS TO THE DOORS, I WILL SUPPLY A FEW PRIZES AS WELL....ANY THOUGHTS? ANYBODY EVER DONE THIS AND HAS SUGGESTIONS? I WOULD LOVE THIS TO BE ADDED TO THE ACTIVITIES PAGE.....I WILL BE IN CHARGE:yay:

Door decoration contest would be fun - of course- we would not win either, but I love walking around the ship looking at the doors and Fish Extenders!

So true....you can do as much or as little as you want to/chose to/need to. I don't know if I'm going to participate in the FE gifts, since I need to fly home from the West Coast. I love doing the FE exchange when I'm sailing in/out of Port Canaveral, but then I can :drive: myself (and my stuff) home :rotfl: No need to worry about baggage allowances.

Things will be planned that will be right up your alley that you can do with fellow DISers....you may also not want to do anything that's planned. NO worries what so ever! You may find someone to do that excursion with you (when no one you know wants to do it), or if nothing else - you'll get a smile from the other DISer wearing a lanyard.

I agree, I would try to at least smile, if not say Hi every time I saw a lanyard, even if I did not know the person wearing it, and may not have had the time to stop and talk.

What if you do not participate in the FE? Although I enjoyed doing the FE last cruise, it was just to overwhelming for me to do with 2 young kids. It took SO much room in my luggage, on top of diapers, baby food, etc. And that doesn't even count taking all of our goodies home!.. I was cramming things in parts of my luggage I didn't even know I had!..and that was just the 4 nighter. And I can imagine it would only be worse on a 15 nighter.. Being that we have to pack many more "neccessities". :laundy:

As mentioned by others, it is totally up to you if you want to participate in FE's or any other DIS event!

Linda - have fun visiting with Jamie!

Yeah.....my son already wondered why daddy is looking at DCL so often...LOL, let me tell you, this man got obsessed with Disney cruises :)

I know how he feels.. All my life, I dreamed about going to WDW, when I finally got to go, on our honeymoon, in 2006 at the age of 31, I became a lifelong fan!.. Then, we went in 2009 and took or oldest son, and that is when I pretty much started the annual WDW and/or Disney Cruise trip! Not to sound cliche', but I have to admit, that there is something about Disney that is "magical"~.. I can see where he gets his new obsession. My only issue now is that my oldest will be starting school beginning in the 2012 school year, so not sure when we will take our annual Disney trips!:confused3 :banana:

And now that I am taking my Mom on her first Disney trip (this cruise), we may have a new Disney Travel fanatic!

I copied the image to photoshop and then to flicker. From there I brought a copy over to Vista Print and viewed and copied their preview of the image on a shirt. That is the copy I saved and posted. I've saved the image on Vista to my account should I want to order anything with the image on it. I did this on another cruise with an image someone else had posted, one of many we used for different things on the WBTA. After buying what I wanted, and paying for the setup charges, I contacted Vista and cleared with them setting up the account with a generic sign-on and the DISboard as the account name. This way people could order, pay with their own card (info not saved) and their own mailing address, without paying the setup charges.

Vista is on e-bates, currently giving 5% back, and frequently offers discounts. The shirts are offered today for $7.50 with free shipping, but that changes all the time. If you haven't ordered from Vista, the quality of the shirts and printing is good, average. I have washed the shirts and they do fine. My experience with their customer service has been great. One order I was not pleased with the quality of the printing. I called them and they rushed me out 4 new shirts, at no charge, with no problem.

I've heard of Vistaprint but not e-bate. Just checked it out. Cool! I really think when it gets closer that I would order the tshirt. So, if I understand you correctly, it is ready to be ordered on Vistaprint?

Just saw the logo for the cruise and love it! Looks great, and I love that we can grab the shirts through Vista, instead of having a generic size for all.

I was looking at doing a 5 hour drive and stroll photo tours, where they take you to 15 of the top "picturesque" places.

Was hoping to do a Molokini excursion, but it looks like that is a first thing in the morning type of thing as the water is to rough by noon.... hoping that DCL will have the excursion there and turtle town (or turtle island....something turtle...)

Well we have 17 lanyard team members so far (including me and Jason). Thanks to everyone who's volunteered so far!! I'll post that list soon so everyone can say thanks....but in the meantime, there's room for about 8 more DIS friends to join the lanyard team (the group who will all chip in to pay for the custom lanyards that we will provide free of charge to everyone on our cruise), then PM me asap. Space is filling up fast!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter