April 29, 2012 ~ Aloha! ~ Wonder to Hawaii- who is with me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone asked if Ducky gets off the boat. When we were on the PC he was on our tour bus in Costa Rica. We did the airel tram and he waited in line just like the rest of us. He is a super nice guy.

DCL will be overflowed with emails this week. Hope it does some good.

I found it, but not on the first page -- it was a few pages in. I wondered why it wasn't in the list on the first page.

My husband and I live in Everett, just north of Seattle. This is my first post on this thread, as I'm trying to read the whole thing -- all 60+ pages -- before I get too involved in posting. My husband Harry joined the Facebook group. (I don't do Facebook myself, not enough time in the day.) We just booked a gty on Tuesday.

Pretty sure a few people around here will recognize us from the 2005 WBPC, or the 2006 11 night Southern Caribbean, or the first EBTA (in 2007? I forget!). :wave2::wave2: Anyway, Harry and I finally got married last May 14 (the fifth anniversary of the day we met, plus my birthday), so this cruise will be a wonderful second anniversary present for us. For our first anniversay next month we are doing a short three day cruise on the Dream -- our first time on the new ship!

BethE (now really Beth K)

:welcome: Hi Beth. I remember you and Harry from the 11 night Southern Caribbean cruise. Congratulations on your wedding. I got married May 22, 2009 on the Disney Wonder. We can celebrate our anniversaries on this cruise.:bride:

Bev

Don't even mention that fiasco. Did I mention that while I was in line to pay for my purses - got one for me and DD, I had one stolen off the counter? It was rung up and paid for and waiting to be bagged when both the cashier and I literally turned our heads away for literally 15 seconds and POOF! It had walked. Cashier made an announcement to please someone bring it back but of course no one did. It was horrendous....

A CM who was standing in line was talking to the Store mgr, he suggested he hand out numbers and he finally got smart and did it. But you would think they would have thought of that beforehand. It was a nightmare.

Even on the PC in Jan, they had the same problem. I hope they have things ironed out by the time we get on there.

As for Aly and AJ, had a friend get slammed by a sea of kids, she had to have her head checked out when they came rushing through Route 66 to get at them. Not to mention that they found out where they were staying and bothered the others passengers on the same floor. SIGH, hopefully they will have had all that figured out.

Hi Laura I remember reading that from your FB posts...............by the way loved all your pics.:thumbsup2 I don't know what the end result was though. Did they have another one for you ? Did you get your money back ? It's ashame that people can be like that when your on such a lovely vacation.:sad1:

Online, they still are offering:
Hawaiian Host chocolate covered macadamia nuts in 2 oz boxes (4 pieces of candy) for $3.19 or a 6-box set for $18.79. They have Mickey & Minnie, LILO & Stitch, and Hello Kitty designed boxes.

I imagine they are offering the same in stores. They were in stores in Feb 2010, still online in April 2011, so who knows for May 2012?

Thanks !

I agree with Val. The Wonder going to LA was left out in the cold by all the fuss for the Dream. The service was not up to Disney standards and there were so many new CM-no one really knew what to do. Hopefully , the Fantasy will not overshadow the Hawaiian cruise.

Started reading Hawaii by Cruise Ship. Got it at Barnes and Noble for $21.

We have storms coming through this afternoon. I hope to be getting this book by the time the weekend is over with.

I am taking a guess, but I think DCL will be very attentive to this particular cruise. Hawaii is a brand new venture for them, and with 4 ships now, it is an itinerary that will be sought after by travelers if the first one is a success.

I believe they were surprised at the rapid sell out (or close to) that occurred within the first 24 hours of bookings. They have the bar set high, and they know they will have to deliver in order to secure future bookings on the same itinerary.

Only time will tell.... :wizard:

:thumbsup2 The other thing is that this is the first time DCL is going to Hawaii. It will be special !! Even if they do other Hawaii sailings and I am sure they will...........It can't be taken away that this is the first one. When DCL went to Colombia for the first time it was special !! I am looking forward to that experience again.:goodvibes

I started a spreadsheet for linking resies for late dinner and for those interested in a group Palo Brunch

Right now we can't do much more than put our names on the list. As we get closer, I will post details about information I need and how the whole process works. I've done this for the EBTA and 1 other cruise, so I am happy to organize this. We will need someone else to organize 1st seating dinner linkage. Let me know if you want me to create a spreadsheet for that. :thumbsup2

Thanks for doing this ! I am interested in brunch.

I found it, but not on the first page -- it was a few pages in. I wondered why it wasn't in the list on the first page.

My husband and I live in Everett, just north of Seattle. This is my first post on this thread, as I'm trying to read the whole thing -- all 60+ pages -- before I get too involved in posting. My husband Harry joined the Facebook group. (I don't do Facebook myself, not enough time in the day.) We just booked a gty on Tuesday.

Pretty sure a few people around here will recognize us from the 2005 WBPC, or the 2006 11 night Southern Caribbean, or the first EBTA (in 2007? I forget!). :wave2::wave2: Anyway, Harry and I finally got married last May 14 (the fifth anniversary of the day we met, plus my birthday), so this cruise will be a wonderful second anniversary present for us. For our first anniversay next month we are doing a short three day cruise on the Dream -- our first time on the new ship!

BethE (now really Beth K)

Welcome Aboard Beth & Harry !

Someone asked if Ducky gets off the boat. When we were on the PC he was on our tour bus in Costa Rica. We did the airel tram and he waited in line just like the rest of us. He is a super nice guy.

We shared breakfast table with Ducky at Topsiders on the 2008 WBPC cruise. He truly does not know he is a celebrity. He believes that the thousands of us who love him are just his friends. :lovestruc:goodvibes He commented to Dennis when we sat down that he was really glad to sail with us again and that Dennis was looking well. :) I think he is a rare man to not let all those standing ovations go to his head. :thumbsup2

I felt lucky to win one...any one. Of course my youngest daughter wanted Minnie and eldest daughter was hoping for Alice, I was just happy to get one. When I walked out of the theatre people were offering me money for it or offers to swap what others had won, I didn't even realise how cool it was until the offers started coming in. :goodvibes
Fingers crossed you can win a Jiminy, or any one and maybe swap, He does quite a few in one show. :thumbsup2

Thanks Alan, I didn't reaslise it had been so recent and surprises me how badly it was handled. I am not a pin collector myself, we do have quite a few, but just buy ones that the kids admire.
Corinna, I watched your video, WOW!
I am happy to write a letter, but don't want to get the facts wrong and sounds silly. Alan, would you be willing to do a quick draft of what I and others should write? Thanks :thumbsup2

My paperwork, and the website says 31 December for me, and I am silver. Weird, so many different dates floating around.
Lets hope this is not signs of things to come - disorganisation!

I am also in the group of not " lucky enough " to win one. I wen't and saw every presentation in hopes of winning one. So :wizard:for Jimmy and anyone else in the not lucky club.

The PIF date is all messed up. I will be Platium and I have a 2/14/12 PIF date, my friend is silver and has a 12/31/11 and my mom is Gold and has a 12/1/11

To be safe I have put in my budget to be PIF by Dec. 1st.

The itinerary map is drawn by artists. We had someone ask Captain Thord on the 2008 WBPC cruise why the utinerary was changed since we cruised differently than the picture on the postcards and advertisements. Captain Thord said the art department does not ask the captains for the route.

I figure there will be a lot of details that Disney has considered and plans to do that we do not know yet. Like on old spy movies:
"That's on a need to know basis and you don't need to know."

I am a PLANNER but am trying to ramp that down and enjoy today instead--NOT EASY !

Wave phones are in the rooms, to carry around, work on the ship and CC, are charged to your bill if you take them home and work better than walkie talkies.

I am not doing FE but it sounds like everyone wants to plan on groups of 25 so those making gifts could start when they want to. If sign up rolls around and you have enough for two groups, sign up for two groups. Or if you have extra bring them along for spontaneous gifting of non-DIS friends you might make on the ship or CMs.

Jan :earsgirl:

Interesting point thanks for sharing. :woohoo:on FE shhh I already have started.;)

We shared breakfast table with Ducky at Topsiders on the 2008 WBPC cruise. He truly does not know he is a celebrity. He believes that the thousands of us who love him are just his friends. :lovestruc:goodvibes He commented to Dennis when we sat down that he was really glad to sail with us again and that Dennis was looking well. :) I think he is a rare man to not let all those standing ovations go to his head. :thumbsup2

I could listen to him tell his story over & over. He is truly inspirational.:goodvibes

On the PC we went to GS and asked for a second litho and they said 1 per cabin. We have separate cabins. It would have been nice. We too went to both seminars with Ducky and did not win one. His story is amazing! I would love to win one! We used to live in Ballard my Dad was head of the Corps of Engineers there in the late 70's. We were be gold after my birthday cruise in Dec.

Funny you say disorganization. That is what happened. So instead of me drafting a form letter, becides I think it better to have each letter have it's own saying and personality, just say that you have seen a video and have heard stories. And now with all these PIF dates, looks like history is repeating itself yet again.

Alan - I see your point and maybe getting X number of different letters expressing concern would in fact have the most impact. However, I feel that getting X number times 10 of the same letter (maybe with a few changes on some) and a show of a united force (power in numbers) could have even more impact. So I'll draft up a letter, post it, and anyone who wants can send it as an individual message. Hopefully they will get lots of individual e-mails (as you suggested) and those who might not have otherwise sent a message will use this letter. After all, all we want is to get our message heard and hope for a response.

Alan, do you want to post a copy of what you sent so we can use some of your ideas and make sure we cover everything? If you want, I'll change the wording so it doesn't sound like your letter. Also, info on where you sent it? Do any of you want to give your thoughts on what should be mentioned,
1. pin distribution,
2. not making the Fantasy the main focus,
3. concern on staffing issues,
4. times in port - no late night stay
5. cruising by Kilaeua, Hawaii and Na Pali Coast, Kauai.
6. schedule conflicts of major activities
7. PIF date
Val

Greetings from Bellevue :) We should have a DIS WA meet before the cruise! I think there is at least one more person from the Seattle area on this thread.

Hi! Yes, I noticed a few Seattle area folks on the google spreadsheet. A pre-cruise meet would be great!

BTW, for the Lansing MI people (I think I've seen three on the list) my husband Harry lived in Lansing his entire life until a year ago when he moved to WA just before our wedding. He still follows the local news and of course MSU sports.

Well, we are off to Victoria BC for the weekend! :car: Will try to catch up next week.

Beth (and Harry)

Val. I think the main concers are the pin lines and the fact that we got treated like second hand citizens on the PC. Not only was there no fanfare in LA there was nothing at PC either. I know that some people who tried to organize activities for the group got little help from the staff. Even the location of FE final gift exchange was changed the last minute by Disney- a lot of people missed it and were upset.

I will wait and see your letter and then also may send another one of my own.
I did send one when we got back and I did receive a call from Disney concerning it. But in reality all they said was they would look into the concerns I mentioned and that they were sorry certain things happened.

FOr those of us interested in a vow renewel there is something on page 15 of the Hawaii by Cruise Ship book. The Sheraton Moana Surfrider in Waikiki has a complimentary ceremony every Sat night in the hotel's courtyard and it is open to its guests and the general public. I know that we are there I think on a Sunday but maybe if anyone has any Sheraton connections they could work something out for the group of us.- Just a thought

Val I would say all of the above and if I may add one, activity scheduling. Making sure two major activities are not at the same time like let's say Friendship Rocks and the judging for a two week long family boat building contest. I have already deleted my email. I was going to send another in the summer time and then again about November and for good messure again in March.

I would like to add that special merchandise exclusive to this sailing also be pre ordered like the pins on the Maiden Voyage of the Dream. That way more people can get something. We had main dining on the MV and it was nearly impossible to get anything unless we skipped a meal. I can see it happening again on this cruise since it is the first sailing to Hawaii. Shame on the Ebay sellers!!!

I would like to add that special merchandise exclusive to this sailing also be pre ordered like the pins on the Maiden Voyage of the Dream. That way more people can get something. We had main dining on the MV and it was nearly impossible to get anything unless we skipped a meal. I can see it happening again on this cruise since it is the first sailing to Hawaii. Shame on the Ebay sellers!!!
Oh yes. I could not be in more agreement with you.

Alan - I see your point and maybe getting X number of different letters expressing concern would in fact have the most impact. However, I feel that getting X number times 10 of the same letter (maybe with a few changes on some) and a show of a united force (power in numbers) could have even more impact. So I'll draft up a letter, post it, and anyone who wants can send it as an individual message. Hopefully they will get lots of individual e-mails (as you suggested) and those who might not have otherwise sent a message will use this letter. After all, all we want is to get our message heard and hope for a response.

Alan, do you want to post a copy of what you sent so we can use some of your ideas and make sure we cover everything? If you want, I'll change the wording so it doesn't sound like your letter. Also, info on where you sent it? Do any of you want to give your thoughts on what should be mentioned,
1. pin distribution,
2. not making the Fantasy the main focus,
3. concern on staffing issues,
4. times in port - no late night stay
5. cruising by Kilaeua, Hawaii and Na Pali Coast, Kauai.
6. schedule conflicts of major activities
Val

Personally, would love to stress number 5!

We are to PIF on December 31st, first time on DCL. We are able to make our reservations for on Feb 14th. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason with how they picked the PIF date for everyone.

Picked up Hawaii By Cruise Ship today. I can't believe I can continue to get more and more excited!!!

Aloooha.

Have wanted to go to Hawaii since I was a kid and saw the Brady Bunch Goes to Hawaii episode.

Who is going to bring aboard the ancient cursed taboo tiki idol?

Might also have been one of the few passengers on the Wonder PC cruise who didn't really care if we got a sendoff or a welcome or whatever. The pin thing was a mess but I don't do pins so I wasn't in the line. Nor do I have the slightest idea who Ali and AJ are, someone want to enlighten?

Aloooha.

Have wanted to go to Hawaii since I was a kid and saw the Brady Bunch Goes to Hawaii episode.

Who is going to bring aboard the ancient cursed taboo tiki idol?

?

shush, the tiki thing was going to be a surprise, then there is that diving board at the edge of the volcano excursion :lmao::lmao:

Those ticky tacky tiki gods..... :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter